Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Gal in Town

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2005, 06:24 AM
tifosiman
Race Director

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

You might want to consider getting the proper header panel for that nougat brown 944. It has the 944 turbo header panel and headlight covers on it, that's why the front profile of the header panel does not match the bumper properly.

I have a red 944 header panel and headlight covers that would be right for that car, you would just need to have them painted to match. Let me know if you want to work out a trade, I could use a spare turbo header panel anyway so it would work out OK for me.......

T.
Old 01-10-2005, 07:51 AM
Porsche-O-Phile
Banned

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

FWIW Melissa, sweanders IS a great guy. . . Talk to Nicole - she knows him well and is a regular on the 928 board and OT forum.
Old 01-10-2005, 09:13 AM
sweanders
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Porsche-O-Phile
FWIW Melissa, sweanders IS a great guy. . . Talk to Nicole - she knows him well and is a regular on the 928 board and OT forum.
Yeah, I was of course just kidding.. But there is a bit of truth to it..

I was over in the SF Bay area for five weeks job hunting and got a good offer from a IT consultant company right smack dab in the middle of Silicon Valley.. I would be in the process of moving to California right now if only it wouldn't be such a hassle getting a visa.. Dream come true that then shattered.. Not fun.

So if anyone knows a girl looking to marry a Swedish guy I'll give whoever arranging it the commision of using the cup car on a track for a day. How is that for a commision if you are a Porsche nut?
Old 01-10-2005, 10:46 AM
Luis de Prat
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by sweanders
So if anyone knows a girl looking to marry a Swedish guy I'll give whoever arranging it the commision of using the cup car on a track for a day. How is that for a commision if you are a Porsche nut?
Hey Anders, I know you're half joking but you may want to keep your immigration strategies private. Never know who's gonna see them in a public forum!
Old 01-10-2005, 11:24 AM
Dan87951
Nordschleife Master

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts

The people on this board crack me up....

Welcome aboard! Nice car!! Looks like your missing the center caps on your wheels? Check eBay if you need cheap replacements.
Old 01-10-2005, 11:30 AM
sweanders
Race Director

Originally Posted by Luis de Prat
Hey Anders, I know you're half joking but you may want to keep your immigration strategies private. Never know who's gonna see them in a public forum!
Yeah Luis, you are right.. It really is just a plan to get sex.
Old 01-10-2005, 11:32 AM
tifosiman
Race Director

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

That "Getting married to stay in the USA" thing sounds like it would make a good movie.
Old 01-10-2005, 12:18 PM
josephsc
Race Car

Location: Albany, CA: celebrating 100 years of independence from Berkeley, CA

Sheesh! This thread is going to easily beat the "WithStarsInHerEyes" thread.....
Originally Posted by Porsche-O-Phile
You know I'd totally forgotten about that *eyes light up* That actually makes my day! Are you going to be at the dyno day next weekend? I could pay you for it then and pick it up if so. BTW how was Boston?
I'm going to miss the dyno day -- that damn all day meeting on a Saturday. I've got plenty of storage space for now, so I'm in no hurry to dump it off -- just whenever is fine.

Boston went well -- we had a great time. We still haven't gotten past the whole long-distance non-dating problem, though. I'm still in Boston actually, we're about to get a snow storm....
Originally Posted by maelune
Do you guys actually know about my car or are you just lonely?

Seriously I am getting custom seats made, I hate the factory seats. I need to do shocks and rear brakes and I need to remove cheap tinting from the rear window.
Ha ha... It's just that a woman who likes cars is a deadly combination. BTW, it's not all guys here -- there are some women p-car owners on this board.

Your shocks and brakes reminds me that I have to do mine, too. How to go about it depends a little on your driving style -- if you decide to do it yourself (most of us here are DIYers) I would call Paragon Products to get some advice.
Old 01-10-2005, 01:21 PM
hazlgreen
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, we do know a bit about your car. I was actually considering buying it as a second Porsche before deciding to take on some other projects. Welcome to the board - I'm glad Eric's car found a good home!
Old 01-10-2005, 02:23 PM
Chase72
Racer

Hey Joe: you're back in town! Do you miss Boston? or do you miss the warmth of the Palisades more (now that it's freezing outside)... Geez, we got a wallop of a storm over the past few days. P-car is now hiding underground at the office garage...
Old 01-10-2005, 02:24 PM
Chase72
Racer

BTW: Melissa, welcome to Rennlist!
Old 01-10-2005, 02:50 PM
Mongo
Official Bay Area Patriot
Fuse 24 Assassin
Rennlist Member

Received 119 Likes on 62 Posts

wow I wish I got an 8-page welcome when I came here. Welcome to the world of anti-freeze and those of us that drink too much of it
Old 01-10-2005, 02:52 PM
Mongo
Fuse 24 Assassin
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by josephsc
Sheesh! This thread is going to easily beat the "WithStarsInHerEyes" thread.....
hahaha I remember that. Sounds like the typical us still I'm surprised no one in LA yet has offered the services of buying a drink for her
Old 01-10-2005, 03:16 PM
Mongo
Fuse 24 Assassin
Rennlist Member

Not to hijack sweander's request but I wonder if anyone on here also knows any nice ladies around the San Diego area +/- 40-50 miles looking for a nice, disease-free Rennlister to hang out/commit to
Old 01-10-2005, 03:50 PM
Porsche-O-Phile
Banned

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Yeah Luis, you are right.. It really is just a plan to get sex.
And you're posting that on a largely male-dominated board. . . why?

And why on earth would you expect to get sex after getting married?!?!

And why would you leave Sweden to get it? I thought all the girls there were supposed to be perfect, blonde-haired, blue eyed snow bunnies!

Quick Reply: New Gal in Town