Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to determine interior colors?

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2004, 10:17 PM
89AZ944
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question How to determine interior colors?

OK-

Here is my situation-

Wife wants to buy the 944 new mats for Christmas. I THINK I have a "linen" interior, as the carpet is an off white/grey (nearly white) and the leather seats are a light beige. I would like the mats to match as close as possible, but I cannot determine the "correct" LLoyd mat color, as there are several possibilities in the Sand/Beige/Natural/Parchment/etc. color band.

The dash is black, but the accent plastics (surrounding the window switches and the gauge cluster) appear to be a very dark brown to my eyes, but my wife swears that the plastics are black with a different (matte) texture. If the accent plastics are BROWN, then I will get BROWN lettering. If they are BLACK, then I will get BLACK lettering (kinda ****, I know, but I want it to look right especially with no refund on the Lloyd mats).

I still have the warranty voucher for this vehicle and I have been able to identify the paint (LY5U - Glacier Metallic) and all the option codes, but not the interior colors.

This board has been a WEALTH of information for my new toy, and thanks in advance for helping me out!!!!

89AZ944
Old 12-12-2004, 11:38 PM
boffam
Advanced

Those accent plastics do have sort of a brownish look to them, so you're not dreaming. But it would be hard to find brown enough thread...I'd stick with black, since it will pick up the dash and doors.

BUT...are you sure you want such light mats? I have black ones in my linen interior and they look fine. OK I live in winter hell but I would guess you'd be scrubbing the mats every day if you are that ****.

PLUS...black mats would take care of the colour matching problem.

Last edited by boffam; 12-13-2004 at 12:02 AM.
Old 12-13-2004, 02:13 PM
89AZ944
Racer

Thanks for the pic boffam.....your interior looks the same scheme as mine (I can even see the brown accents). Did you do that wood veneer yourself? I was considering one of those kits and was wondering how difficult it was.....

Good point on the mat color issue...I will run it by my wife as a possibility......
Old 12-13-2004, 10:37 PM
buckshot
Addict
Rennlist Member

how many miles on the car boffam? interior looks great!
the wood grain is is just a plastic sheet or real wood.
my 89 s2 has the linen interior, but not the white shift **** and console.
those parts are black. i personally don't like the contrasting floor mats,
but mine is kind of a summer only garage queen...
Old 12-13-2004, 10:45 PM
bigs
Dean of Rennlist, "I'm Listening"

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 962 Likes on 415 Posts

I would agree with boffam about the color. I tried a light color for my new mats, and they got dirty real fast. Looked ugly. I now have black mats with cashmere carpeting and leather, and the mats don't show dirt nearly as much.

BTW boffam, what's that little bulb between your driver's seat and the console? Looks like a blood pressure cuff bulb.
Old 12-13-2004, 11:44 PM
boffam
Advanced

Originally Posted by 89AZ944
Thanks for the pic boffam.....your interior looks the same scheme as mine (I can even see the brown accents). Did you do that wood veneer yourself? I was considering one of those kits and was wondering how difficult it was.....

Good point on the mat color issue...I will run it by my wife as a possibility......
The wood was done by the person preceding the previous owner. The kit is from Daytona Dash -- Rosewood (nice to have all the records! ). I was thinking of brooming it when I first got the car but it has really grown on me.
Old 12-13-2004, 11:49 PM
boffam
Advanced

Originally Posted by buckshot
how many miles on the car boffam? interior looks great!
the wood grain is is just a plastic sheet or real wood.
my 89 s2 has the linen interior, but not the white shift **** and console.
those parts are black. i personally don't like the contrasting floor mats,
but mine is kind of a summer only garage queen...

Thanks! The car has a mere 75,000 miles. The interior does look good, but in truth the pics make it look much better. Still, for a 15-year old car, it's really amazing how it has held up. I can't take much credit for that, since I only bought the car in June. He has never been driven in winter before I got him, so I hope I don't do too much damage.
Old 12-13-2004, 11:52 PM
boffam
Advanced

Originally Posted by bigs
I would agree with boffam about the color. I tried a light color for my new mats, and they got dirty real fast. Looked ugly. I now have black mats with cashmere carpeting and leather, and the mats don't show dirt nearly as much.

BTW boffam, what's that little bulb between your driver's seat and the console? Looks like a blood pressure cuff bulb.
There is an aftermarket lumbar support in the driver's seat. Very nice. Also an aftermarket seat heater. Very very nice. It's funny, the car was originally a California car, and the owner (some high-tech exec) was then transferred from San Jose to Toronto. First thing he did was get that seat heater installed!

Quick Reply: How to determine interior colors?