Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

These cars seem to bring out the worst in others.

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2005, 11:46 PM
Porsche-O-Phile
Banned

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Wow, gratifying story to say the least! I wouldn't feel the least bit sorry. Those assclowns deserve every bit they get. We need accountability for actions - did you enter their truck and tape the gas pedal to the floor? Didn't think so. They acted, they can deal with the consequences. Even if you HAD antagonized them, it's ultimately their choice as to whether to respond by making it "go time" or not. I get this crap all the time - usually from insecure middle-aged fat men in SUVs. I simply drop a little boost down their throat and a couple of "zip-zip" quick lane changes to get in front of 'em and that's it. Nothing ridiculous, but just enough to let 'em know that if they're thinking about "going" with me, they haven't got a snowball's chance in hell.

I love my car.
Old 04-29-2005, 11:57 PM
Russian Rocket
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Fezz, they just dont know these 'Barney Fife' type Carolina Cops
I did get pulled over in NC for doing 95 on the interstate. Gold PBA card and a Firemans badge took care of NC trooper pretty quick. never noticed any difference between NJ/NY cops either.
i volunteered as a police explorer and have been around cops since 16, in NJ you have to do some dum' isht to get a gun pulled at you for traffic violation only. I love how people assume all kinds of crap because he booked and got pulled over. There is a million things that could have happened and of course Porsche gotta be the reason a punk got what he deserved. Maybe NJ drivers spoil me, but people do some crazy ish around me no matter what i dtrive.
Old 04-30-2005, 12:19 AM
fezz
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm a NY boy - spent most of my adult life just outside NYC and went to college in Brooklyn. My old man is retired NYPD. I've been down south for almost 10 years now and love being a yankee in the south. I have a crew of friends (guys I shoot competition with) who are all cops - mostly here in Charlotte. These guys are the "PO-lice", and some of them still remember the old days. "You come barrel-assin' down some small town road in the south and you just might be in trouble BOY."

the incident today began with someone's ego and ended with doing the wrong thing, in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Old 04-30-2005, 12:35 AM
David Floyd
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Rosco...... P... Coaltrain got his man

I have a few "boy racers" around here that try and start something, I just laugh and slowly drive away.
Old 04-30-2005, 01:09 AM
Russian Rocket
Pro

My old man is retired NYPD. I've been down south for almost 10 years now and love being a yankee in the south. I have a crew of friends (guys I shoot competition with) who are all cops - mostly here in Charlotte. These guys are the "PO-lice", and some of them still remember the old days. "You come barrel-assin' down some small town road in the south and you just might be in trouble BOY."
i tottaly understand what you mean. Times change, for EMS, FD and PD. My co-workers used to ride on the back-step of the fire truck and go into a burning building without proper gear and back-up.Today if you do that OSHA will rip everybody a new one. Cops are also very careful with what they do and say because of new laws or old laws that are strictly inforced.
But i just can't agree with assumption you make about the 944 being the accelerant of the observed actions and unless cop has had a REALLY bad day i can't see him pulling a gun only for speeding and mildly-agressive driving. 30-40 years ago, maybe, today, no.
I always keep my **** out of OT topics as much as i can due to some reasons, i guess this one slipped away never meant to offend anyone if that's the case.
Old 04-30-2005, 01:35 AM
volv4life
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

you have a performance car.. often times when people are looking to play around, they pick on you.. its nothing personal they just know your cars are supposed to perform better than most, so they attempt to coherse you into playing with them.. its simple, i dont know why you guys get so bent out of shape when people try to race you, take it as a compliment.. they think your car is fast, whether it actually is or not doesn't really matter, you carry the name, you carry the legacy.. even if it is a vw
Old 04-30-2005, 03:21 AM
M Danger
Three Wheelin'

"makin their way the only way they know"
Old 04-30-2005, 03:35 AM
TRWright
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Russian Rocket
Do you seriously think that he did all that because of your 944?? People don't get pistols drown on them because they speed and pass cars, maybe he was drunk/drugged/driving in a stolen car....
worst assumption evar.
Ummmm, A few years ago (2-3), a friend was driving around 100mph in his truck on an empty interstate. Police stopped him, and the ladycop approached the truck with the gun drawn, and reached in and fumbled to pull the keys out of the ignition, and she tossed them into the road, opened the door, yanked him out and pinned him on the ground. If you are driving that fast, sometimes the cops aren't so nice about how they deal with you.

On the other hand, just before I gave up my BMW, I was doing around 95 in a 50, pissed off because I was in a different state, mapquest sent me on a wrong highway, and I was 2hours in the wrong direction, and the cop was super nice, I didn't even have my license with me, and he let me off with a "slow-down."

So, I guess it just depends on the PIG.
Old 04-30-2005, 03:38 AM
M Danger
Three Wheelin'

whats that joke about the 6ft A$$hole?
Old 04-30-2005, 10:50 AM
Micah
Three Wheelin'

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

How do you talk to a crooked cop?

Call the station.

Micah
Old 04-30-2005, 01:31 PM
Redlyne_mr2
Racer

Holly **** your police officers are either total yahoos or totally terrified of everyone on the road. For an officer to pull his pistol here in Canada he basically has to be shot at first.
Old 04-30-2005, 02:54 PM
M Danger
Three Wheelin'

Well come to america
NOW GET YOUR HANDS UP!

Quick Reply: These cars seem to bring out the worst in others.