Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'83 944 FOR SALE!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2005, 07:55 PM
StupEd05
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '83 944 FOR SALE!!!

I am in no hurry to sell, but I figure I might as well get the word out. I need something newer and more reliable before going off to college so the work in progress has to go. I paid $4000 for it a year ago and have done A LOT to it since then. I have ALL of my records and the PO's back to 2000. The car has unknown mileage as the odo gear broke at 75k (PO rarely used it and I have put about 5k on it). Silver/Black originally Silver/Tan, but the tan was horribly dirty and I like black. Asking $4000 but will DEFINATELY work a trade for another Porsche or any other car to my likeing.

The PO had cut out the door panels to try to fit 6x9's which of course didnt work so the current door panels have too big of a hole which I have temporarily MacGyver'd a cover for and mounted 4x6 Pioneers. Has a CD Player. Tinted Windows. Seats need recovered, Dash needs new cover (I will be doing so VERY soon). Interior needs cleaned up a bit, but is in good cond. Custom fitted seat covers and new dash cover and the interior would look really nice. Would make an excellent track car or excellent daily driver. Before me it was taken care of by Bob Charlesworth (might recognize the last name).

Things I have done:
Cap & Rotor
New spark plugs
Checked and Replaced Vacuum lines
Intake cleaned and manifold gaskets
Black Carpet in Good cond.
Tinted Windows
Fuchs w/ Pirelli Drago's P8000's (I believe...)
A/C vent controller
New Battery
New Starter
Replaced Engine Bay wiring
Converted for R-134A (leaks and needs charged but does work)
Clutch done about 25k miles ago
New Radiator in 2002ish
Paint in good cond. (a few touch ups would be nice)
Koni Yellows all around
Stainless Steel brake lines
New high response Throttle Cam
ALWAYS On-Time Oil Changes (By myself AND PO)
Runs Perfect and Pulls very strong
Compression checked perfect

Needs Done:
-Handbrake doesnt work (disconnected for track use)
-A few paint chips that should be touched up
-Pass. side front fender was grazed by someone, I was able to pound it back out but the paint needs done in the area shown in pic (will do before sale)
-New dash cover (would be nice anyways)
-seats recovered
-slight wheel vibration at 50 (never bothered me, but still should be noted)
-Gas door needs painted silver (broke last one and got a red one from a friend)
-Windshield washer pump isnt working (need the plastic tubing)
-Chip out of front spoiler needs fixed (will do that myself very soon)
-Mostly just little annoyances that can be taken care of while the car is in use for day to day driving. I have slowly been fixing the little things that bother me the most as I drive it.

Not too far to go before you get a great daily driver that is fun as hell. I drive it daily and LOVE it. Great driving car. Asking $4000 but will take trades and reasonable offers.

Pics:

Last edited by StupEd05; 02-02-2005 at 01:25 PM.
Old 02-01-2005, 08:04 PM
Dave951M
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

And you're asking how much again?
Old 02-01-2005, 08:37 PM
StupEd05
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A good $1k is all it would take to get this car to go good daily driver stopping point. 90% of what needs done is just physical work that wont require hardly any money if at all. Like I said, Im in no hurry to wait for the right offer. Cosmetically the only things wrong on the outside are that 3 inch long strip on the pass. front fender where somone grazed me in a parking lot and the chip out of the front spoiler that would take all of about 10 minutes to fix once it warms up a bit. Nothing major at all just the usual little things every that need attention.

Quick Reply: '83 944 FOR SALE!!!