Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wanna talk anal, OCD, top this

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2005, 01:21 PM
iloveporsches
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When putting everything back together after my clutch job, I checked every nut and bolt at least 10 times.
Old 04-12-2005, 06:42 AM
beeg
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You lot are sick! I am sure that a virus has transferred over the net and pounced on me through the monitor!
I spent 4 hours today washing and polising Bruce! I haven't spent 4 hours polishing (or washing) a car in the last 6 years! I've only owned this thing for less than 2 weeks!
Ye gods!
I'm hooked!
Oh well. There are worse ways to go I suppose.
Old 04-12-2005, 08:22 AM
PennyWise
Racer

Beeg : I spent 4 hours today washing and polising Bruce!

That sounds about right..... Welcome to the Machine! Where have you been?..... We know where you've been!
Old 04-13-2005, 11:57 AM
beeg
Addict
Rennlist Member

I hate you people!!!!
It is 10 before 1AM here. I am wandering around and surfing on the net. I walk outside, smoke in hand, and spend 5 mins in the carport staring at the car in the dark! I run my hands over the paintwork to see if I can feel any inperfections.
It feels ssoooooo good! LOL
What have you done to me, considering I signed up for membership before I got the car?
I hate you people!!!!
Old 04-13-2005, 12:08 PM
Mongo
Official Bay Area Patriot
Fuse 24 Assassin
Rennlist Member

Received 117 Likes on 62 Posts

it takes me 6 hours to wax the 928 and 944 because if I find one swirl I go ape and start throwing my sh*t at things.
Old 04-13-2005, 12:24 PM
Z-man
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tom: Glad to hear you got the FE mount in! Yes, you are a nutjob!

I've done things 2x, even 3x, but not because of the color of the nuts, but because it took the third time to get it done right! ! !

Side note: This is why Rennlist rocks:
Recently, I put in racing buckets in my 944S2. The Stable Energies FE mount that I had mounted on my stock seats wouldn't work the my new seats, so they were for sale. At a recent GTG (Rutt's Hutt hot dog joint in Clifton, NJ), I overheard Tom talking about needing an FE mount. After a few PM's back and forth, the deal was made.

I offered it to him for $25.00 (It sells for $49.95 new). I said I'd take care of the shipping costs (FedEx ground rocks!). He told me that price would be perfect, since it would fly under Mrs. Tom R's radar!

I sent the package - cost me ~$5.00 to ship. Tom's a nice guy, and I figured I'd cover the shipping.

Well, his check arrived a few days later for $30.00, with a note stating that he'd like to cover shipping charges! Thanks Tom! You. Are. The. Man!

Now go back and swap out the bolts on the driver's side seat rails too!!! You don't want non-matching bolts driver the passenger side, do you!?!?

This wonderful story was brought to you by Rennlist.
-Z-man.
Old 04-13-2005, 02:00 PM
944CS
Drifting

after searching for over a year for a 944, finally got mine, was transporting it from its old home to its new one on a flat bed (unsure of timing belt age, dirty oil) and the first thing i did was look in the rear window of the truck and bitch about how my O on the Porsche decal on the back of the car isn't as straight as all the others...then spent over 24 hours on my paint when it first got to its new home....repainted the wheel wells because you could see the faded paint due to low profile tires....resprayed the front turn signal housings black because they looked faded (i recommend this to everyone, it really makes a nice difference)....took the seats out just to clean under them!!ultimate **** thing i do: never let my girlfriend close the door because she slammed it once
Old 04-13-2005, 02:15 PM
pikey7
Drifting

I just spent 3 days polishing the car. (admittedly, I did flatten the bonnet as the oxidation had got so bad). Then it rained, so I moved the TR8 (convertible) out of the garage, and put the 951 in so it didn't get too wet. Duuuuh.....

I also just spent 3 hours on the net trying to find the right colour hose caps to block off my ISV ports. You can't believe how hard it is to find them in the right blue......

Quick Reply: Wanna talk anal, OCD, top this