Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Neck Brace/support Group buy

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2005, 10:16 PM
Eyal 951
Nordschleife Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Neck Brace/support Group buy

Yep, another one guys... But I feel this one is important for those of us on the track.
In lieu of recent events, I wanted to get a group buy on Neck braces together. For all of us that are tracking, we should all have one of these, they are really worth the small price to keep us from damaging, or even snapping our necks in a track incident. They will even help prevtent whiplash.
Anyway heres the info:

OMP Anatomic neck support with a combination of woven nomex & knit nomex for more comfort. Contoured to sit better on driver's shoulders & padded in high density foam - Designed with an anatomical rear support. Therefore the neck support will be harder where it meets the base of the helmet and softer on the chin and in the rear areas, in order to reduce the burden of the helmet weight. (black, blue or red) $75 shipped

------------------------------------------------------

Pyrotect Neck Collar - This new 360 Degree Professional Series Neck Collar from Bell/Pyrotect is a major advance in safety and comfort! It is contoured to the shape and size of a Snell SA-rated helmet and tapered in the front and rear for correct back and breastbone fit. The special contours offer improved shoulder relief, greater neck clearance, improved air flow and cooling. The collar, which fits down over the shoulders, is a full 3-1/4" thick at the front to absorb maximum impact, and is far and away superior to 360-degree round collars. Made of a proprietary Extra High Density, fire-retardant foam with removable Nomex cover. Available in black, red, or blue.

NOTE: The contoured collar is a unique device in that it can be readily tailored to fit the individual driver and seating position. The foam is firm enough to be sculpted with a serrated bread knife or hand-held hacksaw blade. Instructions are included.
$45.99 shipped

-------------------------------------------------------------------

HANS Device - Model 20 Economy - $865 & free ground shipping to US 48.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I want to throw in the hans in case any of you want it. Their very hard to find in stock, and the people helping me out here have 8 in stock right now.
I won't accept orders until John D. approves this, an email is out.
~Eyal
Old 06-06-2005, 10:18 PM
adrial
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Some people's opinions on neck braces in crashes....
https://rennlist.com/forums/racing-and-drivers-education-forum/208122-hans-r3-issac-other.html

I was hoping they would be the cheaper way to a decent head/neck restraint...but they aren't.

The entry level Isaac device is only $300, but requires harnesses, which really requires a race seat.... $$$
Old 06-06-2005, 10:23 PM
Eyal 951
Nordschleife Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well, a couple guys saying you can pinch it... I have a pyrotect, and I'm going to pick up the OMP because it looks better, and you cant really fully pinch it. you have to remember the force is spread out by nearly half the bottom of the helmet, which gives the neck brace a lot larger of a surface area to resist the compression then a finger. Even though its not anywhere near the forces it would see in an incident, i cannot compress on my neck with a helmet on, I've tried.
I'd rather spend 50 bucks + or - to have this on over not having anything... I'm not ready to drop hundreds on something better.
~Eyal

Quick Reply: Neck Brace/support Group buy