Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rennbay ~ 944 Solid Bushing Ball Joint Kits / SALE ~ 2 Days Only!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2004, 01:08 PM
Mike B
Done With Sidepatch
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I couldn't resist a bargain like that either. Thanks Travis!

Now...when are those rack seal kits going on sale
Old 11-04-2004, 02:01 PM
Luis de Prat
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by washington951
luis,
i've been busy and haven't been able to check the forums as much as usual (that election thing.......) i'm assuming the suspension work went well?!?!
OMG, it got a bit trying at times, but in the end, I succeeded.

Basically, I performed the repair in two sessions, because I got stuck twice. First, I couldn't get the darned snap rings out, and second, I couldn't compress the new joint assemblies together with the C-Clamps I found.

For the first problem, I took the control arms to a shop that does mainly Porsches right by my place in Barcelona, and the guy was able to get them out. Not having a private garage to work in, I basically had to transport all my tools to the public parking structure each time. Needless to say, I wasn't too happy about leaving the car with the front wheels off and the front end up on jack stands overnight...

To get the ball joints back in, I took the stuff to another workshop down the street, where the guy had a huge vise. We got the arms reassembled and I reinstalled them and buttoned up the car within a few hours. Had the car realigned the following day, and I was quite proud of myself when it passed the inspection, since the arms alone would have set me back at least 1K euros to replace.

Took the car on a weekend trip from Barcelona to Segovia last Friday and the front end feels absolutely fantastic. Thanks for checking on my progress!
Old 11-04-2004, 08:14 PM
Travis - sflraver
Site Sponsor
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Just wanted to pop in and remind everyone that the sale ends tonight at Midnight (est.). If you need them, you should get them now because they will never be this cheap again.

I also wanted to thank everyone who ordered yesterday and today. I got most of the orders out but some of the ones that came in today will go out tomorrow. T shirt and decal packages will be sent out in about 2 weeks.
Old 11-04-2004, 09:25 PM
Riff
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Travis-

Put in an order earlier, but just thought of a question. What range of ride height is the track kit good for as I ordered the regular track kit? My car is stock now, but might not be so in the future, though I doubt I will drastically drop the car. Actually up here, for DE there is a 13" min ride height rule (from wheel well apex to wheel center) so I do not think I will go beyond that. Should I have ordered the GCK version? Does it work at regular ride height?

Thanks,
Old 11-04-2004, 11:03 PM
Travis - sflraver
Site Sponsor
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

The regular kit should be good up to about an inch. From 1"-2" the GCK kit would be the way to go. If you ever decide to go the lowered rout we can always upgrade you to the longer ball pins. Upgraded parts are always available separately to previous customers.
Another thing I have gotten a few questions about is the use of the GCK kit on a regular ride height car. Just to clear this up, the GCK kit is only for already lowered cars. Putting it on a stock ride height car will cause binding and disrupt the camber curve instead of fixing it.
Old 11-04-2004, 11:20 PM
Mike B
Done With Sidepatch
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Big bump...
Old 11-04-2004, 11:52 PM
Riff
Rennlist Member

Travis,

Thanks for the clarification! Looking forward to getting my kit. Thanks for the price break BTW!
Old 11-05-2004, 02:02 AM
Adam H
Pro

Ugh. Missed it.

Quick Reply: Rennbay ~ 944 Solid Bushing Ball Joint Kits / SALE ~ 2 Days Only!!