Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

City and County of Denver,CO Vehicles Ordinance

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2005, 01:18 AM
bearone
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Originally Posted by ibkevin
pcarfan944,
That is an outstanding point! I wish I had a DMV contact to query city officials for "offenses"! Yeah right, like they live in the city!

Here in IB we have a similar ordinance that applies ONLY to vehicles on the street, good call! My NA sits covered in the drive and the 951 in the garage. Hell, I installed a two car drive just to get the NA off the street. Ok, security had a little something to do with it!

Denver multi-car owners that are in a similar circumstance PM cambria to help revise this, as it stands, he will be addressing the board.

35thslp- Show off, damnit!

bearone- This is a no-brainer for an island. Welcome to the great western plane! Miles and miles of open road.......... Vegas, Salt lake, LA, Denver, Phoenix, name it!!! Juarez, Tiajuanna MX ? National Monuments- Zion, Bryce, Arches, Canyonlands, Four Corners, Mesa Verde, Monument Valley (Navajo Nation), and just a few others.....road trip pics to follow!
not really a no brainer.

driving fast in zion canyon???????

too many us drivers dink alone in the left lane of a 2 lane/each direction, road, whether it's hawaii, denver, phx, boston, new hampshire, gemany/austria/europe and i've lived in all of these plus driven all over the us and it never changes.

it's simple, if you're not passing someone and there are 2 lanes, drive in the right lane.
doesn't matter how fast you go, somebody else wants to go faster.

the original post referenced stepping up to 150 but still wouldn't get over for the mercedes who was blipping the lites and the big dog still had to pass in the right lane.

Old 05-24-2005, 03:48 PM
BigRed
Pro

Originally Posted by bearone
doesn't sound like their talking about inside a garage.

I interpreted that to mean that "stored" vehicles are cars in your garage, not in a storage facility because technically the stored cars in a storage facility AWAY from your house are not attached to that dwelling.

Either way, it doesn't sound real constitutional to me. Thou shalt NOT own vehicular property! Another way the government jacks with our lives...
Old 05-24-2005, 04:20 PM
cambria
Racer

Wes I can store vehicles in a commercial facility or I can store them in someones garage as long as the garage is within one contiguious city block from my residence, however I am not allowed to store vehicles on my own prperty. Here is the link to the code.
http://www.denvergov.org/Zoning_Code/template310755.asp
Old 05-24-2005, 04:41 PM
M758
Race Director

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Looks like you can't do any repairs in you grage or any other garage.
Old 05-24-2005, 04:55 PM
Crackhead944S
Pro

Maybe you should try to swap garage space with a buddy who lives more than a block away.
Old 05-24-2005, 05:48 PM
BigRed
Pro

Originally Posted by cambria
Wes I can store vehicles in a commercial facility or I can store them in someones garage as long as the garage is within one contiguious city block from my residence, however I am not allowed to store vehicles on my own prperty. Here is the link to the code.
http://www.denvergov.org/Zoning_Code/template310755.asp
So get yourself some friends that have 7 kids under driving age and "store" your cars at their house...or have a lot of kids yourself.

Is this really a necessary ordinance? Living in deep East Texas, I know of many people who have non running cars in their yard that they "will fix up later when they have the money" and yes, it does look trashy...but there has to be another reason for this? Too many parked cars on the street perhaps? It just seems so wrong to say that you have to store your car(s) elsewhere if you have a couple.

Again, it doesn't pertain to me, but I'd just like to know the reasoning. I would be in code, however, as I have 3 vehicles between my wife, myself, my daughter (18 months) and my wife's grandmother who lives with us (but doesn't drive...80 years). Hey, come to think of it, I can get a couple of more...
Old 05-24-2005, 06:58 PM
ibkevin
Defending the Border
Rennlist Member

Rest In Peace

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Cambria,

Any local car clubs spoken out on this yet? I can't imagine this has stayed under the radar for this long.

Wes- you would be in compliance--because you have two resistered drivers in the house. One per driver plus one per dwelling.

Quick Reply: City and County of Denver,CO Vehicles Ordinance