Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OT: Car vandalism

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2005, 03:03 PM
bearone
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the trouble is you don't know they're stupid at the time, but then you say it's ok to **** off smart people.
Old 02-16-2005, 03:32 PM
Fishey
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

My senior year in high school some of my semi-friends (car people but kinda ricers). Had some problems with vandals messing with there cars when they parked on the street. Then one of my friends had his exhaust stolen and some other kid had his ricer fatpipe stolen. So they go and tell the cops etc..etc..etc.. and it happens again to yet another friends exhaust system. The cops still have not acted on this so one of the guys was in band and after 6th period they would go and practice in a field where you could see the street were the exhaust have been stolen. Well one day when they are practicing my friend notices some guys (who happen to be illigal imigrents from mexico living in nearby apartments) near my friends focus (who already had his 1st exhaust stolen) and he was like WTF? and in the middle of practice starts running over there and some of his band friends followed. They get there and one of the guys was under the car undoing the exhaust with a wrench and they try to run. However it was to late because one of the tuba players (and pianio player) Dusty running takles them both at once (in his band outfit and the little feather thing on top!) and then the other friends jump in and hold the guys down and beat them up alittle. The mexicans got arrested and deported from what I heard.

Anyways sometimes they do get caught just thought I share..
Old 02-16-2005, 06:05 PM
jmporsche944
Rennlist Member

Received 65 Likes on 20 Posts

Well, Im in the same dilemia... I will be driving my car to school in about a month.. and im extemly worried about my car getting vandalized... I know quite a few people who wouldnt mind keying my car... If anyone could come up to a solution for this id be very happy. Those cameras sound like a good idea.. maybe get a little 360degree cammera and hang it from the rear view mirror
Old 02-16-2005, 06:15 PM
sweanders
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think you deserve it, posting OT stuff in a tech thread and all...
Old 02-16-2005, 06:20 PM
shmucklebuckle
Three Wheelin'

You can get alarm systems (for motorcycles at least; they probably exist for cars as well), with a RF pager built into the key faub. So, set up the alarm to not sound when it's tripped, but buzz your pager, and run like hell out to your car with a can of whoop-*** opened up. Here's one for MC's:

http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/de...oduct_ID=11051
Old 02-16-2005, 06:31 PM
jmporsche944
Rennlist Member

Received 65 Likes on 20 Posts

That would work great if the alarm would go off when someone keyed the car.. but thats not really the case.
Old 02-16-2005, 07:39 PM
Wagz
Racer

That sucks man, screwing with someones car is the lowest thing u can do. I had that happen with my crapy old accord. Kept gettin vandalized in my driveway at night. So after the 3rd time i decided to set up a camera out my window, sure enough, the idiots came back the very night I did this. I got one of there faces on tape. If u want to risk your truck again get a camera on it from somewhere, trust me people in general are dumb, they'll try it again.
Old 02-16-2005, 07:40 PM
Wagz
Racer

shmucklebuckle-You can get those for your car, a friend of mine has one, same thing you mentioned.
Old 02-16-2005, 08:19 PM
unreal_news
Racer

its possible if you have it set to ultra sensitive, also, there are shock units available for alarm systems. I also remember seeing several small spy cameras on ebay, they ran of a 9v and trasmitted images to a reciever. If you hooked that up (or three of them) you would need software to detect motion and activate a recorder, like recording a movie file (mpg) to a hard drive on a computer where the reciever is connected. This type of setup is normally only possible at your home, so may not do you much good, unless you have a nice professor who will let you stash a laptop & reciever in a locked closet or something?
the alarm mentioned is a 2-way system. I bought one but just removed it since i am having no start problems, im likley to reinstall tho. I also disengage the alarm horn. they do little to deter imho.
seriouly, i hope you catch the bastard, I cant stand ppl who have no respect, pet peeve.
Old 02-16-2005, 09:29 PM
Stuttgart 944
Racer

Well it turns out 2 other people at my school had there tires slashed yesterday too. I haven't talked to them yet but I plan on it. Hopefully there was a witness although my truck was not parked at the same spot as theirs. They also had stuff stolen out of their cars. They know who did it because they suspected him and then went to his house and sure enough he had their stuff. I don't even know the kid. Never even heard of him but they say he goes to our school. Porbably some drop out/loser/inconsiderate **** head.

Unreal_news, how does that unit work for you? Does it help any? Have you ever had anyone touch your car? I need details. That sounds like a good idea but the mini cameras if I could find them would probably be the best (expensive) bet since I would have the person or car that did it on tape. I'll keep you updated. I plan on reporting it to the police so at least they have my name. But i talked to the other manager of Taco Bell today and she said another car had all 4 tires slashed last week so there are people (or one person) going around doing this ignorant act.
Old 02-17-2005, 09:11 AM
chilix
Instructor

Enemies or not. People should have the gonads to confront someone themselves or mess with other peoples property. I went to a school where most kids drove brand new cars that their parents bought. It was sick. I drove a '88 Acura Integra to school my assigned spot was next to a '98 Corevette.

Though there were always cops or administration around in the parking lots watching for students trying to escape for the day. In my stay at high school for 4 year I never heard of anything more than a fender bender. Policies were strict at my school where a person would park.

I do say to all of you that parking lot rash sucks. No one is respectful of your car.
Old 02-17-2005, 09:48 AM
seb928s
Three Wheelin'

Park in the teachers parking lot then. I did this after my pcar got abused in the parking lot in highschool. They are weak pointless people around that can't do anything just mess with someones car when they aren't looking. They are either mad at you for some reason or jealous also a good *** kicking does the job for 2 years in my highschool lol. After that no one touched my car for anything you know those stupid I'll put crap on your car because it's so and so day stuff. Anyhow I would try the teachers parking lot would be the best bet.
Old 02-17-2005, 11:13 AM
Stuttgart 944
Racer

I wish our school had more parking spots open for students (only 30 spots). Even if they did there are no more polic officers at our school to watch out for theives and vandalism. It's really disappointing that people had to do such things just to do it. If this continues then I will go to the principle and ask for a better spot. Thanks for the advice. I'm going to look into some motion sensors/mini cameras for the p-car.

Quick Reply: OT: Car vandalism