Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Parting a Wreck in NC (pics this time)

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2004, 04:49 PM
Mikeaagesen
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how much for the turnsignal relay? I think I need one.
Old 12-07-2004, 05:10 PM
BigRed
Pro

To be honest, in addition to the timing cover, I may take a lot of the little details of that engine compartment. Still got the alternator/AC drivebelt? Water/Vacuum hoses? LMK...
Old 12-07-2004, 07:13 PM
86 951 Driver
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What kind of shape is the disturbutor cap and rotor in? Plug wires? How much? What about the hatch seal and sunroof seal? Do they leak at all? How much for those?
Old 12-07-2004, 08:10 PM
Scuba Steve
Burning Brakes

The plates would be pretty cool - I have a whole bunch of em on the wall here.
Old 12-07-2004, 08:19 PM
bloodraven
Race Car

the sunroof seal does leak...so that is pretty much a no sale. Distributor cap and rotor were fine before the accident...I have reason to believe that the rotor button may have gotten screwed up in the accident...but the cap and the wires are in good condition
Old 12-07-2004, 08:45 PM
Cocytus
AutoX

Idano if any of these parts are compatible, but if they are, I'm definitely interested in the:

1. Master/slave cylinders (one of mine is bad and needs replacing, so if these are indeed fresh and will work, could help me a bit)
2. The privacy cover assembly for the trunk, if that model had one. The plastic holding the left end of mine broke, so pulling on it just pulls it out/doesn't stay in.
3. The rear-windshield-wiper motor (I think I see the tip of a rear-windshield wiper in the picture). Mine just stutters, so my rear-wiper is more of an ornament than a decoration.
4. Hood crest (rock chipped on mine, doh)
5. The moonroof, if it's the same type as on my 85.5 944. One of the pegs on the right-latch broke, so it doesn't have the nice snap-action when you close it.
6. Possibly the rear panel of the car, the part where the lock for the hatch is at, and/or the lock-mechanism itself. I received a dent, about fist-sized, dead-center on my lock, from a van, so my hatch no longer opens whatsoever. Not sure if the repairs will be easier/cheaper with a rear panel, or the status of the lock, but assuming parts are cheaper through you guys than a body shop...

I'm not aware of any design changes between this model and mine that I couldn't use these parts, so lemme know here, or email me at cocytus@idledreams.net or atouchofepithumia@hotmail.com about pricing, availability. The master/slave cyls are top on my list, given the necessity of said repairs. I'm in North Charleston, SC, so I can drive out and pick up whatever I buy. Thanks!
Old 12-07-2004, 09:35 PM
bloodraven
Race Car

The master/slave cylanders were put on about three mnths ago.

The cover is there

No rear widnshield wiper

Hood crest is in bad shape...but still looks ok

Moonroof is in good shape...flew off the car so may have a couple scratches

Rear panel seems fine, don't know if it has been called or not
Old 12-07-2004, 10:31 PM
AndyK
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Snowflake button???
Old 12-07-2004, 11:55 PM
WesM951
Nordschleife Master

I have the best question... Front Turn signal lenses? Don't see any on the car.. nor a front end.. lol.
Old 12-08-2004, 09:51 AM
ian
Nordschleife Master

Received 66 Likes on 38 Posts

Turn signals / front end all sold.

I was in the car trying to find the snowflake button and couldn't find it, perhaps it will turn up tonight or this weekend.

Turn Signal Relay $15 shipped

The motor is still almost 100% intact, i'm going to do my best to pull off almost everything on it this weekend. Once the motor is out I will give one last run at parts inside the car and call a wrecker to come get the shell. I hope to be done with this early in 2005.
Old 12-08-2004, 04:39 PM
BigRed
Pro

What about me?

- Timing cover? (I included a pic 2 posts ago from your engine bay...the silver part)
- Power windows relay?
- Power window buttons (2)?
- Pie Plate for hood release
- Hood and Deck Lid Struts?
- Rear View Mirror (without the piece that sticks to the windsheild)?
- Stock Radio?

My car needs help...how much for each of these and I'll see what I can do. Also, do you take PayPal?

Oh yeah...before you send the shell off, there is also a small door latch part that I need from inside the driver's side door. I can elaborate if you want to part out pieces from your Driver door. LMK...thanks.
Old 12-08-2004, 06:34 PM
Tony K
Burning Brakes

Ian,

I would like to buy the sunroof bag if it is maroon.

I would also like to buy the upper half of the back seats if the vynil is not faded on the top. A slight, minor amount of fading is okay, but easily noticeable discoloration or fine cracking would not be. I understand that someone already called on the window shade.

Thirdly, I would like to buy the carpet in the rear hatch area. It doesn't have to be perfect or even "very good"; it just has to be better than mine.

I can pay you right away, but if shipping will be a lot and if you can wait a little, I may be able to just come and pick it up, as I will be driving that way in a couple of weeks.

Please contact me by email or PM.

Thank you,

Tony
Old 12-08-2004, 06:39 PM
Sasquatch
Instructor

How much for the functional parts of the motor (for a swap into a NA)? Motor, turbo, engine parts of the exhaust, intake, plumbing, computers, wiring as a kit?

Basically pull the motor out, remove the alternator, starter, AC, PS stuff and ship me the rest. Looking at building some HP into my pristine NA.
Old 12-08-2004, 06:42 PM
Tony K
Burning Brakes

One more, Ian: How is the dashboard?
Old 12-08-2004, 08:11 PM
kennycoulter
Drifting

i asked about the ic in the other thread you had going.....if you do decide to part the engine whathaveyous.

Quick Reply: Parting a Wreck in NC (pics this time)