Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Gal in Town

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2005 | 01:32 AM
Porsche-O-Phile
Banned

Watch out for Danno, he's the main reason for the "mostly".

You know I just ordered all new belts for the 951 (not sure when they were last done, so I wanna' replace them). Anyone up for a t-belt party in a couple of weeks? This will be after resurrecting Eyal's car - partially because I feel he's owed it and partially because he's got my flywheel lock!

We could always have a WCW intervention over there to finish it off. . .
Old 01-10-2005 | 01:34 AM
Blue S2
Race Car

Originally Posted by Porsche-O-Phile
You know I'd totally forgotten about that *eyes light up* That actually makes my day! Are you going to be at the dyno day next weekend? I could pay you for it then and pick it up if so. BTW how was Boston?

Hey Melissa, don't get "driven off" (no pun) by us guys - we're mostly harmless. Mostly. It really is nice to see some more women around here that are into these cars - we're equal opportunity misinformers!

HAHA, we are also a bunch that was poorly misinformed before we bought our cars. Yes, driving a Porsche WILL score you a date. (good we thought) With MALES. (bad we realized) These cars attract only men!
Old 01-10-2005 | 01:38 AM
maelune
Intermediate

Do you guys actually know about my car or are you just lonely?

Seriously I am getting custom seats made, I hate the factory seats. I need to do shocks and rear brakes and I need to remove cheap tinting from the rear window.
Old 01-10-2005 | 01:39 AM
Danno
Race Director

"These cars attract only men!"

I don't know about that. It's been about 50/50 for me. Except that the chics aren't as impressed as the guys. They tend to say, "cute car, what is it?" vs. the guys' "wow, awesome Porsche, '86 944 Turbo right?"!
Old 01-10-2005 | 01:39 AM
maelune
Intermediate

If you wanted to attract women you should buy a Volvo with a car seat.
Old 01-10-2005 | 01:42 AM
Porsche-O-Phile
Banned

That tint film can be a MAJOR PITA to get off - I have two spare rear hatches if you need a loaner or anything. I figure they're good to have around as "insurance" in case someone breaks mine - a factory replacement is over $1,200 when last I checked!

Interesting on the seats. Where are you having them done? I'm in the process of getting my (badly ruined) original seats rebuilt at Bud's Auto Upholstery here in Long Beach. They do VERY nice work (seats are done, I just have to pay 'em off) but they're ungodly expensive. They do a lot of custom work as well - I've seen everything from 1950s hot rods to boats to BMWs to Cadillacs in there on various occasions. If you haven't already chosen a shop, I'll give my endorsement for quality, but be warned - they are NOT cheap.
Old 01-10-2005 | 01:43 AM
Porsche-O-Phile
Banned

Originally Posted by maelune
If you wanted to attract women you should buy a Volvo with a car seat.

You're going to fit in here just fine, methinks.
Old 01-10-2005 | 01:44 AM
Blue S2
Race Car

Originally Posted by maelune
Do you guys actually know about my car or are you just lonely?

Seriously I am getting custom seats made, I hate the factory seats. I need to do shocks and rear brakes and I need to remove cheap tinting from the rear window.
Im pretty sure a lot of people here know the car. I know im almost positive i have a dozen pictures of it saved somewhere. Actually, when you spend enough time in the Porsche community, you can forget someone...but you know who they are from their car.

Thats kinda how it is when ide go surfing on the east coast. You know all the locals from their boards and suits. No one knows anyones name, but you see eachother all the time, and occasionally chat. Wont recognize them on land, but in the water you can pick'em out of a crowd a mile away!

Same principle.
Old 01-10-2005 | 02:11 AM
maelune
Intermediate

http://www.arizenracingsports.com/ are doing my seats
the post were really helpful about the tinting, they said the professionals just staeam it off and that won't damage the defrost wires.
http://www.p-caronline.com/directory/maelune/ my new baby
Old 01-10-2005 | 02:21 AM
Eyal 951
Nordschleife Master

Welcome to rennlist, if you become active locally, we may meet in person. BTW, I have touched your car
~Eyal
Old 01-10-2005 | 02:23 AM
GOBOGIE
Budding Photographer
Rennlist Member

Welcome - don't let the testosterone scare you off!
Old 01-10-2005 | 02:24 AM
Porsche-O-Phile
Banned

Good advice. I only had an iron to try steaming the old / cracked / faded junk off of one of my spare hatches. It kinda worked but I still had to get in with an exacto blade and manually do a lot of spots. I managed to nick up the defrost wires a little bit, but fortunately it's fixable with a small tube of self-hardening copper paste stuff (but it's a tad expensive - about $10 a tube). Looks and works good as new now.

Are you getting seats with the side bolsters for more spirited driving? Have you had a chance to really corner hard yet or are you waiting for the shocks to be done?

BTW brakes on these cars are VERY easy - the easiest I've ever done. No worries there. The only thing to watch is the brake pad sensor wires - I had them clipped a bit too far towards the inside (you'll see what I mean when you take the wheel off) and it allowed the inside of the rim to contact it and wear it through again - DOH!!!

Oh, and make sure you put a micrometer on the rotors too. . . Hopefully yours are fine and not worn down.

When were your belts last done?
Old 01-10-2005 | 02:24 AM
Darius Juca
Burning Brakes

well since you had to post your pic..given this is a mainly male site...I guess I can say you will get the attention you wanted...but anyway..wellcome enjoy your Porsche..take care of it...appreciate the advice you get here{good or bad....but.both informative} have fun..
Old 01-10-2005 | 02:31 AM
IceShark
Nordschleife Master

Morons, Be nice to Melissa. She knows a lot more about the cars than you think. As she is getting some Llight Cannons I'll toss in the optional heat seeker missle so she can clear boneheads out of the way. :ROFLMAO: Or maybe the fly by wire if in heavy traffic.
Old 01-10-2005 | 02:40 AM
Serge944
Rennlist Member

Jesus christ!!! She sounds like shes knows what she's talking about too.

How ironic, I'm driving a volvo below
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: New Gal in Town