Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Prepping for paint... pointers anyone???

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2005, 06:45 PM
my87944s
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Prepping for paint... pointers anyone???

Hello, I am prepping my P-Car for paint next week. Now before you flame me for trying to do ANY of this myself, let me explain! First I am not brand new to the paint and body field. I worked for two years in college at a paint and body shop in Miami, FL. that dealt exclusively with high end cars. When i was there I started by sweeping floors and worked my way up to sander. (WOW...)
Anyway, I have started work on the P-Car by removing nose, light covers, both bumper, both mirrors and sanding to metal, filling any and all scratchs, punding out the few small dents etc... I have also sanded and filled about 2.5 million rock chips on the hood (even after getting to bare metal there were chips in the metal).
The doors are going to be tough, there are about 5 door dings in each and I am not really up to that so it will be left to the pros.
I am now as far back as the having the entire front clip ready for paint. WHAT ELSE is special about P-cars??? Are there any hidden areas that need to be addressed prior to giving it to the painter? The shop that is doing tha paint basically said do what you want, then we will quote you the price and finish it.
I basically started myself because I KNOW DOWN DEEP INSIDE that no one is going to give the attention to the car that I will. I can honestly say that the front is PERFECT...
thanks for any tips, pointers...
Terry
Old 01-09-2005, 07:45 PM
shmucklebuckle
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sunroof maybe?

Quick Reply: Prepping for paint... pointers anyone???