Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What's going on with Rennlist?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2005, 12:52 PM
mideastmafia
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OOO Kevin,

Dont turn me on.

And as for Tifo and Tom, I am not even going to argue with you..

Old 04-08-2005, 12:53 PM
triscadek
Addict
Rennlist Member

Some can't miss a chance to kick off a good pissing contest.
Old 04-08-2005, 12:58 PM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 106 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by mideastmafia
OOO Kevin,

Dont turn me on.

And as for Tifo and Tom, I am not even going to argue with you..

I like it, I like it. Maybe John can set that up. How bout this, If a member can successfully **** off a couple of ***** (err I mean .. ah fuget it) they get martyr under their name.

I am vertically challenged, so you may be the bigger person after all!

This is a technical forum, pehchance when the moderator checks today he will move this off topic post to the off topic area.

Riddle me this batboy:

The off topic area the rennlist urinal. Why is that so batboy?

Ready,
Are you sure you are ready?
OK, here goes.

Because that's where the pissin should be done and only members can go pissin over there. Remember this is the technical forum.

In my next life I should come back as a duck because I cant stop making myself qwak up.
Old 04-08-2005, 01:06 PM
Chris_924s
Nerd Herder
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by triscadek
Some can't miss a chance to kick off a good pissing contest.
You want me to call you on the phone? Huh? Punk??
Shouldnt you be working??

You MUST be bored Paul.. youre not on the ZR forums..
Old 04-08-2005, 06:42 PM
ibkevin
Defending the Border
Rennlist Member

Rest In Peace

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Angry

Shaun,
This is EXACTLY what I'm talking about. I get home from work, I check out the Turbo forum to see how some projects are coming along and in the first thread I open, this is what I found.

pennywise- 98 posts\ rgstrd Jul04
russianrocket- 309 \ Sep03
nineeagles- 507 \ Jul03
brettjenkens- 300 \ Apr02

Stefd falls squarely into the newbie catagory with his first post, which is fine. We were all there once.
The other four people blew the lid off they're newbie catagory over ONE THOUSAND posts ago! WTF! They are complete slackers! How much bandwidth/admin/infrastructure do you think they have sucked out of Rennlist?
If JohnD is taking steps to bring these users in line, more power to him.
Ya know how you get a song stuck in your head in the morning and you can't shake it all day, well, mine is "registered user". Great....
Old 05-05-2005, 04:05 AM
triscadek
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Chris_924s
You want me to call you on the phone? Huh? Punk??
Shouldnt you be working??

You MUST be bored Paul.. youre not on the ZR forums..
I got sumptin for you buddy.

I am and was....
Old 05-05-2005, 03:45 PM
Gear Dog
Instructor

I agree this forum needs to focus on Tech help. I've been a member for a little over 2 years and got my renewal notice about 2 months after it ran out. Since I never pay attention to my status I didn't even think about it. I haven't been here in a few weeks and when I did post a question the second response was about membership. Now the very same day I paid up my dues for another 2 years. Posted another question and guess how I was greeted (pay your dues).
What bothered me most is that I had a tech question and got an e-mail that someone responeded .I'm thinking great something else to try only to find someone is more worried about how many post I have without the red letters under my name. I even sent a note to Jan when I got the paypal confirm so that she could update me with out being bashed.

I agree if you have an issue with someone's membership send a PM the whole forum doesn't need to hear your gripe.
Old 05-05-2005, 03:57 PM
tifosiman
Race Director

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Sigh.

The problem here was that someone was trying to sell something on the list that was not a member. I don't care if someone isn't a member, they just need to abide by the rules (just like members). Once the original poster cleared that up (he had tried to pay for a membership but had problems), this matter should have been done. But SHAUN decided to morph it into something that it was not, hence this thread. It's not about members verses non-members. It's about following the rules.
Old 05-05-2005, 04:40 PM
Gear Dog
Instructor

then explain this

https://rennlist.com/forums/924-931-944-951-968-forum/195926-fuel-lines-what-s-the-trick.html
https://rennlist.com/forums/924-931-944-951-968-forum/201367-spacer-question.html
Old 05-05-2005, 04:46 PM
88BlueTSiQuest
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by streckfu's951
After 3 years and 1200 posts, I think it's time to put your money where your keyboard is. Or Rennlist just isn't worth $18 dollars to you.
And there it is, the famous "I'm a member, so you suck and could die for all I care!" comment....

Definately forces me to keep my well earned money in my own damn pocket, as that's not a mentality I prefer to 'buy' into.
Old 05-05-2005, 04:56 PM
tifosiman
Race Director

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

I can't speak about that, all I can speak about is this resurrected thread in particular (and the one that it was spawned from). Your issues are separate from the root cause of this thread and ensuing discussion. Again, SHAUN made this into something that it was not.

In looking at your links, however, while the first one may have had an obvious "pay up" in it, the second link was someone merely explaining why your sig stopped showing up. I hope you didn't let that ruffle your feathers.
Old 05-05-2005, 05:02 PM
Matt O.
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 79 Likes on 35 Posts

Same old **** different day.

944Ken, what I saw in those threads were morons probably trying to be funny but not succeeding very well, and a few other people telling them to stop being morons.

Rennlist isn't one ignorant post about paying for a membership. It's the other thousands of thousands of post that go relatively un-noticed except for the people that the information helps.

Those who truly understand why it's important to support Rennlist financially through the *paid member* status would not do these things (ie., the post by 88BlueTSI... above).

Ignore stupid people, listen to the smart people and support Rennlist if you think it's worth it. Some choose not to. Whatever. However, it's a good thing some do, for their sake.

Whatever blows your skirt up, as they say.
Old 05-05-2005, 05:19 PM
UDPride
Thinking outside da' bun...
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 470 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by mideastmafia
Now it seems that there is a whole separation between "member and non-member" and then "knowledgeable vs. ignorant."
Im the most ignorant one on here and I get along great with all the knowledgeable blokes.

The only thing that tends to chap my *** on here are the folks who contend they dont have any money to join Rennlist.

They have the money to drive a Porsche and they have the free time to hang out here, but they dont have $17. Just doesnt fly with me.

I liken it to a Bentley owner who contends he cant afford to take his Continental to the dealer because "they charge too much."

Or better yet, I liken it to the millions of people who watch NOVA and Antiques Roadshow five nights a week and then never donate a dime to PBS.

To the people who post on here once a month and instead drive a Ford Tempo, I hold no ill regard. To the whoredogs who pimp their 84 944 for sale on the heels of 2900 posts and no membership, Im angry.

These are the same blokes who say "as per normal, a few cracks in the dash.." in their sales pitch. Uh no. Normalizing your cars weaknesses do not mean they are normal. Improper care and neglect leads to abornomal results. Semantics, but it get to me too.

Other than that, I owe my life to the Renny. Nobody gets more of their $17 worth than me.

Yeah, get in and drive. Im up for that.
Old 05-05-2005, 05:24 PM
Gear Dog
Instructor

The way I see it is 2 years membership is still cheaper than an hour labor. The help and direction that I have gotten here has been well worth it. The next time I sell something here I might just pay for someones membership just to shut the post police up.
Old 05-05-2005, 06:53 PM
ibkevin
Defending the Border
Rennlist Member

Rest In Peace

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ken,

Thanks for making me exhibit A in post #24, I do apologize. I thought I might have been a little quick at the trigger, even by my standards, but then to hear your membership lapsed rubbed it in that much more.
Ever since my write up in post #20 I always check the post count/mambership status, I never used to, but then I run over crap like this-

"Definately forces me to keep my well earned money in my own damn pocket, as that's not a mentality I prefer to 'buy' into." 88Blue, who do you think you'r fooling? If this is truly the case I expect to see your post count remain at 407 for the rest of your days! But I'm guessing you will to continue to buy into this mentality for free.

Another fav is the "user", or squatter, that has stuck his businesses name and number in his avatar and advertises parts at members and sponsors expense! WTF! Isn't this covered under the charter?

Quick Reply: What's going on with Rennlist?