Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Cubby Gauge Panel

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2004 | 02:45 PM
Matt H
Race Director

OK, thanks for clearing that up. I will send you a PM with my email address. Thanks!!
Old 10-25-2004 | 05:45 AM
Eyal 951
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Greimann
Yea, I can do custom cutouts for the same price. I would need the dimensions of the hole you want cut and its relative location in the panel (centered, or to the left or right).

Anyone wanting to order one can go to the site in my signature or send me an email on any custom work.
Awsome, I'll get those dimensions to you, ans we'll see if we can get it done! I was really hoping I could find a quality one...
~Eyal
Old 10-25-2004 | 08:52 AM
Perry 951
Addict
Rennlist Member

That sure does look like a nice piece. $30 can't be beat.

Here's my question.... what are the chaces you can still mold in 1/2 of the storage area from the stock cubby for 1 gauge panels? You can see here my cobbled attempt at getting both. Let me know!

Old 10-25-2004 | 11:43 AM
Greimann
Advanced

For custom cutouts I have developed a blank PDF that you can print and mark up with your dimensions and then scan or fax back to me. Just send me an email so we can hook up. Or you can make your own drawing if that works too.

A full width panel is the only thing I am making. Trying to do more complicated version with storage and gauges is too labor intensive to be cost effective for anyone.
Old 10-26-2004 | 01:25 AM
Techno Duck
Nordschleife Master

I would like to add an oil pressure gauge into my '87 944 as the stock one on the gauge panel is very jumpy (probably due to a bad ground or something). I would like to add a more accurate gauge anyway, how would i go about hooking this up, can i tap into the stock sender? Also i could use a more accurate water temperature gauge as again, the gauge is very finnicky (jumps around) like the oil pressure gauge. How would i go about hooking up these gauges?

Also, what is another useful gauge to have. I question the usefullness of a/f gauge other than for cool blinking LED lights (something im trying to stray from). Anything else worth adding? Im not planning any major modifications that require constant eye of temperatures and pressure...but like to be 'in the know' as to whats going on infront of me.
Old 10-26-2004 | 03:14 AM
Perry 951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Techno Duck
I would like to add an oil pressure gauge into my '87 944 as the stock one on the gauge panel is very jumpy (probably due to a bad ground or something). I would like to add a more accurate gauge anyway, how would i go about hooking this up, can i tap into the stock sender? Also i could use a more accurate water temperature gauge as again, the gauge is very finnicky (jumps around) like the oil pressure gauge.
I would clean the connections on the gauge senders and make sure they are secure. If you still have jumpy gauges, clean grounds and check connections at the rear of the gauge cluster.
Old 10-28-2004 | 01:07 AM
Greimann
Advanced

I am about ready to make a batch of these things. If there are any more takers, I will be shipping on Friday. Just hit the link in my signature. Thanks for the orders so far!

Quick Reply: New Cubby Gauge Panel