Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which dead presidents house? + one question

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2005, 12:18 AM
Geo
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tom R.
Manning,
Just noticed the addition to your sig.

With all the weight saving things you did to your car you go and ruin it with a ring to carry around! Gotta add the weight of the ring to your sig with a big ol minus sign.

BTW congrats, and welcome to the three ring circus.

engagement, wedding, suffer..

so instead of
Mean Old Manning
is is now
Married Old Manning
Don't forget that he now owns half a 924S.

Congrats dude.
Old 04-10-2005, 12:22 AM
Manning
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks guys. I don't actually have to add the weight of the rings when I account for the now empty wallet. Who knew platinum was so expensive
Old 04-10-2005, 12:26 AM
iloveporsches
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Manning
Thanks guys. I don't actually have to add the weight of the rings when I account for the now empty wallet. Who knew platinum was so expensive
Old 04-10-2005, 02:05 AM
cjeckert
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

My guese is the Theodore Roosevelt house?

wow Ap US History actually came in handy for somthing...
Old 04-10-2005, 03:14 AM
Techno Duck
Nordschleife Master

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Haha Tom, great pun . No DE for me until i get a real job again. I am back working my old highschool job one day a week (the only place that would take me), so basically my weekly income is about double the cost of an autocross entry fee. Not to mention filling up on fuel now takes up about half my paycheck makes me unable to afford it. I missed the last autocross at Tobay. I had planned to go, emptied out my car and had everything prepped the night before. I checked the weather and it said "Heavy rain". I goto sleep thinking its probably cancelled. Wake up at 10:30am or so to see a nice dry morning! I took a ride out anyway to check it out (ive never seen an autocross before). Looked like alot of fun, i saw you make a few runs before i left .

cjeckert, thats right, Teddy Roosevelt's home at Sagamoore hill. My favorite US President as well.

I have a feeling its a grounding problem with the gauge. After monitoring the gauge a little more tonight, it stays constant around the 130-140 degrees F range. Ambient temperature out was about 45 degrees. What would be the average i should get? 180-190 degrees F?
Old 04-10-2005, 03:16 PM
89AZ944
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jon-

That is a BEAUTIFUL 924! Keep up the good work, I know it's hard with the job situation, but your time will come.......
Old 04-10-2005, 05:14 PM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 106 Likes on 79 Posts

yep thats me.

should have come over to me, i dont bite.... anymore.

if you have some not so great tires sign up for the school at the end of the month. you get a lot of seat time.
Old 04-10-2005, 07:31 PM
Techno Duck
Nordschleife Master

Tom, already signed up for the auto-x school and plan to attend the auto-x the day after. I am thinking of going to the NNJ PCA autocross on the 24th, but not sure yet. Maybe i can get a ride with you on a run...show me what our cars really are capable of .
Old 04-10-2005, 09:48 PM
Eyal 951
Nordschleife Master

Jon, aren't the door sills awsome? I love mine, same ones you bought. The pedals you have, how are they with heal toe? I don't have much of an issue with my car and heal toe in regular shoes, but I just bought a pair of racing shoes, which are much thinner, and heal toe is pretty much impossible with stock pedals. I need the brake and gas pedal a lot closer. I was hoping to find pedals that arent at rediculous Porsche prices. You can get great pedals for any other car at like 50-70 bucks... nice ones for our cars are like 200!
How much did you pay for those pedals and where?
~Eyal
Old 04-10-2005, 10:01 PM
jeeper31
Race Car

Originally Posted by Techno Duck
Tom, already signed up for the auto-x school and plan to attend the auto-x the day after. I am thinking of going to the NNJ PCA autocross on the 24th, but not sure yet. Maybe i can get a ride with you on a run...show me what our cars really are capable of .
How does one enroll in auto-x school? Where is it held?
Old 04-10-2005, 10:45 PM
Techno Duck
Nordschleife Master

Jeeper, must be PCA member and fill out this form. http://www.metronypca.org/autocross/...ised043005.pdf

Only 30 cars are allowed and you must have the form in by the 20th, so act quickly. Its being held at the Robert Plan, exit 9 on the Seaford

Eyal, the pedals are from Rennline.Com . They were a little expensive (if i remember right around $125). I bought the street version over the 'race' version as i had heard people were accidentally hitting the extended bottom portion of thethrottle under heavy braking. I had no problem previously heel toeing with regular shoes (actually they are sorta like wrestling shoes...a bit narrow, great for driving. Onitsuka Tigers by Asics to be specific). I bought the pedals mainly because my old shoes would slip on the clutch pedal when it was raining out. Heel toeing is a bit easier considering i moved the brake pedal slightly closer to the gas, and the gas pedal being a bit wider now. I think it depends greatly on the method you used to heel toe. I was originally learning by watching videos of Keiichi Tsuchiya's (AKA the Drift King) footwork. He typically uses his heel to blip the throttle. I found this hard to do becaues of how our pedals pivot from the floor. I then saw a video of Tiff Needle driving a GT3 (against a helicopter) and how he used the left portion of the toes to hold the gas and the right side of the toes to blip the gas. I found this much easier and it is my prefered method.

So basically If you wanted to, you could offset the brakes pedal cover so that its closer to the pedal. You can see on mine how i have it a bit offset and angled slightly.
Old 04-11-2005, 06:59 PM
Phil Harrison
Addict
Rennlist Member

That's about 4 miles from my house so I won't answer either...

Dan, so you sold my first Porsche, where did she go to?
Old 04-11-2005, 07:47 PM
Techno Duck
Nordschleife Master

Phil, have you had your car parked at the Syosset train station ( i live in Syosset, pick my sister up occasionally when im home)? I have seen a nice 944 turbo pulling out of there before. My friend also told me of a red 944 Turbo in Huntington (in town) by the BMW bike dealer...maybe you?

I have also seen a nice blue 968 (similar to the Gulf Blue) at that station and a white 968 cab by the boat loading area in Huntington.

Also, have you ever been on Snake Hill road? One hell of a nice hairpin turn...something you would see right out of WRC.

Edit - Now that i read your sig...i think i have seen your 968 cab before parked on the street .
Old 04-11-2005, 08:41 PM
Phil Harrison
Addict
Rennlist Member

>> i think i have seen your 968 cab before parked on the street .

Yup, that's me. We live on Main St in CSH & I often leave the 968 on the street at the weekend.

Snake Hill is right behind us, woa, what a bend!
Old 04-11-2005, 09:25 PM
jeeper31
Race Car

Originally Posted by Phil Harrison
That's about 4 miles from my house so I won't answer either...

Dan, so you sold my first Porsche, where did she go to?
Phil,
I sold i to a guy from New Hampshire. Unfortunatley I was rear ended. Brought the car to a few body shops for estimates and was told about $3500.00+ worth of damage. Picked up a bumper thanks to a rennlist member for $75.00. Car looked ok but when brought it back to body shop (friend of thte family's) to get dent taken out of flare above rear wheel the guy pointed out the frame was bent. Showed me also slight buckle in roof too. Due to accident got about $3500 for fix so sold it and upgraded. Was very sad to see it go though. Widh I could have kept the rims at least.

Selling any of your others yet? Itching for a turbo now!

Where is Snake Hill Road? Worth the trip there?

Quick Reply: Which dead presidents house? + one question