Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FS my porsche 944.... sigh..........

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2005, 08:56 PM
X 944 X
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FS my porsche 944.... sigh..........

Ok I dont want to do this but it kind of has to be done..... my long story short - I am 24, buying 1st home with 1 motorcycle payment, and 3 cars ( scion tC, making payments, the porsche 944, and a 89 dodge aires) which the scion is the only one I have a payment on to make... the dodge aires is getting sold to my sister who is a 18 year old who just finished navy boot camp for $700.00 (only has 70k on it for a 89).... which leaves the porsche.... sigh..I cant afford to have 4 vehciles on the road+insurance+ everything else

Before I get into everything, I would really really really prefer a lister get it before I have to go to ebay for the simple fact that this is my baby...

I dont want to hear any "your asking too much for the car" threads either because I am going to go through the details here now.

its a 1983 porsche 944, 180k on the Odo.
ive owned the car for 6 years, so yes I bought this right out of high school... NEVER a daily driver EVER... in 6 years Ive put on 35k.... thats IT... It was used for me to drive the ladies around, and for me to have a blast in.. this car has brought me more enjoyment then I ever thought possible, along with that the bills to match...

I want 5,000.00 FIRM

Currently on the car - Car is Artic Silver, black interior

Painted Artic silver in 2002 at a cost of 3,000.00
924 GTS header panel (pretty rare, 250.00??)
Fiberwerks front end (450.00)
Clear turn signals - looks very clean no rice.. i am anti honda(90.00)
IFC flush molded side skirts (200.00)
IFC rear valance (200.00)
Windows tinted to a MD state legal 35% (350.00, hatch is SEEMLESS looks perfect)
Custom X 944 X license plate (that is my real tag, it is x 944 x) (188.00 per 2 years)
MSDS Headers ceramic coated as well (300.00)
Momo wheel (400.00+porsche crest 75.00) = 475.00
Used interior that is near perfect, converted from cloth to all black vinyl (400.00)
Dash Cap (everyones is cracked... not just mine!) (80.00)
2, count them 2 sets of rims
gotti deep dish wheels, just refinished, on car currently now, need to get the front 2 tires high speed balanced
Gotti wheels - 800.00
16" fuch alloy (replicas I believe) could get you 500-700 on ebay
stereo - sony head unit, looks so perfect with the artic silver/silver trim theme (200.00)
JBL bp 600w class D mono amp (350.00)
Custom built black vinyl wrapped box (200.00)
Cerwin Vega 15" sub (150.00)
blaunpunkt 4x6's all around (the best 4x6 they sell) (160 for all 4)

I have OVER 25K in recipts for work/parts.. .I know I am leaving stuff out , but here is what I can remeber replacing SPECIFICALLY

new CLUTCH + slave Paid 1800.00 for this! (I cant work on cars, I have a disability.... so i dont want to hear any BS from people here, i am serious.)
timing+balance belts+rollers+gaskets ect ect
radiator
o2 senser+afm+dme and some other parts (i have emissions, this is the damn cleanest car every after it failed.. i spend over 500 fixing this)

there are SO MANY other things ive had repaired/replaced/maintained on the car its unbelievable when I look at my folder, I have every single reciept for this car and it is in better condition than most 944's i have EVER seen. Its in BETTER condition then when I bought it, way quicker, handles better, and well... I love my car as much as you guys do... I am self employeed and I just cant have everything I have right now.

what I need is someone who will let me email them a few pictures if they could post or host them for me, I dont know how to post pix. I understand you could go get a high milage 944 for 3-4k, but i have every reciept, and litteraly 25k into the car.. I have reciepts for ALL of this to prove it. I will maryland inspect my car for you FREE if you live in MD, this will fly through inspection, the ONLY 2 things wrong with the car, the power antenna doesnt go up, I replaced this once and it failed on my, i was like screw it, i hate the radio anyways, and it was so ugly when it was extended 10 feet in the air. the OTHER thing is the line from the washer nozzles is split. so it doesnt spray the wiper fluid on the windshield... i kept this car spotless in a garage, I dont really care about that.

never EVER driven in the snow, or rain UNLESS i got caught in it, never ever ever taken intenttionally out in bad weather, EVER.

anyone interested call me or email me, I want to post pix, but untill then my contact info is as follows (this is my allstate cellphone , I am in EST, so dont call me past 10:30pm!)

Al Bittner IV
443-465-5629
Baltimore Co, MD. zip is 21053

I welcome ANYONE to please come and look at my car... I set a deadline with myself as the first week in april its got to go to ebay...

I will split shipping charges with anyone, however you do not need to ship this car, FLY IN and drive it ANYWHERE in the US to get home.. with out a doubt I say that! I will pick you up from the airport and we drive it back to my house, you leave with the car to your destination
Attached Images   
Old 03-10-2005, 08:58 PM
X 944 X
Instructor

Oh wow.. that worked.. ok, I need to snap some more pix tomorrow... Those pix are the fuchs on the car... thats not whats on cuz the gotti's were in the shop, I need some front/side/rear/interior pix..... thanks again for looking

Al
x944x
443-465-5629
Old 03-10-2005, 09:05 PM
Stuttgart 944
Racer

I wish I had the money...
Old 03-10-2005, 09:13 PM
sharky47
Set to Full-Auto
Rennlist Member

Received 126 Likes on 67 Posts

I'd buy it in a heartbeat but unless you want to take payments, I can't do it. Good luck with your sale!
Old 03-10-2005, 09:34 PM
X 944 X
Instructor

Oh and my 99 GSXF 600 is for sale, all black and carbon fiber (all real... no fake crap)
full hindle exhaust (headers+OVAL pipe)
over 2k in parts in the bike.. NEVER ever wrecked
runs like a champ, full dyno tuning + dyno charts are available.. headers+pipe put 15.5 RWHP over stock...

I cant be into the motorsport thing anymore for 2 reasons... a) $$$$ and b) my disability... I have a spinal fusion and everything is really limited for me as far as me working on stuff, and even now riding street bikes/4 wheelers.... I just cant do it anymore, I tried to tell myself I am a "man's man" and there comes a time when you have to realize your own limitations in certain aspects. I do not have the same physical ability as I did in High School and the start of College... its just not the same anymore.. I have concentrated on my self employment ( my buisness partner and I sell insurance) and I need to buy a house, and basically put a lot of money away for my future because I am scared of my health conditions. What happens if something happens to my back and I cant work for the rest of my life....
Old 03-10-2005, 09:38 PM
ibkevin
Defending the Border
Rennlist Member

Rest In Peace

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That is a tough sacrifice...just have patience and I'm sure a lister will get her a good home.
BTW, congrats on your new mortgage!!!
Old 03-10-2005, 09:48 PM
michaelathome
Race Car

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Al, feel free to email me the pics and I'll post as many as I can. email is michaelji - @ - hotmail.com
Old 03-10-2005, 10:12 PM
L8 APEKS
Three Wheelin'

WTF do you do for work?! 24, $25k in receipts, and buying a house? Man, I'm not gonna have a house until they send me to a "home"! lol!
Old 03-10-2005, 10:18 PM
michaelathome
Race Car

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Sean,

That really isn't that bad. If you look at it like a typical car payment that works out to about $325 per month over 6 years. Shoot I am paying just shy of $600 for my F150. Problem is that in Al's case a it sounds like lot of the work was done by professionals at shop rates. OUCH that really hurts and can add up fast.

By the way, Al why so much?

LOL, just kidding. I'm working on one of those too but I just started.

Michael
Old 03-10-2005, 11:32 PM
X 944 X
Instructor

Originally Posted by URIN 2ND
WTF do you do for work?! 24, $25k in receipts, and buying a house? Man, I'm not gonna have a house until they send me to a "home"! lol!

I am an independant insurance agent who works only with companies, I have been a top producer (top 150 agents in the US) for the past 3 years. I got started with my best friends father, while he went into computers/networking..... (his son that is) so basically I am my friends fathers right hand man with the agency we manage (I manage 3 employees myself, and I am our Agency's second highest producer behind my "boss") , I make us both a decent amount of money. I also work EVERY weekend at Jos. A. Banks selling suits/dress clothes... I have worked 7 days a week for the past 4 years....... I cant do physical labor but I can talk to people all day long, and I am good at it It was scary being 20 years old meeting with buisness owners who have 50-200 employees and I am setting up thier full benefit packages.... I still feel "overwhelmed" in a good way at times from what I do.

Mike, I got the picture thing worked out, I am going to upload 6 or 7 more tomorrow... thank you very much for the offer, and you are correct... I dont do any of my own labor and I do pay shop rates, ANYONE in maryland probally knows of Ralph's Auto Service, I have taken my car to him since day 1, he is expensive, but he is the man! I may of put his daughter through 2 years of school with just MY 944...hehehhe
Old 03-10-2005, 11:33 PM
AZS2
Racer

Sell the Scion. If you have to choose between a house payment and a car payment, choose the house payment. Houses appreciate, and the interest is tax deductible. All of that adds up to more money in your pocket. Car payments are a total loss. No way to recoup that money. I am 35 and I have never had a car payment. I don't plan to, until I have kids. Then I can justify paying for some new POS. It sounds like you got your 944 dialed in, why not drive it. **** that Scion. Either way, in 5 years you will be happy you bought that house. I made 50% on my last house in 3 years. Thats tax free income.
Old 03-10-2005, 11:37 PM
Stuttgart 944
Racer

^^word^^ ...my friend is working his *** off to pay off his tC. I dont think its worth it. IMHO
Old 03-10-2005, 11:41 PM
X 944 X
Instructor

Originally Posted by michaelathome
Sean,

That really isn't that bad. If you look at it like a typical car payment that works out to about $325 per month over 6 years. Shoot I am paying just shy of $600 for my F150. Problem is that in Al's case a it sounds like lot of the work was done by professionals at shop rates. OUCH that really hurts and can add up fast.

By the way, Al why so much?

LOL, just kidding. I'm working on one of those too but I just started.

Michael
AND mike, you know why so much... it doesnt have a honduh badge... duh No, the reason is because I took care of everything whenever ANYTHING arose, it never sat around broke or anything done half-assed... I have the money to fix it, but thats the problem, the porsche is an addiction and I have the money for it... Im the type of person that has to keep adding things to things, making it better, faster, meaner ... ect. ect.... and this isnt the platform to do it( for me atleast) and thank god i didnt have a turbo, I could see another 10k from me in the car easily... anyone that wants to go fast cheap, get a bike... anyone that wants to look good going fast, get a porsche...
Old 03-10-2005, 11:52 PM
technicolor
Advanced

Man, I wish I would have waited a few weeks to buy my 944 now. That is one sweet ride!
Old 03-11-2005, 12:20 AM
X 944 X
Instructor

and look at it this way for me
i drive, and drive, and drive, so now i can sell TWO cars, and have a brand new car
scion=warranty

and, in less than 3 months they are releasing the TRD supercharger, dealer installed for the car
210 hp or so with a mild charger?? thats not bad, and WARRANTY.. thats the only thing that keeps bouncing around in my head. This is the way it would work for insurance, if you get the car with the charger already, it is on the VIN, this dealer installed SC CANT change my VIN, so its lower insurance on it...

Quick Reply: FS my porsche 944.... sigh..........