Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

anyone in cali needa parts car?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2005, 06:33 PM
Brett Jenkins
Drifting

Received 27 Likes on 16 Posts
Default anyone in cali needa parts car?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...&category=6434

I'll take the wheels as a finders fee. :-)
Old 04-20-2005, 06:36 PM
Porsche-O-Phile
Banned

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Definite possibility. Thanks.

Dumb question, but what the heck is meant by "lien sale"? Does that mean he doesn't have clear title or something?

I don't speak banker.
Old 04-20-2005, 06:39 PM
L8 APEKS
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Actually, I was hoping no one would find this. I plan to bid on this as a daily driver. Arrrgh.
Old 04-20-2005, 06:45 PM
Brett Jenkins
Drifting

Received 27 Likes on 16 Posts

and here's 3 for 1 in ohio:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...&category=6434
Old 04-20-2005, 06:56 PM
Porsche-O-Phile
Banned

I'm all over that like a bum on a ham sandwich.
Old 04-20-2005, 07:42 PM
spedracer18
Racer

lein sale-->means the car was used for collateral at one point (like in a car loan, etc.) and the issuer of the lein has a claim on the vehicle. The car is worthless if the the lein cannot be waved. I had a friend buy a used car with a lein on it. He paid the guy $3000 cash (mercedes sl500 convertible...very worth it) and the guy signed the title over to him. My friend went to transfer the title and the issuer of the lein confiscated the car and told him if he wanted it back he would have to pay the balance of the car loan ($16k). He talked to the laywer and nothing illegal happened during the whole thing, he just got screwed. be careful with leins....
Old 04-20-2005, 07:49 PM
Porsche-O-Phile
Banned

Good to know. I'll investigate. Still, for that price I'll roll the dice.

Trending Topics

Old 04-20-2005, 08:47 PM
Friendan
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow, that's quite the descriptive ebay ad...

It's weird, I bought my 83 car on a whim (silly move, but of course i dont regret it now!), and i felt something fishy about the guy...

So I had the car for like 9 months, then i went to buy my present car, and i did a lien check on it and decided to do one for my 83 for the hell of it, before i sold it...

Turns out there was a lien on my car for child support! And it was registered AFTER the car went in my name!

I called the lien office and told them that, and they looked into it, and thought it was weird too...the guy must have tricked the system somehow...anyways, they removed the lien immediately, thankfully, or else I wouldve been SCREWED!
Old 04-20-2005, 08:54 PM
L8 APEKS
Three Wheelin'

Eh...I guess I'm over it then. It's expensive enough feeding ONE 944. I suppose I can find a more economical daily driver!

Jeff, you wanna go in for parts? How serious are you on this one? If it stays low, it might be worth it?
Old 04-20-2005, 09:00 PM
Danno
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

"Dumb question, but what the heck is meant by "lien sale"? Does that mean he doesn't have clear title or something?"

Lien sale in this case is the lien-holder trying to recoup his losses. He's confiscated the car since he couldn't collect whatever monies was owed to him. Then he puts it up for sale with a minimum of whatever amounts was owed. So in the end, he gets his money. Kinda like how the bank repos your house after you've defaulted on a loan. They then auction it off with the starting bid at the remaining balance on the loan.
Old 04-20-2005, 10:00 PM
Legoland951
Race Car

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Its an AUTO yuk. I think I saw that on for sale 4 years ago with a broken timing belt for $500. Not sure if its the same one though. If its the same one, its got Enkei wheels (japanese) and worn out flex plate damper. Definitely some work.
Old 04-20-2005, 10:16 PM
Porsche-O-Phile
Banned

Sean, I'll seriously go in on it if the price stays low / reasonable. Until very recently I had a 924 I was planning on fixing up for a friend of mine but a couple of guys from this board from Boston offered to buy it to do a "driving cross-country on a beater car we just bought" video. It was pretty entertaining. Anyway, I'd probably just buy it for her. She's in desperate need of a car. This girl is a single mom, two kids and no car and no job. She's completely trapped in a ****ty situation by her "insignificant other" (kids' sperm-donor) because she's unable to work due to the fact that she has no transportaiton.

Currently she's trying to get herself re-established with reliable transportation so she can work (kids are school-age now) so she can get her own place and get the hell away from this guy. He's a complete a-hole - works (occasionally) making commercials, so he makes pretty decent money when he works, but blows it all on drinking, going out with his buddies and drugs. He gives hardly anything to the kids in terms of support or attention - he kind of figures he gives 'em a place to live, so what else is he obligated to do? Recently he left for a week and a half to go to Whistler with his buddies and left her and the kids with no food in the place and eighty bucks. That's right - eighty bucks to feed her and the kids for a week and a half while he was off snowboarding and having a grand old time. The guy's a complete assclown.

Anyway, she's a 944 lover (through me mostly, but she's always loved Porsches) and knows that I can do all the work on 'em and that there's a pretty good network of enthusiasts in SoCal in terms of helping each other out and swapping parts and stuff. . . In that sense, this car might make an awful lot of sense for her.

So to make a long story short, since I wasn't able to realize the dream of fixing up the 924 and giving it to her, I might do it with this one. It'd be another SoCal 944 person, probably a Rennlister (I'll MAKE her join!), etc. That's my intention anyway - we'll see what happens. If for some reason the car is beat to hell and good only for parts, I'll gladly part it out with you or something.

I'll keep ya' posted. . .

Quick Reply: anyone in cali needa parts car?