Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

my 968 vs a Firebird Fire hawk

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2005, 08:21 PM
TRWright
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^I don't know why I am wasting the bandwith here, but I have to say this:

If you don't agree with what he is saying, then why don't you stop reading as soon as you are offended. I do not approve of street racing one bit. However, although this forum is privately owned, it IS public access, and the user that started this thread IS a paying member.

Street racing stories are getting old for me. So, if people stop posting stories of street racing, they will stop hearing from me.
Wow!! Who are you exactly? I do not see "moderator" under your name. Are you the authority on who can post what? Someone needs a reality check.
Old 04-30-2005, 08:31 PM
TRWright
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

ALSO:

Um, actually, there is such a rule:

Quote:
Originally Posted by From the registration agreement statement
*! NOTE !* You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use these to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law.

Last I checked, street racing is violative of several traffic laws.
Look at all of the threads that come across. I understand that has to be in the user agreement to protect the owner(s) for legal reasons. How about the threads about people who delete their cat for street use. That is a big-no-no. There a quite a few people here who drive their track car to the track; with harnesses that are not DOT approved. This stuff is illegal, yet people still start threads and post about it. Are these threads wrong too?
Old 04-30-2005, 08:46 PM
Riff
Rennlist Member

Wow!! Who are you exactly? I do not see "moderator" under your name. Are you the authority on who can post what? Someone needs a reality check.
You might want to check that. Z-man is not forbidding anyone from positing street racing stories. But if someone does post, and Z-man decides to call him/her on it, it is well within his right. As much as it bugs you to read someone saying "street racing is wrong" it bugs the author that much or more that he/she has to respond to the original post.
Old 04-30-2005, 09:52 PM
Z-man
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tedwright
ALSO:
Look at all of the threads that come across. I understand that has to be in the user agreement to protect the owner(s) for legal reasons. How about the threads about people who delete their cat for street use. That is a big-no-no. There a quite a few people here who drive their track car to the track; with harnesses that are not DOT approved. This stuff is illegal, yet people still start threads and post about it. Are these threads wrong too?
You assumptions are a bit off ted.As one of the track tech chairs in my PCA region, and one of those people who drive their cars regualrly on the track I can address this somewhat:

1. I have racing harnesses as well as the stock seatbelts. Cost me an arm and a leg to keep both due to the adapters that were necessary for the install. Most people that I deal with that have such a dual driver car (street and track) typically have the ability to use their stock seatbelts. Fines for altering DOT controlled safety equipment are high, and most track drivers would rather spend their $$ on track goodies.

2. Last Tuesday, we had our pre-event the for our region's yearly Mid-Ohio DE. Two drivers trailered their cars to the tech because they had missing cats and were no longer street legal.

It's not worth the risks of driving a non-street legal car on the street - most track junkies know that. Just like most track drivers know racing on the street is also not worth it.

Just a couple of examples.

Riff - thanks

-Z-man.
Old 05-01-2005, 04:02 AM
Danno
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Here's something I ran across about those Firebirds and that is they actually don't have a 315bhp motor, but it's actually closer to 340-350bhp just like the Corvette. But marketing being what it is, they don't want to upset the Corvette owners or cause a lost of sales. So they market the Firebird as "only" 315bhp... But when you put them both on a dyno, they both get similar rear-wheel HP numbers... hmmm....

Quick Reply: my 968 vs a Firebird Fire hawk