Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car - back up and running - headed to TWS

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2004, 01:56 AM
Driv200mph
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car - back up and running - headed to TWS

Thanks to Wes, my mechanic at LR, for coming to terms with some misunderstood responses per my last post. He wanted to complete a project he had started with my car and LR. With frustrating problems at the Oklahoma PCA club race, Wes quickly replaced the head gasket.

Per my last post, the blown head gasket was due to a torn boost line running through the battery box and into the dash. Somehow, it got hot???? Having lost my local shop support, due to the misunderstood previous post, I am needing some help in learning of other vendors for parts etc..... Anyone have a good referral?

For closure, I only know of LR and their committment to making the 951 the best it's ever been. I remain disgruntled having lost the relationship and support, per their request, I so enjoyed. A recent post of my car break- down was taken as 'bad press", however, my intent was to search out answers to questions of "Why" it broke. I hope soon, I can enjoy this investment again with my local shop where it was born! Thanks to those of you who helped me find the torn boost hose and areas where to look for problems/causes.

Thanks again to Wes for completing the repairs.
Old 11-11-2004, 09:30 AM
joseph mitro
Race Car

Received 246 Likes on 160 Posts

i didn't even know LR frequented this board. can't say i've seen many posts. did you try to correct the misunderstanding?

was it the KLR line that got fractured? that's the only line i can think of running thru the firewall into the dash. try the dealership in OKC - they probably have what you need. there's also 944online.com - they seem to have a lot of the vacuum lines on their website.

ps - nice to see another OK rennlister. i just moved from OKC in July. where is the next race?
Old 11-11-2004, 10:32 AM
Geo
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You only need to go one place.....

Don Istook in Ft. Worth. Don was racing 944s before people ever saw one. He's well known to many Rennlisters but doesn't get a lot of press. He's a little ways from you, but I'll bet worth the trip.

Istook's Eurosports
2733 West 7th Street
Fort Worth, TX 76107

Quick Reply: Car - back up and running - headed to TWS