Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rocks spooky halloween story

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2004, 11:10 PM
Rock
Lazer Beam Shooter
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Rocks spooky halloween story

Well I just learned a spooky P-car ghost story in time for halloween.

My car used to be owned by an old man named Dave Ross (i even have receipts with his name on it). Well he was driving one night in the 944 when he suddenly had a heart attack and died in the car, buckled in the safety belt. The car went off the road (which explains why the hood, headlight covers and such were a different color underneath). Anyway the car was fixed and sat in the garage until his wife died, and now the car is in my hands.

Ive been in some freaky situations where ive come close to wrecking. Ive always thought that i've had somebody above watching over me and this P-car. Maybe there really is somebody up there...

Anyway, Happy Halloween!
Old 10-28-2004, 11:18 PM
Blue S2
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wild!
Old 10-28-2004, 11:22 PM
Travis - sflraver
Site Sponsor
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Rock
Ive always thought that i've had somebody above watching over me and this P-car. Maybe there really is somebody up there...
If that was the case don't you think they would have put a finger down to hold yoru hood on when you decided to take off the latch? How about the nose pannel, maybe they could have held that on as well.

You asked for it..
Old 10-28-2004, 11:48 PM
UDPride
Thinking outside da' bun...
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 470 Likes on 242 Posts

Go rent Christine.
Old 10-29-2004, 12:25 AM
Rock
Lazer Beam Shooter
Rennlist Member

Travis that was funny funny
Old 10-29-2004, 01:29 AM
pcarfan944
Burning Brakes

Received 70 Likes on 45 Posts

I'd sell that car, too spooky for me.

Anybody who likes Halloween and ghost stories, I highly recommend listening to Art Bell on 1500 AM Halloween night, usually on between 1100pm-1am. Basically a few hours of people calling in telling their own personal ghost stories, you'd be surprised what you hear. Very fun.
Old 10-29-2004, 08:46 AM
pete944
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Sounds like an urban legend.
Old 10-29-2004, 08:59 AM
tifosiman
Race Director

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

A week before last Halloween I had an all hands meeting at work and we had to say something about us that no one knew. When it came it this one guy, we'll call him Chuck, Chuck stood up and told everyone he was a professional clown. Well everything about this guy suddenly made sense, i.e. he constantly sucked air through his front teeth like he had food in them, he was EXTREMELY nice to the point of annoying, if he had to ask me a question and I was on the phone he would stand outside my cube till I got off (the longest he waited one time was 15min), he would constantly talk about stuff no one cared about(even if you weren't paying attention to him), he liked to talk to you while you were going to the bathroom, he would walk into my cube and let me know what he did at work that day AND to boot he was a weird looking guy. One other thing, he home taught his kid. Now not that that is a bad thing but since HE IS a clown it makes me wonder what exactly it is he's teaching his kid.
Anyway, the next week was Halloween, I dressed up as a cowboy, and when I walked in the office there was Chuck dressed up as a big freaky clown. Now Chuck was annoying to begin with but now he was "CHUCK THE BIG FREAKY ANNOYING CLOWN". Chuck made balloon animals and hats for everyone, juggled did magic and basically annoyed me all day. He also had a little squeaker in his pocket and squeaked that thing ALL DAY LONG. I told him if he didn't stop I would put that thing right up his butt and the only time we would hear a squeak is when he farted, an empty threat of course. Well needless to say he didn't stop, why should he, he's a clown for pete's sake, isn't it their job to irritate us? So I tried avoiding him all day, which was hard because we were the only two who dressed up so in his mind we were best friends.
Old 10-29-2004, 10:24 AM
RMills944
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Clowns are scary!
Old 10-29-2004, 01:14 PM
StoogeMoe
Rennlist Member

Received 124 Likes on 88 Posts

Talking about clowns. My friends and I were at the Meadowlands GP at Giants stadium in the early 90's and there was this clown driving around in his car. He was driving around like a madman through the parking lot and almost hit us. My friend yelled out, "Look out for that clown." We couldn't stop laughing the rest of the day.
Old 10-29-2004, 03:42 PM
Tony K
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Travis - sflraver
If that was the case don't you think they would have put a finger down to hold yoru hood on when you decided to take off the latch? How about the nose pannel, maybe they could have held that on as well.

You asked for it..

hmm... the mere fact that Rock is still alive is quite a testament itself...
Old 10-29-2004, 06:24 PM
Rock
Lazer Beam Shooter
Rennlist Member

They needed repainting anyway...
Old 10-29-2004, 06:57 PM
ACG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rock,

Sound like you need a fire extinguisher (for the car) and an oxygen tank / mask (for yourself...just in case) inside the car!!!
Old 10-29-2004, 07:22 PM
ahofam123
Burning Brakes

Today I saw a bumper sticker on the back of a Geo Metro that reminded me of Rock . . . "HONK IF PARTS FALL OFF"
Old 10-29-2004, 07:39 PM
mideastmafia
Three Wheelin'

About 3 years ago on Ocotber 30th, I was outside doing some yardwork when I found this stray poodle walking around in our culdesac. He had no idetification or collar and looked pretty dirty. I took him into our house, fed him, washed him, and had him stay in our garage that nite. The next day (halloween) I called 411 assistance to try to get the number to the local Humane Society and see if anyone had reported the dog missing.

I was greeted by the operator and asked her the number for the San Diego Humane Society. Without a moments delay she recited the number back to me as if it was written on the back of her hand. I said to her "Wow, you guys are really quick. I didn't even hear you going into your computer system."

She says to me: "I actually have the number memorized. I've been calling there back and forth all day trying to find my missing dog..."

I explain that I had found a lost dog, we talk a little bit, and it ends up the missing poodle was the exact same dog she was missing!! The lady lived about 4 miles away from me and her dog had been missing since the 28th.

Very freaky story. It even gives some people the chills when I tell it back to them.

SHAUN

Quick Reply: Rocks spooky halloween story