Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HOLY COW -- IceShark's Light Sabers installed, results with pictures.

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2004, 12:09 AM
Matt O.
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 79 Likes on 35 Posts
Default HOLY COW -- IceShark's Light Sabers installed, results with pictures.

So I installed the IceShark Light Saber kit today.

It was ridiculously well put-together. Very professional. Can't say enough about the quality and workmanship of this kit. Worth every penny and I highly recommend this kit to every single 944 owner on Rennlist. Safety should be priority one and this updates 15 year old lighting technology/wiring to modern quality, much MUCH safer.

I have been wanting to purchase his kit since he came out with it I think probably over two years ago now. Finally I am able to (financially) after getting the car running and things under control. I was afraid I'd have buyers remorse spending this much on headlights.... NOPE!!! Some of the best money I've spent on my 944 yet.

Before: In the garage, low beams with NO OTHER LIGHTS.

After: In the garage, exact same position, low beams with NO OTHER LIGHTS.

After: In the garage, exact same position, high beams with NO OTHER LIGHTS.

Old 11-26-2004, 12:15 AM
hacker-pschorr
Administrator - "Tyson"
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 2,204 Likes on 1,243 Posts

Can someone post a link to details about the kit? pics, site to purchase etc....
Old 11-26-2004, 12:16 AM
David Floyd
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I agree Matt, some of the best money I have spent was for my Iceshark
"Light Cannons "
Old 11-26-2004, 12:23 AM
Matt O.
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 79 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by David Floyd
I agree Matt, some of the best money I have spent was for my Iceshark
"Light Cannons "
I've seen folks call them light cannons. It's more light plasma rays (maybe I'm playing Halo too much). I feel like they are light sabers cause you gotta be careful where you point them!

I believe there is information at www.gururacing.net (Danno does not make or sell the kit) about them, or email Dan directly (search for posts by IceShark to get his contact info or see the guru racing page). You need to jump on it if you're going to get them, I know he goes through his stock like there's no tomorrow and has to reorder directly from Europe.
Old 11-26-2004, 12:48 AM
hosrom_951
UAE Rennlist Ambassador
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You should see how IceShark's battery cable kit would do to you ground problems

http://www.gururacing.net/LightUpgrade.html Light prices/kit but prices changed recently. contact IceShark (Dan) by PM or e-mail.
Old 11-26-2004, 01:38 AM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey, everything said here is DEAD-ON.... I bought the kit a LONG time ago, when it first came out & he was just making them for a short run. I think this is about the ONLY thing I've done to my car that I did not regret in some way. I have also bought the battery kit, b ut, have not installed. ALSO, my headlights are now INCREDIBLE, AND, my mech did not even install them correctly- they are hooked directly to the battery & he didn't install the voltage regulator... they are STILL awesome...

Quick Reply: HOLY COW -- IceShark's Light Sabers installed, results with pictures.