Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

944 fest road trip

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2005, 01:22 PM
Mighty Shilling
Wax On, Wax Off
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

yes. trailer it.
Old 04-25-2005, 01:42 PM
WesM951
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dan,
Loud exhaust might get you but i wouldn't worry about the plate. I to florida and back in my blazer with only a rear plate and never got stopped.
Old 04-25-2005, 04:38 PM
daniel951
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WesM951
dan,
Loud exhaust might get you but i wouldn't worry about the plate. I to florida and back in my blazer with only a rear plate and never got stopped.
ya the time i got pulled over for the front license plate was because he was checkign to see if the car was stolen. i attract alot of attention . he made me show him vin #'s etc. and didn't even say anything about my exhaust . Maybe i will get a trailer one way up there and drive it back or whatever we will see but for sure i am going though
Old 04-26-2005, 04:43 AM
daniel951
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i didn't see a schedule of what we are going to do on each day? does anyone have a schedule i could check out to say what was plan for each day up at 944fest
Old 04-26-2005, 03:48 PM
944Fest (aka Dan P)
Unaffiliated

Received 209 Likes on 135 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by daniel951
i didn't see a schedule of what we are going to do on each day? does anyone have a schedule i could check out to say what was plan for each day up at 944fest
I'll get to work on that.. I suppose it is time to do the official "Invite" sticky post.

Basically, Saturday starting noon, the game is on. I think we may have some sort of registration/waiver to sign, we'll see. Have lunch before you arrive, and the first car will spool up the dyno at high noon. Sat afternoon we will meet and greet, work on some tech issues, wash cars and get to know the gang. Saturday 5ish I'll put out a big stack of Pizzas and feed the crowd. Lots of folks use Saturday as a good day to give rides. Since the crowd will be voting on many prizes, judging will be going on every minute between noon Sat and 2pm Sunday. Sat eve the beer and other beverages will be flowing, ABSOLUTELY NO DRINKING AND DRIVING WILL BE TOLERATED! We'll hang around the campfire and tell stories and sing till the wee hours.

Sunday AM folks are free to do breakfast and freshen up in the AM. I may have doughnuts, coffee,etc. but I'm not planning on a full breakfast menu. Egg McMuffins are nearby. Those who made shower reservations with me can do that at the nearby hotels where I've got a couple of rooms. The action resumes at 10:30, where we will start lining up the crowd for a pack cruise. We should be on the road by 11. Make sure to have at least 1/2 tank of gas, weather permitting the cruise will be about two hours and we shouldn't have to do any gas stops. We'll stop at a couple of locations along the drive for restrooms, photo shoots, and restroom photo shoots. Back at the site by 1, there should be a catered lunch waiting for us. We'll do a few more wrenching and tech sessions, and then I will ask for all ballots to be submitted by 2pm. We'll total them up and give out prizes at 3pm Sunday.
Last year everyone car got a door prize, and this year I've got some real nice stuff. The ceremonies will close around 4, and I'll turn out the lights as I roll out 5pm Sunday.

Here area few thoughts I'm hoping to make happen.
1. Someone driving my truck/trailer following the pack cruise. Anyone who breaks gets a free ride back to ground zero.
2. Scout (non-944) with cellphone out ahead of the pack. Bear reports are real nice.
3. Easy to read map of the cruise route, including pre-flight briefing about how to keep the pack together. (Watch the guy in front AND behind-or-How about we put little black flags on our cars and pretend to be a funeral precession?)
4. Waterboy art show. Prints done in watercolors get 2x points. Event supporters and sponsors given framed factory artwork as tokens of appreciation.
5. Event T-shirts, mugs, decals. (I pay for this whole affair and I'm trying to make up some revenue, folks!)
6. With registration, maybe I'll give you a car number to affix to your windshield. That will be used for door prizes, car show identification, and police accident reports. Something small as to not take away from any photos or videos, yet readable at 90 mph.

You get the picture? What do ya think, folks? Sound good?
Old 04-26-2005, 03:56 PM
Scott at Team Harco
Just a car guy
Rennlist Member

Received 836 Likes on 525 Posts

Dan,

What about those wishing to arrive Friday night? Will we be permitted to setup camp or should we plan to leave home early Sat AM?
Old 04-26-2005, 05:07 PM
944Fest (aka Dan P)
Unaffiliated

Received 209 Likes on 135 Posts
Talking

[QUOTE=Scott at Team Harco]Dan,
What about those wishing to arrive Friday night? Will we be permitted to setup camp or should we plan to leave home early Sat AM? [/QUOTE

Well, I'll tell you what. Officially, I have rented the lodge from Sat at noon to Sunday at 5pm. That is the time of the event. I do not think camping will be available Friday eve at the site. I plan to be there Friday eve for setup, and I'll be staying in town at a nearby hotel friday night. Anyone who wants to arrive Friday, plan on being put to work setting up and helping out. I'm offering no food/beer or accomidations HOWEVER I know there will be a motel room or two available for crashing in, fist come first dibs. If someone had hotel reservations for Fri/Sat in the area, they would be welcome to come in early and be well rested Sat AM. The town is going to be crawling with vintage motorcycles that weekend, I'd bet parking a seat along the main drag Friday eve would be a great show.

Anyway, If anyone is within a say, 4 to 6 hour drive, head in Sat AM. Those further out need to decide the best way to make the run.

Quick Reply: 944 fest road trip