Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Greaseslingers.... Brian needs a good belt!

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2005, 01:44 PM
Geo
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by icat
I'm grounded - one of my sunvisor clips broke yesterday and I can't drive Code Red until I get another one.

Actually, I'm building ANOTHER house - this one's in the backyard for Bandit. I have a table saw delivery coming in between 8am and 12 noon on Saturday. After which we will be rewiring the garage for 220. Sorry guys - this one's been in the plans for a couple of weeks.
Uh, I have a sunvisor clip (early if that makes a difference).

Hmmm..... table saw. Hmmmm...... 220.

Party at Keith's!

What kind of table saw did you get?

Keith says the house if for Bandit, but we know better. Bandit will be on the bed and Keith will be in the new little house.
Old 06-09-2005, 01:46 PM
Geo
Race Director

I've actually got to get the shop wired for more 220 (currently has one outlet). We need additional outlets for the AC, the compressor, and the oven (for powdercoating).

I've got a guy to do it for me if I ever get off my butt and run the wires (all he'll need to do is connect it - I hate electricity).
Old 06-09-2005, 02:43 PM
PeteL
Got Nothin'
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Geo
Oh, BTW Pete, what ever happened with the 911?
Decided to be responsible, and stick with what I have, which is in my garage with a flat right rear tire...
Old 06-09-2005, 09:10 PM
goingboeing737
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thought I was in...but, now I'm out.

Gotta show the Kingwood rent house to a couple of interested people.

Too bad the damn thing aint done........
Old 06-09-2005, 09:29 PM
apierce918
Addic
Rennlist Member

too bad you guys arent up north a lil' bit... well a lot a bit, i just ordered all the tools i need for my belt job and am about to embark on this same thing
Old 06-09-2005, 09:41 PM
Geo
Race Director

Originally Posted by goingboeing737
Thought I was in...but, now I'm out.

Gotta show the Kingwood rent house to a couple of interested people.

Too bad the damn thing aint done........
Bummer dude.

There is an outside chance I may have to postpone until Sunday. I have a bunch of documents to complete for starting our Sarbanes-Oxley compliance garbage. If I don't get them done tomorrow to my boss's satisfaction, I may be working Saturday (I doubt it though, the stuff I have to fill out is BS).
Old 06-10-2005, 12:00 AM
icat
Race Car

Originally Posted by Geo
Uh, I have a sunvisor clip (early if that makes a difference).

Hmmm..... table saw. Hmmmm...... 220.

Party at Keith's!

What kind of table saw did you get?

Keith says the house if for Bandit, but we know better. Bandit will be on the bed and Keith will be in the new little house.
Grizzly 2 HP Left Tilt Table Saw with Shop Fox Mobile Base - 316 lbs. of fun on a blade!

Also got a few DeWalt tools I've been needing (wanting)...

DeWalt 12" Compound Miter Saw
DeWalt Circular Saw
DeWalt Jig Saw
DeWalt Router (3 Base Pack)
DeWalt 18v Hammer Drill
DeWalt 18v Cut Off Saw

It was a very good week.
Old 06-10-2005, 12:07 AM
Geo
Race Director

Dude, I would have sold you my Grizzly, althought the newer ones (yours) is nicer than mine. I passed up a Unisaw at an auction nearly 15 years ago at $325 and kick myself everytime I think of it (like now -oof!). I promised my ex-wife I wouldn't spend more than $300. I was a noob at auctions and probably could have gotten it had I thought things through better.

Do yourself a favor and spend whatever time you need setting it up correctly (get everything squared and parallel as necessary). You'll be glad you did. I've twice spent about 6-8 hours (over about 3 days) tweaking my table saw to get it right, or as close as possible (hey, it's NOT a Unisaw and the table isn't even flat). I spent even longer dinking with my radial arm saw when I built the bench for it in my garage.

Anyway, setting it up properly will make it not only work better for you, but it will be safer as well. And for dang sure, use the guards. They have to be aligned too. I had to shim mine some.
Old 06-10-2005, 12:08 AM
Geo
Race Director

Shoot if it wasn't for Brian's belts and preparing for going to Alaska, I'd have to come over and help. I love building things.
Old 06-10-2005, 12:40 AM
icat
Race Car

I've gotta stop in at Rockler's tomorrow and pick up a table saw setup book I've been advised to get. We've got the frame up on Bandit's house - looks pretty good even if I do say so myself. When it's done it will be a 24 sq. ft. (6x4) air conditioned castle with cathedral ceiling and R-13 insulation. Exterior will be Hardie Plank and painted to match our house. I'll post pics when it's finished.
Old 06-10-2005, 12:49 AM
Geo
Race Director

Awesome!

Table saw set-up is pretty simple in concept. As many things, the real test is in the execution. You're going to want to get it right or as right as you possibly can. It will make a huge difference.

If you run into any difficulties, call me at the shop on Saturday. (281) 456-0027
Old 06-10-2005, 10:53 AM
jenket944
Pro

I can push off until Sunday if needed. Not a problem. Sounds like one or two more will show up.
Old 06-10-2005, 11:22 AM
icat
Race Car

I'd like to be there - but it's just not working out. My dad is coming out to help with the electrical (he's done it before - I haven't). Their trip out from Yoakum has been delayed until Sunday, so now my whole weekend is booked. Gotta get the Dog Castle in the dry so we can stop ACing the crate - to many holes! Bandit seems pretty happy though - he keeps sitting inside the frame with this "when ya gonna get this thing finished" look.
Old 06-10-2005, 11:52 AM
Geo
Race Director

Brian, I think we're still on for tomorrow (my choice). I think I'll get the report done today. It's just that everything I touched this week has exploded for some reason (maybe you don't want me touching your car ). I think this one will go OK though.

My plan at this time is to get to the shop early and do some things around the shop I need to address and a little work on my part design project.
Old 06-10-2005, 03:57 PM
jenket944
Pro

OK. Saturday works better for me, anyway. So everything you've touched this week has exploded, eh? Good thing I'm not bringing the turbo, LOL. I'm thinking I'll get there around 10 or 11am.

Quick Reply: Greaseslingers.... Brian needs a good belt!