Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My accident for this month

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2004, 03:08 AM
NeedPorscheSpeed
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My goodness, Joseph! You just can't win, you poor guy... Here's to your luck improving as of right now!

Old 09-20-2005, 07:08 PM
josephsc
Race Car

Location: Albany, CA: celebrating 100 years of independence from Berkeley, CA
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by josephsc
Just doing an update of my monthly accident report:

July - someone backs into my 944: dents the nose panel (heck, I wanted a 931 nose panel anyways).

August - Friday the 13th -- someone pulls out right in front of my 968. After two months of insurance work, the car is declared a total.

September - the transmission on my 944 decides to eat itself (gave me an excuse to finally replace with an LSD tranny). Not an accident, but still required a tow truck.

October - (one week ago) someone backs into the driver-side of my SilverRose 944 turbo while parked on the street.

*new* November - (this morning) someone backs into the passenger-side of my SilverRose 944 turbo from a driveway, while I was in the car -- ironically, on the way to the bodyshop.

Christ, what else can go wrong?

On the brightside, no accident on a motorcycle -- AND this means I should be accident-free until at least the first of December. So nice to get that out of the way early in the month....
Well... I figure it's time to update my list of traffic accidents. What is it with all these drivers in Los Angeles? Don't people know how to drive around here?

Two weeks ago, a woman backed into my motorcycle while I was standing in traffic. She was backing out of a parking space and knocked me over. I couldn't get out of the way because traffic in front was blocked by a garbage truck and I didn't have reverse. Minor damage, but nothing major.

Then last night on my way home, I'm waiting at a red light on my motorcycle and I see this car approaching fast from behind -- not about to stop, even though it was a red light. I put the bike into gear to bolt out, but I didn't manage to take off. The bike gets kicked out from under me and I went up into the air (kinda like getting tackled from behind). Thankfully, my helmet and my backpack took the bulk of the impact -- I'm just scrached and bruised. The bike skids off half-way into the intersection. The car -- an old Toyota -- had its front end bented in real good and leaked coolant. The driver was clearly intoxicated or was on something.

And then, while we were starting to clear up the intersection and the mess, the driver takes off and slowly makes his getaway in his beaten up Toyota leaking coolant. Your classic SoCal drunk driver hit&run. I got his plates, got a couple of witnesses and filed a police report. It took over an hour for LAPD to respond, though. This was in South Central and they had a couple of shootings to investigate before they got around to my non-fatal hit&run.

I seriously can't believe my luck these days....

Since I'm adding to the list, I might as well add in the fact that back in December, my ex-GF left me for another man and took the 968 (and the two kittens). Ok, not a traffic accident, but still a loss involving a motor vehicle.

All this crap only happens in LA -- I think someone is trying to tell me something.
Old 09-20-2005, 07:27 PM
Zero10
Race Car

That's the kind of luck I had up here in Calgary last year. *knock on wood* I've now gone a year without any idiots hitting my vehicles. Previously I've had them hit in parking lots pretty hard multiple times, been rear ended 2x, side swiped 2x, etc.
It's kind of nice to know somebody else has this luck, and keep in mind, this will pass, and you will look back and laugh. Sooner or later this chain of crap will end.

That, or you'll move to a different city, lol.

Hopefully you aren't seriously injured as a result from any of this.
Last time a driver hit my car and tried to escape bad things happened to his car. I'd imagine that you were a little beat up to chase him down, smash his window, and take his keys during his slow getaway though.
Old 09-20-2005, 08:53 PM
elzergone
Pro

Wow...

You have my sympathy. As someone who has been the victim of several accidents not caused by me, AND just had my girlfriend leave me for someone else, I feel your pain

The upside is you havn't been killed or seriously hurt by anything yet.
Old 09-20-2005, 09:44 PM
ibkevin
Defending the Border
Rennlist Member

Rest In Peace

First off, everyone should know that phrases like "it can only get better" and "how much worse could it be?" only provoke the shadows. Never say them It's comparable to saying "I havn't had a speeding ticket in xx months".

It's good to hear you are pretty damn resilient but it seems like there is a lot more BS in your life than you need, not to mention you've missed a couple of good GTG's!

Joe, you know there was a very frustrated SD driver a few years ago that took my approach, you know, the one in the TANK!

Hope to see you around the campus...
Old 09-20-2005, 11:27 PM
vette4lyfe
Three Wheelin'

Joe, you need to get a POS car and not give a **** about it.. drive that around everyday and keep the bike and porsches for when you need them...

Last night one of my friends got hit by a guy with no license and no insurance..

sometimes i hate the people driving in socal.. im usually walking about 5 minutes to where i wanna go just because i park my cars across the parking lot where no morons can open their doors on me..

GOodluck..
Old 09-21-2005, 04:37 AM
josephsc
Race Car

Location: Albany, CA: celebrating 100 years of independence from Berkeley, CA

I think I'm just what they call "accident-prone". So, I've been loading up on all the additional coverage I can get for my insurance -- there are some great deals if you get into accidents frequently!

In the meantime, I'll start checking up eBay for used POS tanks. Here's one that might do: eBay link. It's even street legal!
Old 09-21-2005, 09:33 AM
MrZir
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by josephsc
In the meantime, I'll start checking up eBay for used POS tanks. Here's one that might do: eBay link. It's even street legal!
That would definatly need a seat upgrade, but you could turn the turret around for tailgaters.
Old 09-21-2005, 12:04 PM
testarossa_td
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

She took your totaled 968???

Move to Texas....plenty of wide open spaces...at least you have time to move when the drunks come up on you...

Quick Reply: My accident for this month