Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE WITH BROADFOOT RACING

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2013, 04:10 PM
EliteThink
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I want the flares but not worth the risk...
Old 10-25-2013, 01:30 PM
RIGAL
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello All,
I'm French, and I am having a bad experience with Broadfoot-racing.
I ordered and paid 5 weeks ago,a widebody GT2 kit for 944 PORSHE .
I did not receive the kit yet !!
They do not reply to my mail to give me explanations !!
They do not call me back !!
Is there somebody to me give an advise to solve rapidly my different with them?
Thanks in advance
RIGAL henri
Old 10-25-2013, 04:53 PM
Gawernator
Racer

Did you pay with a credit card or PayPal? You can dispute the charges and say you received no product and the seller will not communicate.
Old 10-26-2013, 02:35 AM
drift a 944
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Broadfoot outsources their fiberglass parts production from a professional builder. The quality of work is top notch, but the turn around time seems to be awfully slow. When I visited Broadfoot's shop a few months back, Albert expressed his concern with this company, but mentioned that finding a good replacement has been difficult.

We have a customer at our shop with a front bumper cover on order for a few weeks now. Kelli and Albert are doing their best to help speed up the process but there is not much they can do until the part is finished being made. They are extremely friendly and kind people with no intentions of scamming anyone.

Please be patient guys!!
Old 10-26-2013, 04:39 AM
RIGAL
5th Gear

Thanks guys for your reply.

I paid with PAYPAL and I will stay patient so far.
I can understand their concern with their supplier, but only if they communicate clearly.
I will keep this forum in touch staying honest and courteous.
Thanks again
Old 10-26-2013, 08:00 AM
veleno
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

FYI Rigal,

You only have 45 days to file a dispute. After that you're on your own.
Old 10-26-2013, 09:26 AM
markoS2
Advanced

I agree with Elliot. I've been to Alberts shop and he and Kelli are both great people. Very honest and friendly. I'm sure they will do their best to resolve any problems.
Old 10-26-2013, 12:45 PM
HICKS
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They may be good people, but it sounds like they have poor communication skills. Maybe they shouldn't be selling online if they can't communicate. Just saying.
Old 10-26-2013, 01:26 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 87 Likes on 50 Posts

email them direct at kbroadfootm3@gmail.com if you get not response file a paypal claim
Old 11-08-2013, 04:11 AM
RIGAL
5th Gear

Hi,

I finally received my package yesterday.
I am very satisfied by the quality of their fiber glass kit.
More of communication from them would have been appreciated to clarify the delay (10 weeks instead of 4 planned)
Now i can continue the improvement on my 944 to be ready for the track season 2014!!
Good races!
Regards
Old 11-08-2013, 09:55 AM
odurandina
Team Owner

Location: one thousand, five hundred miles north of Ft. Lauderdale for the summer.
Received 212 Likes on 153 Posts

10 weeks is about normal for any part that has to be made... then sent overseas.

the problem is the vendor should explain it better up front.

maybe even say to the customer, "I'll order the part, and when it comes in, we'll exchange the funds."

problem is, the customer will use the money to pay bills and then the vendor [whose not the Bank of America]

is warehousing an unsold part that won't be sold until he puts it up on ebay/rl junk car swap meet forums, etc.
Old 11-30-2013, 12:12 AM
Rokket
Rennlist Member

Default PROBLEMS WITH BROADFOOT RACING TOO!

I ordered a set of the fender flares from Broadfoot Racing on 10-17-2013...I Still do not have them as of 11-29-2013. Was promised them by 11-6-2013. THEY NEVER ANSWER THEIR PHONES!!! They did respond to one of my email about 3-weeks ago & told me I would have them in 3-days. This is the 45th day & I filed a complaint with PayPal to preserve my claim. I live less that 2-hours away from them so it is not like it takes a long time for freight....They are really starting to **** me off, as I have my car apart for painting and Broadfoot is incredibly unreliable.
Old 12-06-2013, 12:07 PM
StoneGrey951
5th Gear

test
Old 12-06-2013, 12:42 PM
Winter44
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rokket, Drive down there and pay them a visit. You could speak for all of us.
Old 12-06-2013, 12:43 PM
StoneGrey951
5th Gear

Hello everyone. I'm a new Rennlist poster although I've been reading your forums for years. I have a fully restored '87 951; stone grey, black leather sport seats, 968 mirrors/handles and tastefully done sound system. Owned it since 93. Also installed the gorgeous Lindsey Racing hood scoop and turbo twist wheels to round out a 'stock on steroid' appearance. The motor is a work of art by Albert Broadfoot (AutoSport Florida). Albert's specialty is custom powder coating and silver carbide impregnation on all the internals. One of my favorite touches he accomplished was placing a stainless wire mesh behind the opening of the hood scoop - nice touch. After overhaul, my car began to experience an oil leak on my exhaust (smoke smell after startup), and also developed the notorious bad turbo white smoke (I had paid to have turbo overhauled too). Albert is always gracious and agreed to repair so I dropped the car off to their shop in January 2013 with a warranty completion agreement of March ball park time frame. By the way, my engine is stock based to ensure daily drive reliability. Race motors don't get warranty if I'm not mistaken. March came and went and so did the rest of the year. I got some communication initially but unfortunately, I have not been able to get a return call, text or email from them since 18 Jun 2013, and no communication from Albert at all. Matter of fact, I haven't seen or heard from him since original overhaul over 2 yrs ago. Today is 6 Dec 2013. As you can imagine, I am concerned. I spell: I don't know status of my car. Think right now what you'd be feeling/thinking if your Porsche had been in a shop for almost a year without you knowing its status and the business not returning your calls for six months. Does anyone on Rennlist have info as to their status? Are they still in business? Is Albert even still turning wrenches? Has anyone seen them recently? Their shop was packed with dozens of cool Porsches when I got sight-on during drop off at thier airport hangar, so I assume they have other priorities obviously, but at this point, I'm having to go down road of requesting legal assistance for a company that's out of business. Albert/Kelli, if you're out there, I love you guys, but I need to know status of the car and of Autosport Florida.

Quick Reply: HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE WITH BROADFOOT RACING