Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

We are sssoooooooo lucky

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2005, 12:48 PM
BeerBurner
Unbannable
Rennlist Member

Received 92 Likes on 44 Posts

Oh behave!

Err... I mean...

BB.
Old 06-03-2005, 03:36 PM
deni durrell
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, we so lucky - oh be shaved! And yes, I am happy driving Pcars#1 and #2 - let the masses snivel with their hondas and fords. at least the driving is worthwhile, even just goin to da likka-sto!
Old 06-03-2005, 03:42 PM
beeg
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Z-man
So when one is late for dinner, do you shout up the stairs, "Hey, #2 - the food's getting cold!!"
Unfortunately, no stairs! I do however regularly shout at #3 (son) 'Hey, **** for brains get your **** over here'
Originally Posted by Z-man
There simply is no comparison between the 944 and the cars you metion. They simply were not engineered to drive the way a Porsche drives, no matter how 'younger' the cars are!

I suspect that if you drove a Lotus Elise, Mazda Miata, Corvette C06, Honda S2000, new Mini Cooper S, you may have a different view.

-Z.
Geez! I wasn't trying to compare them, just making an observation as to driving. Have you tried the new Proton Gen2? The local dealer gave me one for a weekend. If I hadn't found Bruce on the net I would be driving one of these. Designed by Lotus (a Proton subsidurary) and great fun to drive.
I drove the Excel for 10 years. I loved that little car. She did everything I asked and more and never cost a cent to maintain, no matter how I treated her. And I treated her really, really, really badly. No service, oil change maybe once a year, wash maybe twice a year, no polish etc. Maybe thats why they only gave me $750 trade-in on the Kia!
Old 06-03-2005, 06:04 PM
Danno
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

"I drove a new Elise on an autoX course and I had wood the rest of the day, that car is just pure sex on wheels."

I was arguing with some Ferrari guys at an autocross that the Elise will kick the F40's butt clean off the course. They tried to argue all sorts of stats and figures and what not. At the end of the day after both F40s were completely humbled by the Elise, they got to take a couple laps in the Elise... then it was all clear. I think one of them even sold the F40 to pick up an Elise...
Old 06-03-2005, 07:02 PM
UDPride
Thinking outside da' bun...
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 470 Likes on 242 Posts

I saw my first Elise on the public roads about a month ago. The car is absolutely stunning in person. I about wet myself. Of course no one else on the road knew was it was, but I gave the guy a big thumbs up and anyone who knows me knows I dont do thumbs up and waves because its icky.

I know someone who took a ride in an Elise at an autocross and his description was "we could of had double the cones and half the margin and still finished four times quicker."
Old 06-03-2005, 11:39 PM
Stuttgart 944
Racer

There is a guy in my town with a brand new yellow w/black wheels Elise. Nice, but I wish he wouldn't drive it in the rain. I hardly drive my car in the rain.
Old 06-06-2005, 10:53 AM
beeg
Addict
Rennlist Member

I've just returned home from a weekend in Sydney. I went down for a wedding (3000km!).
Porsche heaven!
Sunday morning a 89 944 Turbo pulled up in front of the pub I was staying at. I immediately went for a look, as you do. Absolutely immaculate. We got talking and I asked about the turbo boost feeling. He said (Colin) that it came in gradually as you got nearer to 3k in revs. This is contrary to what I have read here. Any response?
I also saw at least 4 944's all spotless and overtaking me in my Budget Hire Hyundai Getz (what a heap of crap!).
In the city centre, driving and parked, multiple Boxsters(sic), Carreras (all new looking) and a couple of 911's (older).
Before buying Bruce, I wouldn't have even noticed these beasts.
I also talked to a 2003 ?995 owner at the wedding I attended ($200K of car here). He seemed to look down on me because I was a 'waterboy'. Stiff ****! I drive a Porsche too! He also has a 1973? Morgan that he says is escalating in price each year. Currently valued at around $500k!!!
Some of the figures and years are hazy as it was a rather large alcohol fuelled weekend!!!!!
Old 06-06-2005, 11:01 AM
streckfu's
Rennlist Member

Received 668 Likes on 448 Posts

Originally Posted by ApexCars
It felt a little like grabbing a vibrator.

Quick Reply: We are sssoooooooo lucky