Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DAS 951 struck by angry rabbit.

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2005, 08:24 AM
stefon
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sorry for you
Old 06-08-2005, 08:36 AM
Gator_86_951
Spell Checker
Rennlist Member

Received 393 Likes on 296 Posts

I agree karate chop to the throat and then write p0wned on his forehead with a magic marker followed by telling him you can haXX0r his IKE session.
Old 06-08-2005, 08:37 AM
Chris_924s
Nerd Herder
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

well. crap. I hate a-hole drivers.
Old 06-08-2005, 09:22 AM
nickhance
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The cops appeared out of no where, cleared the rest of the tire from the road, gave him a ticket and called tow trucks for both of us, so this should work out just fine.
Old 06-08-2005, 11:26 AM
4thChild
Rennlist Member

Total drag... sorry to hear it. If you neck hurts bad enough, perhaps a new Cayman S is in order. LOL, jk.
Old 06-08-2005, 11:46 AM
109er
Racer

Damn, that sucks, but it IS good to see that your damage is so minimal. And as regards your original point, I have noticed the same thing... my bone-stock red 944S just presents a target for every assbasket in Norfolk to try and race, cut in front of, tailgate, or what have you. Best recent one was the 98 T/A that somehow decided he was going to drive ACROSS Hampton Blvd (not from a cross street... from a parking space). My fiancee couldn't believe we squeezed a 5-foot wide car through that very rapidly shrinking space between Señor Moron approaching from the right and another car on the left.

I was nice and calm when it happened, but came down with a case of the nerves afterwards, though.

Lynn
Old 06-08-2005, 12:02 PM
Macfreak007
Three Wheelin'

Nick, look on the bright side, if the damage had gotten into one or both of the quarters, or the rear sheet metal, then you would have been totaled. I would be glad that it was a "lowered" celica rice mobile behind me, rather than a huge SUV ***** compensation mobile. << thats what happened to my first car
It doesn't look bad at all, but make sure the insurance company covers all bases on the fix. Take it to the best shop you can find, somewhere that knows about these cars!
Old 06-08-2005, 12:11 PM
tifosiman
Race Director

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Macfreak007
a huge SUV ***** compensation mobile.

Old 06-08-2005, 12:15 PM
theedge
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Look on the bright side. You got muddy, a simple body panel broken, possibly a dented tire well, and a toasted bumper.

His hood is ruined, front body kit/bumper/whatever that is, looks like his A/C system is gone, maybe cracked headlights?, prolly a few other things, hes at fault 100%, and he got SCREAMED at in front of what I assume was his girlfriend. Oh and a ticket. I bet hes crapping bricks "OMG I rearended a turbo Porsche, insurance is going to kill me!!"
Old 06-08-2005, 12:56 PM
WesM951
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yea that dude is fux0red

Sorry bout the car man, it looks like a beauty!
Old 06-08-2005, 01:18 PM
testarossa_td
Race Car

Originally Posted by Macfreak007
Nick, look on the bright side, if the damage had gotten into one or both of the quarters, or the rear sheet metal, then you would have been totaled. I would be glad that it was a "lowered" celica rice mobile behind me, rather than a huge SUV ***** compensation mobile. << thats what happened to my first car
It doesn't look bad at all, but make sure the insurance company covers all bases on the fix. Take it to the best shop you can find, somewhere that knows about these cars!
For reference I had a gal (a week ago) dent my drivers rear quarter(pretty good) with a kiss to the rear bumper and area under the tail lights, and insurance quoted $1100 on the damage. I thought total too, but when it comes to the rear of these, insurance is very flexible. I had my underspoiler off at the time cleaning it so it did not take hit one
Now a rock ding in the front and they LOVE to total!!!
Old 06-08-2005, 01:41 PM
testarossa_td
Race Car

Maybe this will help
Attached Images  

Last edited by testarossa_td; 06-22-2005 at 05:28 PM.
Old 06-08-2005, 03:14 PM
Zero10
Race Car

Taking a second look at things, that was a pretty lucky hit. Check under the carpet in the hatch, but I'd bet the hatch floor isn't buckled. Your passenger side quarter panel is a little scraped, but not overly bent, and not buckled. Both of those are very good news, and say that your car will most likely not be totalled, and is easily repairable. It's pretty much a new rear spoiler, passenger side bumper cap, and pair of bumper shocks, along with some paint work on the passenger rear quarter and your bumper, then just the spare tire well, which I'm not 100% sure about how bad the damage on it is.
Doesn't look like it touched your bumper pads either.

The celica on the other hand..... New hood, new bumper cover, new driver's side headlight, new A/C condensor, then it needs the rad support straightened, and to see if it took the rad with it. Once the condensor is replaced, it needs an A/C recharge, not to mention new bumper shocks, etc. It's pretty hefty damage on the celica, it may be totalled. I would expect your damage to be in the range of $2000, while I would expect his to be around $7000.

That's probably not any compensation for what he did to your car, but here's to hoping that he doesn't have collision coverage!

So, how's the neck and everything feeling today?
I find it's usually the worst the next morning. Right when you get out of bed without thinking about what happened the day before.

And now for something completely different....

Here's my attempt at a smiley representation of what happened.

And then the other guy....
: tailgate :

Am I close?
Hey, if you can't laugh about it, go home
Old 06-08-2005, 03:32 PM
rickb20
Pro

Default were your back tires slick?

In the seventh pic from the top it looks like your back tire was slick. I was just wondering if he got his front end under your car to such an extent that it lifted, or whether your tires were slick enough that you lost traction easily.

Interestingly, a tire manufacturing rep recently told me that most people who replace their tires do so only two at a time, replacing the front tires first since they seem to be most worn. He told me that for rear wheel drive cars it's best to have your best/newest tires on the rear, the reason being that if you lose traction at the rear you're more likely to do a 360 and lose total control.

Anyway, glad you weren't hurt and that the damage was not nearly as bad as it could have been.

Sincerely,
Rick
Old 06-08-2005, 05:16 PM
Danno
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nick, sorry to hear about your crash... I've been rear-ended twice at stoplights by idiots who couldn't stop in time or thought that a green light means I could accelerate instantly... Bastards!!!

"It was a thin guy from Asia somewhere and a bigger white girl. Both of them were very passive."

So is the chic hot? Tell him you'll take her as partial payment...

Quick Reply: DAS 951 struck by angry rabbit.