Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Accident...totaled

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2004, 02:52 PM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 105 Likes on 78 Posts
Thumbs up

:
Originally Posted by rpm's S2
You know, its threads like this that caused me to let my Rennlist membership lapse and lurk more than post. Every once in a while I go to rejoin, wanting to support John and his efforts. Then one of these threads show up and I leave for a few weeks.

A fellow owner posts the details of an upsetting and life-threatening event, hoping for some advice and solace - and you morons turn it into a catfight about Sport Utility Vehicles. Hell, a Corolla probably would have totaled his car in that accident!

This board used to be full of information, humor, and support.
Some of those people are still here, a few more have joined, but some of you are just annoying fools looking for a soapbox.

Just one guy's opinion. Don't bother to flame me - I'm not listening.
:cheers
Old 10-08-2004, 01:38 AM
black944 turbo
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Tim, I am so sorry to here about this. I was realy looking forward to meeting you and seeing the car. Good luck on finding a new one and I hope we all get together again soon.
Old 10-08-2004, 02:32 AM
Mongo
Official Bay Area Patriot
Fuse 24 Assassin
Rennlist Member

Received 117 Likes on 62 Posts

damn Blood Raven... I'm so sorry man... I know exactly how you feel. I have known you since I first joined this board and have loved looking at your car everytime I came on here. It's a real shame what happens in this world and the curse we have on some of us. I"m really sorry man. It defnitely will be a total for sure. It's time to start looking for another 951.

But, be glad you are alive. Especially if you got hit that hard....be always glad. Although sometimes I wish I wasn't when it happened to me.
Old 10-08-2004, 03:45 PM
Carrera51
Rennlist Member

Received 229 Likes on 136 Posts

Tim:
Here's one for sale you may be interested in. In the D.C Area, Black on Black, 79K miles 2 sets of wheels. (No affiliation with the seller, just came across it while doing a little window shopping). Ad says $7.5K OBO

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...0165&aff=wpost
Old 10-09-2004, 03:34 AM
Dilberto
Drifting

Received 50 Likes on 44 Posts

Wow- it just appears that the expression of ideas here on Rennlist has gone out-of-proportion. The former "theme" is now more like a battle-of-wills, and of self esteem, machismo, etc.....what-ever!!!

I realize this board has alot more testosterone content than of past. What I mean by that hormonal imbalance is that more younger, male Porsche owners are proud of their unique rides today. I hate so sound like some Protocol Ambassdor- but dont kick a fellow man when he is down....if there is nothing NICE or APPROPRIATE to say...choose to say nothing.

Tim, your event happened for some grand reason. Over ride the shock and pain this caused to uncover the ulterior purpose. And, when its found, trust me- your definition of CRISIS will change forever....

Best Of Luck!
Complete the cycle- turn this NEGATIVE back to a POSITIVE!

Quick Reply: Accident...totaled