Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Good info on car batteries:

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2005, 01:02 PM
streckfu's
Rennlist Member

Received 668 Likes on 448 Posts
Default Good info on car batteries:

The subject of car batteries comes up frequently on this board so I thought I'd post this link. It is a list of battery manufacturers and who sells what.

link

Battery manufacturers, distributors, or large chain stores will often private label their batteries, for example in the U.S., EverStart for Wal-Mart, DieHard for Sears and DuraLast for Auto Zone in the United States. The larger chain stores might have batteries with their private label made by several manufacturers depending on the location to reduce shipping costs or to provide more different types or sized of batteries. Below is a list in alphabetical order of the largest battery manufacturers, joint ventures, distributors, and dealers with some of their brand names, trademarks and private labels, hyperlinks to their Web addresses and telephone numbers. The manufacturers are in bold type. Ownership, supply contracts, branding, Web addresses and telephone numbers are subject to change. For example, EnerSys purchased Hawker and portions of Yuasa; Johnson Controls acquired the automotive battery portions of Hoppecke, Varta, Bosch and Grupo IMSA and is in the process of acquiring the battery division of Delphi; and Yuasa and Japan Storage Battery have merged as GS Yuasa.
Old 05-27-2005, 01:20 PM
TRWright
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe this is a good thread to mention that I just replaced my original 1987 Porsche battery with a Bosch Premium. I couldn't believe that battery lasted 18 years!

Quick Reply: Good info on car batteries: