Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pics of your modded tail lights

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2005, 05:29 PM
MichelleJD
Jane Bond 007
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 28 Likes on 17 Posts

Bret:
I used translucent black paint from Hobby Lobby. It's made by Tester's. Should be able to get it at local hobby shops.
Old 06-20-2005, 05:52 PM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 116 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by bigsheldy
So, if someone changes out the stock radio, they're defiling what the almighty Doctor intended and their car is now rice?
Although many a purist may normally prefer a purist approach, I guess some will allow the line to be crossed when new superior technology is involved.

Case in point, a CD in the radio. Yes since the new technology is superior and weighs the same so as not to upset the perfect balance of the suspension, and does not reduce the visceral thrill of the exhaust note should be allowed.

Case in point, a motor that weighs the same and more than doubles the horsepower. Yes since the new technology is superior and weighs the same so as not to upset the perfect balance of the suspension, and does not reduce the visceral thrill, and actuall increases the visceral thrill of the exhaust note should be allowed.

Case in point, a custom interior. If done in good taste, and I am the sole arbiter of good taste....

Case in point, rims... a pure porsche purist would prohibit BBS or Speedline rims, and should have caniptions over the use of spacers or incorrect offset rims or mille miglia imitation rims.

Quick Reply: Pics of your modded tail lights