Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gorgeous Fuchs up for grabs

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2004, 11:06 AM
xsboost90
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

For that money you could have a running motor!
Old 11-25-2004, 12:45 PM
mitsumark

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the link guys...
Old 11-25-2004, 01:25 PM
Porsche-O-Phile
Banned

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Come on Richard, your post count is higher than mine - you're going to tell me you've NEVER posted anything that isn't so temporal as that which you're defending?

I'm not flaming the guy, I'm just saying I'm getting sick and tired of seeing people come in here with 5 or 10 posts saying "4 SALE NOW - MY 944!!!" or whatever. Rennlist is a good forum without turning it into a whorehouse for advertising by people of questionable intent. The fact that he's got someone vouching for him is good and I hope he sees the value of this forum for what it is and stays as another Porsche enthusiast, but it's kind of hard to pass judgement good or bad with such a low count of posts. Plus the guy's name is "mitsu" (as in Mitsubishi) "mark" - that kind of makes you wonder, doesn't it?

There's a place for stuff like that - it's called the Rennlist classifieds. If not, there's always EBay. It doesn't really belong here per se. Maybe from someone that'd been a long-time contributor to the tech forums, but not a new guy. Sorry if that sounds snooty, but it's really for the best if you think about it - you can't leave the door open for every bozo with a widget to sell to barge in here and make it their own personal billboard. You have to draw a line someplace. FWIW, the guy's probably fine, but I believe the Rennlist charter would support my position.
Old 11-25-2004, 02:31 PM
Rich Sandor
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

This is a free to use forum. membership is voluntary. I think non-members should be free to post an ad in the 944 forums, if it is 944 related! That is my opinion, yours may be different. Apparently John D shares my view because I can't find any standing rennlist policy against it!

BTW, before anyone even thinks of bugging me about not being a member: my $18 just expired this summer, and I've already sent John and Jenn an MO for another $32. So I AM a member. nyah!
Old 11-25-2004, 03:03 PM
Porsche-O-Phile
Banned

Relax man, nobody's giving you a hard time. . .

I was looking at section 7 of the Rennlist charter - you're supposed to be a member to sell stuff here, that's all. And I totally disagree about non-members being allowed to come in here and sell stuff. Maybe there should be a policy that it's okay if you have 500+ posts or something (then you deter the spammers), but the way I'm reading the charter, you're supposed to be a member to make commercial posts and even then you're limited to how many.

Besides, isn't it nice to actually be able to see a picture of whatever is being sold (the wheels, in this case)? Anyway have a good T-day.
Old 11-25-2004, 03:05 PM
MM951
Race Director

Received 49 Likes on 39 Posts

I've talked to MitsuMark on the Conquest boards before too..hes legit, got a huge following over there lol
Old 11-25-2004, 04:05 PM
mitsumark

Wow,Didnt realize that this would cause such a stir..I thought in the process of recooping some of my losses I could benefit another Porsche owner also so they dont get stuck paying top dollar like I did..Porsche-O,,I stated in my post that anyone that is interested in the wheels can e-mail me for pix..I was warned over on another forum the people on Rennlist can be harsh..It does seem they were correct..You say you hope people will stick around to contribute as members..I doubt many newbies will with this kind of treatment..If the mods feel it is necessary,delete the post..Not crying but this is getting out of hand..
Old 11-25-2004, 04:27 PM
mitsumark

Oh forgot..There are pix on that Samba website if you go to the wheel/tire section...
Old 11-25-2004, 04:43 PM
Porsche-O-Phile
Banned

Hey, it's not you - it's the general idea. It's a shame if a bunch of good people (such as you seem to be) have to get sacrificed in order to keep the trash out of here, but that's unfortunately the way it has to be. There are far too many scam artists, spammers, etc. floating around in order to do anything else. If you're a legitimate P-car owner then I welcome you here and hope you'll stay. This is a tremendous forum with a lot of great people and great knowledge base. If you're into Porsches, you'll find it's worth its weight in gold very quickly.

I didn't mean to "be harsh" on you, but when you look at what you did in context how did you expect people to act? Stick around for a while and get a little bit of a "rep" and then peddle your wares - it's worth it.
Old 11-25-2004, 04:55 PM
mitsumark

I could understand.Ive been a member of a Conquest/Starion club since 96 and we see our share of scam artists there.Anyway,I do own a 944 so I hope to become a contributing member here in the future..Just go easy on us newbies.Not all of us are a pain..Now somebody buy my wheels lol...
Old 11-25-2004, 06:03 PM
Geo
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tifosiman
If they were 951 Fuchs I'd be all over them in a hearbeat. Darn! (yes, I have a wheel fetish, sorry!)
Dude! I assure you that you're an amateur compared with me. It's actually embarrassing. Here in Houston we have a lot of used wheel places usually own by Mexican immigrants. My business partner has jokingly started to refer to me as Jorge Roffereguiz. At last count I own 56 wheels. I own fully 6 sets for my 944.

Sit down. I'll let you know when the next meeting of Wheel Buyers Anonymous is.

Hi. I'm George.

Hi George.

And I have a wheel problem.

It's been 21 days since my last wheel purchase......

Old 11-25-2004, 06:05 PM
Geo
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mitsumark
I could understand.Ive been a member of a Conquest/Starion club since 96 and we see our share of scam artists there.Anyway,I do own a 944 so I hope to become a contributing member here in the future..Just go easy on us newbies.Not all of us are a pain..Now somebody buy my wheels lol...
Mitsu...

Just understand that there are some who are very leary of people signing up and selling stuff here. Stick around and contribute. This will all be forgotten. And as someone said, perhaps joining with part of the proceeds might be a good idea, but that is really up to you. This is a great place.

And welcome to Rennlist. If you stick around you will fit in and like us and we'll like you.
Old 11-25-2004, 06:48 PM
mitsumark

As stated,I totally understand..I was starting to think I was unliked here because I didnt ask how to turbo my NA yet(hehe)..Seriously though..Ive been lurkin on here for about 6 months.Just havent posted much because I have nothing to post about..I just watch all the other newbies ask the questions I would problably ask without getting slammed lol...Anyway,you guys push a hard bargain..A $25 dollar donation will be made to Rennlist along with my membership fees once the wheels go..
Old 11-26-2004, 02:05 PM
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 156 Likes on 98 Posts

Hi Mitsu,

Welcome to Rennlist and I think you are understanding Jeff's well-intentioned posts and taking it in the right way. I am still pretty new to this forum, but having spent enough time on other automotive forums, I would say this is by far the best I have come across and it is worth hanging around. I've learned lots here and everyone is very helpful.

Oh yeah, when you do sign up for the membership you get a cool Rennlist sticker that you can put in your rear quarter window !!!!

Take care and good luck with the wheels!
Old 11-26-2004, 03:55 PM
mitsumark

Thanks

Quick Reply: Gorgeous Fuchs up for grabs