Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Selling the 944

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2005, 11:29 AM
snyper238
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Selling the 944

Hey guys i think I am going to try and sell my car. I was wanting to know how much everyone here thinks I can sell it for.

It was stripped all the way down to the metal and repaired almost perfectly to a another black so i did not do a color change on it. The body has just about nothing wrong with it. And it runs pretty good but needs some plugs i believe. Also new tires with about 3000 miles on it.

The odo doesnt work but i am estimating it has about 100,000miles on it. Now before i got it it was crashed but now is perfect and looks awesome. I just want something faster.

The carfax is terrible on it. Because of that crash. And then it was totaled again because they thought the motor was blown which was when i got it. And got lucky all that was wrong with it was the fuel pump.

So guy how much does everyone think i could sell it for and is anyone interested. Dont worry guys i am not leaving Rennlist i want a 951. I have been looking for a while and i saw jcb928's 951 on ebay and looks pretty nice. So guys give me any advice you have for who to sell it to so i can get the most out of it.

YYayyy for 951s

Thanks Guys

I will post pics if anyone wants any.
Old 04-20-2005, 11:37 AM
Fishey
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Do you have pictures? They will help out in deciding what is an apropriate selling point.
Old 04-20-2005, 11:41 AM
Tony K
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Specifically, pictures of the repaired areas. . . .
Old 04-20-2005, 11:49 AM
tifosiman
Race Director

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

What year is the car? Pics? Options? Rims? When was the clutch changed, or original? When were the belts done? How many miles ago? Where is the car located (helps determine pricing due to regional valuation issues)

With the limted info we have here:

unverifiable mileage
totalled twice
color change with the galvanizing removed
Not running so good (if it is just plugs replace them before a prospective buyer drives it, come on)

I'd say not much, honestly. More info would help, though!
Old 04-20-2005, 12:12 PM
snyper238
Instructor

O sorry i forgot.

1986 944
In Champaign, Illinois(central) Belts were changed about 10000 miles ago
Now for options it has electric sunroof and I just repaired all the gears and what not so it works perfectly. New seals around the sunroof. The clutch i dont knwo about but works excellent. I had a problem with it but just repaired the slave cylinder and now it works great.

I will get more pics soon hopefully.
Attached Images   
Old 04-20-2005, 12:29 PM
aeronautica86
Three Wheelin'

for a car that has been totalled twice...I'm gonna say 3K, the car looks nice and you may have done a great job repairing it, but that history still looks bad to potential buyers.

maybe someone will buy it as a autocross/track car
Old 04-20-2005, 12:39 PM
Tony K
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bumper/fender gap looks bigger on right than left. Lower valance looks skewed, and one old/one new fog light draws attention to it. Spacing of LF wheel in wheelwell looks fishey, but not fair of me to judge from a photograph.

Usually, for a track car, people will want one that is straight, at least below the skin. $3000 should be no problem of a sell to someone who wants a shiny "porsh", provided the interior looks good, too. There are plenty of people who don't use carfax - one of them will buy it.

Open the hood and take pictures inside below the fronts of the fenders and below the front nose panel, and behind the lower valance. . . that's where the tale is told.... A lot of times these cars are totalled for minor damage because their values are depressed. When you have a salvage title or yucky carfax history and you can show a buyer that underneath everything is straight, you have a better chance; on the other hand, if things are bent underneath, you better hope for someone who just wants a bling ride.

Good luck selling,

Tony

Trending Topics

Old 04-20-2005, 05:38 PM
snyper238
Instructor

Yea that that is what i was thinking was about 3000 and maybe if someone doesnt do their homework a little more. I was thinking that a highschool kid just gettin his license with his parents money would pay quite a bit because all he would see is porsche and nothing else. So thanks again guys hopefully i get a 951. Any more comments on it would be greatly appreciated.

Quick Reply: Selling the 944