Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for porsche door handles

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2005, 11:17 AM
lowrider2025
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Looking for porsche door handles

Hello,

As this is a porsche forum I was wondering if someone has porsche door handles for sale from 924/944, these would be the ones I'm looking for:

Awaiting your answers.

Greets,

Tim
Old 01-22-2005, 01:54 PM
shmucklebuckle
Three Wheelin'

http://search.ebay.com/944-door-hand...dsreturnedZ300
Old 01-22-2005, 02:01 PM
Mighty Shilling
Wax On, Wax Off
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

check the door of your Porsche? *sorry couldn't resist

WELCOME TO RENNLIST! you should start a new thread introducing yourself, your car, and post pics if ya have them.

We have many Rennlist Sponsors who are great for providing parts for our cars. My personal favourite, being Paragon Products. Here's a link:

http://www.paragon-products.com

Also, check your Porsche dealer, no idea if the price will be better, but sometimes it is (shocking, I know) and if you are using Porsche genuine parts, and they are installed by a Porsche dealer, you get a 2 year warranty on parts and labor, no matter the age of the car.

Rennlist is a great source of information, and if you become a paying member, others will bend over backwards to help you out, and you have access to the Comedy club known as the "Off Topic Forum"

Again, Welcome to Rennlist.
Old 01-22-2005, 02:16 PM
KuHL 951
Hey Man
Rennlist Member

Received 188 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by lowrider2025
Hello,

As this is a porsche forum I was wondering if someone has porsche door handles for sale from 924/944, these would be the ones I'm looking for:
Awaiting your answers.

Greets,

Tim
Be advised that depending on the year of your car that the lock cylinders between the early (plastic insert type) and the later (Porsche script) handles are not interchangeable. The later handles will swap out just fine but try to by a set with cylinders and key included. By the time you get a set rekeyed you might be better off just buying a new set w/ keys provided. What year is your car?
Old 01-23-2005, 10:07 AM
lowrider2025
2nd Gear

Hello,

First of all thank you for all the help you're giving to a newbie stranger. Well, let's say something about me, I'm from Belgium - Oostduinkerke(you can see where I'm from: HERE although I think porsches are very nice cars, for the moment I do not own one, I'm in my final year at college and money is not something that is plentiful as a student. So for now I own a vw golf mk2(but hey porsche is a also a vag group member) I am desperately looking for these door handles, but I think 200euro/230dollars is a bit much for door handles. In a golf mk2 the door handles pushes downwards instead of the early golf mk1, so conversion of the porsche handles will certainly be necessary(they would get polished or chromed as well,something along these lines: HERE ). As this is a forum for porsche owners I thought you guys could get hold of these door handles easier than others and maybe I could get some of these door handles a bit cheaper than over here. So if some of you could still (want to) help me out with this I would be very grateful indeed. I'm also interested in porsches like 356,911(everything apart from the version with the oval headlights 996 etc.), vw bus t1, vw bugs ( "ovali" and "brezel", don't know the english terms for these though). This post is getting pretty long so better stop babbling hehe.

Thanks,

Tim

Quick Reply: Looking for porsche door handles