Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car instantly died!

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2004, 12:13 AM
silverBean
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car instantly died!

I had just dropped my sister off at her dance class 15 to 5. I pull out of the parking lot,onto a main street and nothing. Instantly dead. The guy behind me was nice enough to bolt out of his car as soon as my emergency lights went on and pushed me into the parking lot. Thatsaid i pop the hood, check fuses, good. Then move to the front of the car and look at the belts, fine. Then i just look the wire from the center of the distributor MELTED off!!!! I porcceded to have the last ciggarette from my pack after that. The only place open at that time who would have the part, Scottsdale Porsche. If you live in arizonba i was off germann and alma school. Luckily my dad works about 20 minutes from it so i called him and he headed over. HE got there at 5:59!!! so he brought down the part and all si well and good. It just scared me cuz i was thinking something else may have gone wrong. Apparently the cap was arched(sp) and it just got too hot. Now that i got a new one in, and about 80 bux poorer, running smooth!! Has anyone else had this happen to them?
Old 10-19-2004, 12:14 AM
Mighty Shilling
Wax On, Wax Off
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

nope. glad to hear ya got it fixed though
Old 10-19-2004, 03:47 AM
faithless
Pro

Glad to hear you got that fixed. I live in Scottsdale.
Do you by any chance go to ASU? I usually see a black or red 944 in the lots when I'm down there. I'm looking for a 944 Turbo right now, getting really frustrated at the lack thereof in the AutoTrader...
Old 10-19-2004, 04:36 PM
silverBean
Burning Brakes

No i go to corona del sol high school in tempe. Most likely going to U of A next year. Yeah it took a while to find my na, autotrader wasn't a good plave either. There was an 83 in terrible conditioin, i mean one pistion wasn't even firing, and they wanted 4k for it!! I found mine on a dealership lot off of van buren, i was lucky that it had a clean record and meticulous records kept in the cart. best of luck and happy hunting!!
Old 10-19-2004, 04:47 PM
Eyal 951
Nordschleife Master

you arizona guys, what do you think of U of A, Im thinking of transferring there for fall of next year... actually, my brother goes there right now, though this is his first semester... you think going to school with your brother is a good or bad idea, we are both very close.
~Eyal
Old 10-20-2004, 04:53 AM
faithless
Pro

U of A is a good school. A lot of people go down there even when they live right near Tempe where ASU is.
Last week was a great one for ASU tho! A prof in the business college (W.P. Carey) just won the Nobel prize. And in the same week we hosted the last presidential debate!! Talk about worldwide coverage. Can't say U of A was in on any of that!
But I really don't know that much about U of A, I'm going to ASU because it allows me to still live at home. There is no way I could own a car and do the work myself if I lived somewhere without a garage or my own driveway. It would be WAY too expensive for me to take it down to a dealer or a shop, and quite franky I'm really turned off at either option right now.
<NOPF!!!!!

What is your major?

computer systems engineer (CSE)
Old 10-20-2004, 05:07 PM
silverBean
Burning Brakes

Did you hear what the Dean of ASu did for the debates though? If anyone wanted to protest or speak their voices, the had designated areas, far from gammage. So much for our right to assemble... But yeah, i life like 10 minutes from ASU and i'm going to UofA, its just my car, i dont wanna sell it when i go. I wont be able to afford maintaining it and tuition, plus a place to live. I don't need food though, just shoot up some good ol 91 octane, that'll keep my going...

Quick Reply: Car instantly died!