Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Break-in UPDATED. window is NOW in.

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2004, 04:56 PM
Mongo
Official Bay Area Patriot
Fuse 24 Assassin
Rennlist Member

Received 119 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by Fishey
Chris that sucks...

I think we should all get shotguns load your car up with things like that should have value like subwoofers/cd-players/Xbox box/dvd player.. (note that this is all broken stuff) then what we do is wait around with shotguns and just sit around watching your car and when they go to steal the stuff we aproach them and call the cops. If they run I will shoot them in the leg or the chest all depends on if they have a gun.
Great idea! But, screw the shotgun, I'll go get my XM177 from the attic I hate vandals enough to hospitalize them for a very long time...
Old 10-20-2004, 05:23 PM
ahofam123
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ouch. Unfortunately, I know all too well what it feels like to find your car looking like that. I hope that they didn't take anything of value.

Do you have an alarm on the car? A simple alarm like this one http://7925.adahost.com/computer/item14215.html could help to deter future thieves and will give you a slight discount on your insurance.

My nissan truck has been broken into twice during the past two years. I didn't have the alarm the first time, so they made off with a cd player that only worked half the time (thankfully they used a slim jim and left the windows intact). For the second break in, the thieves cracked the window, but were scared off by the alarm before they even finished breaking the window.
Old 10-20-2004, 05:42 PM
Wade B
Cleveland Rocks
Rennlist Member

Received 63 Likes on 48 Posts

You know, Chris, this really blows in the worst way. Not so much the contents being gone, but in talking to you, knowing what you have been through with your car, the places you've been in it, the mileage you have put on it. the good times you've had, and then to see it "defiled" like this. I know it all sounds overly dramatic, but that is how I would feel about anyone's car that I've met or even heard about here on Rennlist. I'm sure a lot of people here feel the same way, but you know how it is with us SOW guys (and gals). I'm pretty much a pacifist, don't even own a gun, but sometimes the line gets crossed, ya' know? That said, I totally disagree with Fishey's idea because................

BARE HANDS IN A CASE LIKE THIS WOULD FEEL MUCH BETTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I already had planned to start hitting the gym again this week. I use instances like this to help give me more "drive".......
Old 10-20-2004, 06:25 PM
Fishey
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Ok, I have revised my plan useing Wades suggestions...

I will get my SAIGA-12 (Semi Auto) OSS Elite5 useing 3"magnum 1-1/2oz slugs in the 12round clip! (Gun/Ammo/clip uber uber rare)http://club.guns.ru/eng/sig12/4.htm (Mine is wood stock and is pistol grip that is the OSS make and the Elite5 refers to the pistol grip/short barel arangment) Everyone else can use whatever gun they want. As before will will load up the car will goodies and wait for the theif. (I suggest we let the thief break into the car again before executeing our plan) This time however we will all surround the thief but instead of calling the cops we will let chris beat the thief untill he gets tired. Then call the cops and explain that the guy was breaking into the car and chris saw him and subdued the criminal. Then the rest of us say we came out when we heard the struggle.
I think this plan is good......
Old 10-20-2004, 08:03 PM
xsboost90
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

that sucks dude. Someone busted out a window in my eclipse one time just for the hell of it i guess. Didnt take anything but it makes ya paranoid.
Old 10-20-2004, 08:07 PM
Jason_86_951
Drifting

If you end up needing the whole door, let me know I've got a couple. Not red but hella cheap. I'll be unable to ship untill after the 7th though. Let me know if you still need one by then.
Sorry about your car,
Jason
Old 10-20-2004, 08:12 PM
GOBOGIE
Budding Photographer
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Totally blows Chris. We've all been there... feels like you've been personally violated.

Happen'd to my '83 Rx-7, only 5 weeks after I graduated high school. I just put in a CD player too. I was devistated to say the least. I swore revenge, but we all know we'll never catch the guys.

Sorry
Old 10-20-2004, 08:26 PM
Manning
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Happened to my old Taurus and my F150, one in Savannah, the other Atlanta.

Chris, if your coming up this weekend for the charity ride I have a driver's side window you can take back with you.
Old 10-20-2004, 08:27 PM
tod84944
Drifting

Chris,
If you can't find a widow close, let me know. I have 2 of them in good shape. I can ship it Greyhound, which will be a lot cheaper, and it will get there quicker.
I have 3 sets of glass, except the windshield, if anyone else needs any.
toddandcharity@peoplepc.com
Todd
Old 10-20-2004, 09:01 PM
CJF
Advanced

I can't add anything than what's already been said: Very sorry to hear about your car, Chris. I saw it unmolested a few weeks back and it's a great set of wheels. Having your car vandalized is upsetting. Looks like you have a few good leads for parts--hope it's back together in no time!
Old 10-20-2004, 09:08 PM
nineeagles
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bad news Chris.....sorry here, too.......I also have an extra window if needed.....I would like to hang on to it but if ya don't find one closer, let me know.......I know how ya feel....I just got my baby back together after the big deer mishap.....
Old 10-20-2004, 10:41 PM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 110 Likes on 80 Posts

Hang out with me one night and a little of my karma rubs off!

When it happens to me it's the whole car.

Good luck getting it back together pronto.
Old 10-20-2004, 11:29 PM
Chris_924s
Nerd Herder
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks all. New window going in tomorrow night, Andy has a spare we can put in thankfully. Hopefully the interior will dry out some tomorrow, carpets are thoroughly wet- driver's seat is still very moist.

ALSO, it's time to get new Ohio plates (I was reminded today from the local PD during our visit) and vacuum all the floor glass up at the self serve car wash tomorrow am.

Now I get to source out new speakers.

It's not bad Karma- I's actually surprised it took this long. I kepot the OEM stereo cuz I always figured noone would actually want to kipe it.
Old 10-20-2004, 11:54 PM
volv4life
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

maybe the thief had some tapes and didnt know what they went too ?
Old 10-21-2004, 04:30 AM
Legoland951
Race Car

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

This happened to me 3 times in 2 different 951s in the last 24 month. I am about to have a sign by the passenger window saying "please break the quarter glass or the driver side. I am running low on my supply of passenger door glass. Thanks".

Quick Reply: Break-in UPDATED. window is NOW in.