Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   924/931/944/951/968 Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/924-931-944-951-968-forum-70/)
-   -   HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE WITH BROADFOOT RACING (https://rennlist.com/forums/924-931-944-951-968-forum/198878-horrible-experience-with-broadfoot-racing.html)

robinhood 04-20-2005 01:53 PM

HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE WITH BROADFOOT RACING

Over 5, maybe 6 months of waiting for them to fill an order for their blue racing pullies that they advertise on EBAY. I was completely polite the entire time. The first 3 months they blamed it on moving the business. The next three months have been just like the first; they will not return a phone call, no matter what you say. The one time they did answer my call, they said they were back ordered and that they finally would be fabricated in a week. But this response came only after I left about 50 messages, three times in a row. Each time I filled up all the memory on the machine. Yes, even with all those messages, I stayed polite and did not make personal comments. These guys do not care about how they treat their customers. If they have this attitude toward a smaller purchase, as we all know, it will find itself into purchases of any size. I STRONGLY RECOMMEND AGAINST DOING BUSINESS WITH BROADFOOT RACING ! ! ! :soapbox: :mad: :( :grr: Many emotions.

joseph mitro 04-20-2005 01:59 PM

i second that poor experience. i normally don't like to down businesses publicly, but they have earned their poor reputation.

i will never purchase anything from them again.

Eric in Chicago 04-20-2005 03:28 PM

Joe,
Did you ever get your cooling ducts? Going on month 2, three conversations with Kelli at BF, 10 e mails, 5 phone messg. and the last update is the cooling backing plates will be here on Friday with a 20.00 refund/ discount for the delay. Not holding my breath for either... The kick is, they are still selling on ebay and getting positive feedback from buyers?????

Jeremy Himsel 04-20-2005 03:54 PM

Unfortunatly there's not much you can do either......... unless you want to play thier own game back at them. Here's what I've done when a frequent e-bay seller does this to me (other 944/951 vendors).

Sign up for as many e-bay accounts as you can through a hot mail or yahoo address. If they are still selling that same item, make sure you win the auction and let them know when they try to collect payment that you have no intensions to pay, but will be bidding on all of thier other auctions under various accounts until you recieve your products. Be sure to mention that you will also be leaving bad feedback on each one of them. I held up Winward's e-baying for over a month by winning about a dozen auctions. The funny part was they never knew who I was and I just told them I was an unsatisfied customer who was waiting for something way too long. After all the bad feedback I left they eventually shipped my (and probably all the other customer's) product.

I know it's not really ethical but an eye for an eye!

Sam Lin 04-20-2005 04:14 PM

I've bought from Broadfoot and will do so again, I've had nothing but good experiences. E-mails returned same-day, products arrived within a week of me sending payment. Sorry to hear of your bad experiences.

Sam

joseph mitro 04-20-2005 06:04 PM

eric - i've received the same message......."you should receive them by the end of the week." still nothing yet.

sam - you must have a personal relationship with them. do a search on rennlist and you'll see how many unsatisfied customers complain about broadfoot. i ordered a lightweight flywheel from them last fall. when, after numerous emails and 6 weeks of waiting, i finally demanded a refund.

david fracolli 04-21-2005 02:11 AM

I bought the same pullies off of them about 2 years ago. Parts Arrived in less than 1 week. Maybe I was just lucky?

Sam Lin 04-21-2005 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by joseph mitro
sam - you must have a personal relationship with them. do a search on rennlist and you'll see how many unsatisfied customers complain about broadfoot. i ordered a lightweight flywheel from them last fall. when, after numerous emails and 6 weeks of waiting, i finally demanded a refund.

I appreciate the accusation, but I'm not affiliated with them in any way. Like David, I'm "just lucky."

As for Rennlist customer experiences, they're totally inaccurate and out of proportion in most cases.

Sam

NZ951 04-21-2005 05:53 PM

I have bought an AC delete and under drive pulleys off them on two different occasions, Kelli is awesome to deal with, I get email responses in minutes of sending them usually, and always the same day. They are one of the few I would recommend every time in my experience. I got the parts within a week both times, and they were shipped across half the world.

MichelleJD 04-21-2005 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by Jeremy Himsel
Unfortunatly there's not much you can do either......... unless you want to play thier own game back at them. Here's what I've done when a frequent e-bay seller does this to me (other 944/951 vendors).

Sign up for as many e-bay accounts as you can through a hot mail or yahoo address. If they are still selling that same item, make sure you win the auction and let them know when they try to collect payment that you have no intensions to pay, but will be bidding on all of thier other auctions under various accounts until you recieve your products. Be sure to mention that you will also be leaving bad feedback on each one of them. I held up Winward's e-baying for over a month by winning about a dozen auctions. The funny part was they never knew who I was and I just told them I was an unsatisfied customer who was waiting for something way too long. After all the bad feedback I left they eventually shipped my (and probably all the other customer's) product.

I know it's not really ethical but an eye for an eye!

:roflmao:

Alpine951 04-21-2005 06:14 PM

I had the same problem and posted about them last month. I bought the cooling ducts on ebay. Paid and never received. I complained to Paypal. Keli there finanlly contacted me through email and said she had been sick for some time now. She told me she would refund me, which she did, and that the ducts were expected next week if I wanted them at a reduced price. I said sure. Havn't seen or heard from her. I told her about the unhappy customers here and directed her to read the posts. SHe was shocked and wanted me to post a reply for her. I sent it to the Moderators first for the OK and they never got back to me. I at least got my money back.

joseph mitro 04-21-2005 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by Sam Lin
I appreciate the accusation, but I'm not affiliated with them in any way. Like David, I'm "just lucky."

As for Rennlist customer experiences, they're totally inaccurate and out of proportion in most cases.

Sam

that's not an accusation.

and i don't think you can quote other people's experiences as "totally inaccurate." how do you know?

case in point -
1. i won a ltw flywheel off ebay in late 2004 - paid immediately. after 4 weeks and numerous emails, kelli finally responded that mine had been sent to another customer. 2 weeks later when my engine was ready to install and it still wasn't here, i demanded a refund. broadfoot complied.

2. i won another ebay auction (i'm not sure why i thought it would be any better this time) 3/12 for brake ducts. paid immediately. after numerous emails, i finally received an email today of the tracking number. i asked for a $30 refund for my inconvenience.

there simply is no excuse for poor customer service. 1 isolated complaint may be questionable. multiple complaints from multiple individuals raises the question of quality of service.

bem944 04-21-2005 08:12 PM

I bought my car from the Broadfoot's with no issues at all. I brought the car in for a cold start issue 6 months later; Albert could not find the problem (as the car started every time at his shop). Additionally, he road tested and checked out the car completely as I was racing that weekend. Did all of this on short notice while they were very busy...never charged me a dime. I have heard other complaints from folks here locally, but personally Kelli and Albert have always been fantastic to me and have been very ethical.

NZ951 04-21-2005 08:53 PM

The fact is most every vendor with many customers will have multiple complaints from multiple people if you search hard enough.

Legoland951 04-21-2005 09:34 PM

What is the statistic something like where 1 dissatisfied customer will tell 10 people and 1 satisfied customer will tell 3?