Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Battery Cable - contact info & updates....

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2005, 06:08 PM
father2nate
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dan - count me in....
Old 01-18-2005, 06:10 PM
Jakerx
Hitsquad Ninja
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

me as well...and i better see more people on this board say they're in...come on guys it's seriously a MAJOR upgrade. instead of spending thousands on a new maf or something or another, do something that could save your car from smitherines...

if dan doesn't make the quota he needs...the wrath of jake will be upon you all
Old 01-18-2005, 06:21 PM
cheetah chrome
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm in for a kit (both positive and negative). Email sent.
Old 01-18-2005, 07:55 PM
Clint's 944
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm interested...but I have a few questions before I commit.
What kind of time frame are we looking at to receive?
When will we know the final price?
When do you need the deposit?...(Gotta a couple more things I want to buy!!)

~Clint
Old 01-18-2005, 10:52 PM
Jakerx
Hitsquad Ninja
Rennlist Member

hey dan...my room mate over here is being an a$$ and wondering why us "idiots" would pay $265 for cables when he can go to a local electronics store and buy 0 gauge wire like he did on his jeep, crimp on terminals, and replace all the wiring on the car. i'm no electronics expert but could you explain why your kits are so badass so i could have an argument to shut him up? thanks buddy

or if anyone else wants to explain that would be just dandy.
Old 01-18-2005, 10:57 PM
Matt H
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ever driven a Ferrari? At the end of the day a Yugo will get you from point A to point B just as efficiently. However, there is ZERO doubt as to which is better. Yeah, its kind of like that.

The firebraid sleeve which will outlast the car, the Molex components, the quality of wires. There is ZERO comparison between the two items, same as your cable question.
Old 01-18-2005, 11:57 PM
hosrom_951
UAE Rennlist Ambassador
Rennlist Member

Juts a note: These cables are so high in quality that even when Dan (IceShark) sent them too me, the package itself was top-notch (very good packaging )
Old 01-19-2005, 12:28 AM
86 951 Driver
Race Car

How much for just the grounds?
Old 01-19-2005, 12:46 AM
IceShark
Nordschleife Master

Clint, it will be at least 5 weeks from the time we get enough interested guys to just trigger ordering all the parts. I'm not joking when I say Federal-Mogul or Molex have to start up a new production run when I order. That is a fact.

Then build time. I do this myself so it will take some time. I don't just slap these together as customers will verify.

I want the deposits right away. I'm not picking up the phone to order parts until we have enough guys and I can swing a stick that at least looks sort of big.

Final price will be when I get the quotes and bills. I posted an example of what will likely happen. If 30 or 50 bucks increase in the final price is a killer, then just don't sign up. I can't do much about a supplier that is giving me a good deal on cable when raw copper prices increase.

Jake, you are getting quite a package. Just show your room mate what you get. The only thing you can buy at RadioShack is the solder. Everything else is special. Terminals are heavy and tinned. Crimped on, soldered, and sealed with electronic RTV silicone and heavy wall glue lined heat shrink. I can go on about the rest, but there are plenty of engineers that have my cables. Even some from NASA: they like the build quality. A third of my customers are military who don't have a lot of extra cash in their pockets. Ask your friend: "You think all these people are dopes?"

I'd be careful about where you leave the harnesses as I think your room mate may cut open a terminal to see what was done. We can fix it, no problem, just don't let him do it in the first place.

Last edited by IceShark; 01-19-2005 at 01:07 AM.
Old 01-19-2005, 12:49 AM
Jakerx
Hitsquad Ninja
Rennlist Member

haha thanks dan for the input. i'll definitely show him whenever they come in. i'll send you the deposit by paypal tomorrow.
Old 01-19-2005, 01:09 AM
DDP
Rocket Scientist
Rennlist Member

Can I get your pos, neg and headlight upgrade at once? Are you still making your headlight upgrade? How much for the headlight upgrade? Thanks
Old 01-19-2005, 01:44 AM
hosrom_951
UAE Rennlist Ambassador
Rennlist Member

Jake: I have some more picture sto show the quality in thee cables. I installed the ground suppliment first befor the negative cable to 'see' a difference.

Let me tell you, there was a big difference with regards to the gauges. Then when i installed (mechanic) the negative cable 2 days later when doing the oil sump gasket, again, a bigger difference. No more jumpy temp gauge when fans kick in and so on.

Now i get 14+ volts (factory gauge) in the cold mornings (just <14 when it's warm) and sits ~12.5-13v with fans, a/c and so on....(still running factory alternator btw)....... i think i have some more pics showing the cables up close (but camera didn't know what to focus on ) if you like.......
Old 01-19-2005, 02:24 AM
IceShark
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by 9fitty1
Can I get your pos, neg and headlight upgrade at once? Are you still making your headlight upgrade? How much for the headlight upgrade? Thanks
Well, that depends. I have headlight packages ($384.50) and the negative battery cables ($49) available now. All the positive battery cables will not happen unless we get upwards of 100 guys to sign up. I retract the 50 from the original post. I apparently need to do 100. This is an enginerring issue and order quantities. So that is that.

Since most smart guys and gals have already done this, there are not many left that care about keeping the car alive.

That is is the deal.

Regards,

Dan
Old 01-19-2005, 02:36 AM
Jakerx
Hitsquad Ninja
Rennlist Member

hey dan...the $49...does that cover ALL the negative cables? the only thing missing from that are all the positives right? the brown ground wires on the engine block... do those get replaced? if so, is that included with the negative cables?
Old 01-19-2005, 02:38 AM
DDP
Rocket Scientist
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by IceShark
Well, that depends. I have headlight packages ($384.50) and the negative battery cables ($49) available now. All the positive battery cables will not happen unless we get upwards of 100 guys to sign up. I retract the 50 from the original post. I apparently need to do 100. This is an enginerring issue and order quantities. So that is that.

Since most smart guys and gals have already done this, there are not many left that care about keeping the car alive.

That is is the deal.

Regards,

Dan

Ouch. If you say so.

Quick Reply: New Battery Cable - contact info & updates....