Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2004, 09:06 PM
Der Cupmeister
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CENTRAL CAL IMPROMPTU WEEKEND PARTY ....................

Ok, I am officially groveling for some physical/moral support. A couple of you guys know this is not directed at you (Dan, Jerry...not to mention anyone) . I really need to get the '89 back together this weekend. The new rear main is in and I "think" all my ducks (parts) are lined up .
The wife has gone for the weekend to a fancy-shmancy golf resort on the north coast (Sea Ranch) while I stay at home and try to keep a day old kitten alive (her mother was extremely traumatized as a C-section was required and so far is refusing to care for the kitten) and yes, I am a big softy and could give a crap what anyone thinks. Candy did not go willingly but the weekend is a chance to see some friends she has known for nearly 50 years and I did not want her to miss them.
I will be reassembling the drive train on the '89 from the rear main seal back. I have a tenacious infection that has knocked my white cell count into the basement and I cannot physically handle several of the pieces that must go back in. The work is already underway (albeit solo) and will continue till done or an unsurmountable hitch rears it's ugly head. If I have to spend the next 72 hours under the car it will get done (I may not be in top form at the moment but I am too stupid to throw in the towel). As usual, food, beverages, sofa bed, RV pad, etc.. are provided.
So, get off your lazy ***** and get out here !!!!! 8^}

Jim Cooper
Der Cupmeister

1-209-239-9465 Manteca, CA easy access to 99 and I-5
Old 10-01-2004, 09:09 PM
GOBOGIE
Budding Photographer
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm in... wait a minute... OK just forget it (realizes your in CA) :-)
Old 10-01-2004, 09:09 PM
GOBOGIE
Budding Photographer
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just California dreamin'
Old 10-01-2004, 11:43 PM
Der Cupmeister
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

When we get a new scanner I will post a photo from the first ever bay area pizza run. Actually there was no pizza, just lots of fun driving. Only 3 cars showed up.
Two '84s and John Pohls beautiful '89 Turbo (sold now for 928 money) The '84s were both veteran road warriors with the scars to back it up. John and Bill Underwood left me in the dust many times that day with Bill's na seeming to have a lot more power than my '84 which left me wondering just what might have been done under the hood and still pass CAL smog laws .... 8^}
Old 10-02-2004, 12:08 AM
hitbyastick
Three Wheelin'

manteca?
i'm not knowledgable of the 944, but i'm a decent mechanic, and would like to help. Let me check my work shedule and maybe I'll drive out there.
Old 10-02-2004, 12:47 AM
dme
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I hope someone out that way can help you out. Wish I was in the neighborhood. Whenever I'm having a particularly bad time working on my car then I think back to the original Cooper Cup saga, smile. and figure it is not so bad. Good luck! Someone help this man. He has paid his dues.
Old 10-02-2004, 01:26 AM
KuHL 951
Hey Man
Rennlist Member

Received 182 Likes on 107 Posts

Jim,
I'm not sure how much help I can give you but here's what I've got going. I'm picking up some CCW's in Livermore at 11:00. We need to trial fit them and strip the tires so I can fit them in the car. I figure I would be coming back through Manteca at about 1:30. I could help until about 5 or so before my SO claims me for rest of the day. I'm doing my first 944 clutch in the next few weeks and would like to learn some more from someone who's done it before. It's not much to offer timewise but I'm no stranger to a wrench. E-mail me or give me a call if you think it will help.

Steve
916 685-7409
sburke45@comcast.net
Old 10-02-2004, 02:04 PM
Der Cupmeister
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

If you can make it out it will be appreciated. I think the technical side is covered I just need help positioning heavy objects and someone who knows what a wrench is and how to use it.....8^} A guy from Sacramento is going to try and stop by between 1:00 and 3:00 and can hang around for a couple of hours and another guy (strictly muscle) is coming by this evening about 7:00.

thanks !! 209-239-9465 9109 E. Lathrop Road Manteca

if you come out, go south on 580 instead of taking 205 through Tracy due to traffic problems even on the weekends now. Take 132 east towards Modesto then
north on I-5 about 10 miles or so to Lathrop Road. Take a right at the bottom of the ramp and it is probably 4 miles to our place. It is on the left, next door to a brick fire station. Diamond sign with old time firetruck is just before our place.

Quick Reply: HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!