Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rennlist for BMW's?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2005, 12:01 AM
Chase72
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt H
I am a member at bimmerforums and a few others, they all are a joke compared to this list.
Totally agree with Matt. There is a lot less courtesy as well--they really snub new members to the point it's discouraging to ask for help. I'm a "silent member" for my 323iC... just read, but no posting... not worth it. After browsing the thread, I realize there are a lot of strange folks out there with Bimmers... Can't explain it, but the Rennlist forum is a much tighter community--everybody really cares about their cars and helping out others (yeah-I got touchy-feely there...but you guys are worth it!)
Old 02-13-2005, 12:05 AM
joseph mitro
Race Car

Received 246 Likes on 160 Posts

the M3 forum on bimmerforums has a combination of gearheads and techies plus the usual "i'm cool cuz i have an M3" dumbasses. but i agree that rennlist seems to have more camaraderie than any other list i've been a member of. i've had a few small problems with my M3 that I had no problem finding an answer to on that forum.
Old 02-13-2005, 02:17 AM
shmucklebuckle
Three Wheelin'

Joseph - I saw that too (BMW = I'm awesome). Somebody (obviously this doesn't apply to everyone there - I found good help) posted something about driving a Z3 1.8L (1.9L maybe?), and said "I get all the girls, but now I get spanked by Hondas! How do I fix this?" Oh gawd....

Anyways, back on topic: I took the amp apart a little, and found melted and crusty black circuitry! ACK! I'm glad my dad's car didn't catch fire. So now the task is to either A) find a used/affordable (ha) Harmon-Kardon BMW amp, or B) pick out a decent aftermarket amp and figure out how to hook it up, with either some sort of "adapter" to make things easy w/ wiring, or find out which wires go where from some audio guru around here or bimmerforums (or wherever really, as long as said person knows what they're talking about).
Old 02-13-2005, 02:58 AM
shmucklebuckle
Three Wheelin'

Here's the thread about the car at bimmerforums, if anyone else is bored like me.

http://bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3663666

Quick Reply: Rennlist for BMW's?