Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Semi-OT: Car sale conflict; opinions anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2004, 09:26 PM
Mark Hubley
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Yeah, I'm not going to dignify his actions with any more responses.
Old 11-10-2004, 09:26 PM
Geo
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, I am not a lawyer, but I will say this. One thing I learned from The People's Court is to get your ducks in a row and document EVERYTHING. ASAP I would write down the chain of events as best you remember them. Collect all correspondence you have. Talk with the Bitters and document everything they can remember from the transaction including all pre-purchase correspondence and conversations. Lay it ALL out. If this turd goes to court, the more you have laid out the better. Sometimes decisions on such things come down to credibility. You need to establish credibility right out of the box. The more documentation you have and the more consistent it is, the better your chance of success. There are no points for second place here. You need to bury this turd from the openning wistle. And don't give him any hint of your game plan.
Old 11-11-2004, 11:00 AM
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 156 Likes on 98 Posts

First, your response was excellent. Based on my interpretation of the events from this thread, your response was polite, clear and logical.

Second, the above advice on ceasing any further communications and documenting the heck out of everything is excellent advice. This is a sad situation, because from the sounds of it, this is an excellent car that would have made many owners happy. Unfortunately, it did not seem to find the "right" owner.

It seems your good intentions to help what sounds like some nice, decent folks has resulted in your being dragged into a mess. I hope it works out fairly and quickly.

Best wishes.
Old 11-11-2004, 03:15 PM
Legoland951
Race Car

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I still think the guy has buyer's remorse maybe because he needs the money. From what is posted so far, he is not stating anything contrary to what you communicated to him in the past. It looks like an "after the purchase" negotiation tactic.
Old 11-11-2004, 03:36 PM
RMills944
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tell him to let you know next time he finds a car in that condition for $23k. He has no case here. People do this all the time on people's court and all those shows and without documentation he has no claim, much less, it's his responsibility to inspect the car- end of story. I bet that car would ahve sold for over $35k in that condition and he should know that being an avid collector. Why doesn't he give selling it a try? Someone will bite on the deal, and I bet even if he won in court, he'd take the car and sell it off in a few days and make money along with what he made in court. He's like a leach!
Old 11-11-2004, 03:37 PM
Jay W
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds to me like the buyer wants to squeeze $6000 to $8000 out of the sellers and then turn around to sell the car for $29000 and come out way ahead. The buyer could easily make an attempt to sell it for what he paid, then if he finds no interest in the car at that price, make an attempt to recoup the difference from the sellers ( even though he doesnt really deserve a dime from the sellers ). He doesnt sound like he is even thinking about re-selling the car.

Quick Reply: Semi-OT: Car sale conflict; opinions anyone?