Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Alpine Head Unit (CDA-9827) Questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2004, 12:04 AM
hazlgreen
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alpine Head Unit (CDA-9827) Questions

Hey, are any of you running Alpine's CDA-9827 Head Unit? I have a couple of operating questions for you:

Is there a way to get the title track for mp3's to continuously scroll? I have it set now in a way that will scroll the track title either 2 or 3 times, but then it stops. Since it can only display 8 characters, the entire track title often does not show. This is a tiny bit annoying to me.

And here is another question for you audiophiles:

I have this Pioneer Amp (see below), and I'm wondering if the Alpine HU will be able to control it without me having to change settings directly on the Amp. Can this be done?

And if the HU cannot directly control things, will the amp be able to direct only the high and mid-range signals to the 4x6's once I pick up a subwoofer (likely the KLA hidden sub)? Based on what I read from the Pioneer website (see link below), and what the guys who installed it said, I believe it can do what I'm asking about. I'm just not sure, and would like those in the know to reaffirm my thoughts.

Thanks in advance (and a bit of info on the amp is below).

-------------------------------
(Pioneer 4-Channel Amplifier (GM-4000F))
• 35 watts RMS at 4 ohms
• High and low pass filters
• 4-channel
• Speaker-level inputs
Link to Pioneer Info Page
Old 11-22-2004, 08:12 PM
kevin Dubois
Racer

no the alpine cannot control that amp. any adjustments will need to be made at the amp as far as gains and crossover freq for the channels go. the higher end alpines (9831 and high) do have the optional amp link, which will allow total control over alpine digital amps, which is possibly what you are referring to. i know the 9827 should have a low pass crossover for a sub if your going to add one, but i don't think it has a high pass crossover. that amp does have high/low pass crossovers though, so just use them.
Old 11-22-2004, 08:14 PM
Mighty Shilling
Wax On, Wax Off
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I used to have one, and it was stolen....bastards....

s'okay tho. I now have an Alpine CDA-9830!

Ipod integration, here I come!
Old 11-22-2004, 08:43 PM
hazlgreen
Instructor

Thanks for the info Kevin. I had been thinking about taking it back and upgrading to one of the higher units, but it sounds like I'll be fine if I just stick with what I have and add the KLA sub.

Geoff, you are thinking what I am thinking. The ipod and the KCA-420 are next on the list of stereo upgrades after the sub!

Quick Reply: Alpine Head Unit (CDA-9827) Questions