Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Upgrade for the 944 fuel pump?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2005, 04:51 PM
cbseven
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Upgrade for the 944 fuel pump?

My fuel pump died yesterday and I was wanting to get something better than stock and was wondering what you guys would recommend. I don't mind having to fit some new lines or do some minor remounting..

Thanks!
Old 03-14-2005, 04:57 PM
AznDrgn
Three Wheelin'

That sucks man. The only other companie that I know of that makes a decent replacement is pierburg and they use nylon rollers instead of metal ones like bosch used. The nylon rollers are supposed to be quiter and last longer. Unless you are planning some massive HP boost the stock pump or an equivalent is the most you'll need. On that note I think my neighbor has a good one out of an '88 NA or else I have the one out of the S2, let me know if you get into a bind and need one ASAP. I'll be heading down to Harrisonburg again tomorrow night or wednesday morning so your best bet is to just give me a call on my cell.
Old 03-14-2005, 05:35 PM
Jakerx
Hitsquad Ninja
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

bosch high volume fuel pump works great.
Old 03-14-2005, 09:12 PM
cbseven
Instructor

Well shoot, I thought that my fuel pump was done, but I guess it's still going to be okay. I had to resolder the DME relay and it's working again now. I just hope that this isn't just a temporary thing. One thing, shouldn't the fuel pump prime in just the start position? This is why I'm not too sure on my pump being okay yet, is that the car runs now, but I couldn't hear the pump priming. The resistances were off when I tested the DME. I rechecked after soldering and they were perfect.
Old 03-14-2005, 11:46 PM
AznDrgn
Three Wheelin'

in my experience the fuel pump is incased in rubber so you can't really hear it doing anything while you are sitting in the car. If you want to hear it you need to get down next to it and have someone turn the key on and off which should make the fuel pump prime for a second or two when the key goes to the on position. I don't think the pump actually runs until there is a tach signal indicating that the motor has fired.

Quick Reply: Upgrade for the 944 fuel pump?