Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Post your desktop pic

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2004, 04:44 PM
boffam
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any F1 fans on the board?

I toggle between this one and the engine compartment of Fishey's incredible S2 .
Old 09-23-2004, 04:48 PM
Sasquatch
Instructor

Mine

On one computer:

On the other:

Old 09-23-2004, 05:32 PM
NeedPorscheSpeed
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Beautiful Siamese there, Sasquatch!
Old 09-23-2004, 05:46 PM
MichelleJD
Jane Bond 007
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 28 Likes on 17 Posts

Awwwwww....... Gorgeous cats!
Old 09-23-2004, 05:51 PM
Sasquatch
Instructor

In liew of looking totally gay.... Those two girls are my babies. Porsche content.... The Tabby is named Portia (pronounced "Porsche") and I lobbied for the Siamese to be named either Carrera or Cayenne, but my wife insisted on Mocha.
Old 09-23-2004, 05:56 PM
Geo
Race Director

Originally Posted by JediAgent
Geo, whats Ad-Aware SE? How is that different from 6.0? Also, I've never used Opera, is it better or worse than Firefox? How so?
Ad-Aware SE is the latest version. It's available for free for a personal license just like 6.0 was. It's better. Caught a few things 6.0 didn't catch and can scan deeper.

I really like Opera. I used to use NeoPlanet, but when I got the new computer last year it wasn't available for download. As I started using Opera I got to like it much better. I have it configured to only allow pop-ups that I specifically ask for. It's not 100% perfect in this regard, but I'd say it's 99.99% perfect. That alone makes me a real fan. As for comparison to Firefox, I can't say. I just loaded Firefox and haven't really used it yet.

You didn't ask, but I can't say enough about Eudora Pro. I've been using it for years and last year I bought a license (eliminates the small ads) and I would NEVER use MS Outhouse. Outhouse sucks.
Old 09-23-2004, 05:58 PM
Geo
Race Director

Originally Posted by Sasquatch
In liew of looking totally gay.... Those two girls are my babies. Porsche content.... The Tabby is named Portia (pronounced "Porsche") and I lobbied for the Siamese to be named either Carrera or Cayenne, but my wife insisted on Mocha.
Hehe. I had a friend with cats named Enzo and Dino.
Old 09-23-2004, 06:05 PM
Rich Sandor
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

My cat's name is Targa.
Old 09-23-2004, 06:10 PM
boffam
Advanced

Originally Posted by Sasquatch
I wanted to name our daughter Portia...vetoed!!!
Old 09-23-2004, 07:37 PM
Lousailor
Addict
Rennlist Member

I got this one off the Spec-Miata site:
Attached Images  
Old 09-23-2004, 07:40 PM
Campeck
Campeck Rulez
Rennlist Member

WHOA!
our cats name is portia to! but we usually just call it "kitty" or "little ****"

Attached Images  
Old 09-23-2004, 09:00 PM
JediAgent
Racer

Originally Posted by Geo
You didn't ask, but I can't say enough about Eudora Pro. I've been using it for years and last year I bought a license (eliminates the small ads) and I would NEVER use MS Outhouse. Outhouse sucks.
I've used Eudora and like it, but as of yet i haven't had a need for an email client program. I just moved from my college email address to a gmail account, but don't know if gmail is setup to allow email clients either. I will be setting up email accounts for the business soon, though i hope to use that as little as possible, since i believe im better in person

The only reason i asked about Ad-Aware is that i use it on a daily basis. I have yet to use SE, but then again i need to update my tools anyway. I used Opera a LONG time ago when i had my slackware machine running, but have since used IE, and now Firefox. I love firefox though i think the tab area could be redesigend so as to almost force one instance of the program for all simultaneously viewed webpages, similiar to the way MYie works. Its nice to see someone using superior FREE programs instead of this M$ garbage.

Though if i could give you some advise i'd recommend losing ALL the Norton stuff for a physical router/firewall box and a better anti-virus. Also, HP's Photo and Imaging software is better than Kodak's Share program. And of course, you can get rid of the Dell pre-package programs.

$.02

EDIT
Campeck. I think "little ****" is a great name for almost any pet. One can also differentiate by going by characteristics aswell... i.e. "little ****" "big ****" "dumb ****" "quiet ****" - you get the idea. My mom has ****zu's, and as much as i love them since i helped raise them, whenever i go to visit i always call them "little ****ters" ... heck, i even call my Irish Setter that lives with her, but is really my dog "big ****ter"

I just think campeck brought to our attention a good point that all should ponder.

Last edited by JediAgent; 09-23-2004 at 09:16 PM.
Old 09-23-2004, 10:49 PM
Geo
Race Director

Its nice to see someone using superior FREE programs instead of this M$ garbage.
Yeah, I HATE Microshaft and its products. It's just hard to get away from them. If I didn't need Excel and Word for work I'd use Lotus 1-2-3 and Wordperfect or Open Office (a free alternative to M$ Office).

Though if i could give you some advise i'd recommend losing ALL the Norton stuff for a physical router/firewall box and a better anti-virus. Also, HP's Photo and Imaging software is better than Kodak's Share program. And of course, you can get rid of the Dell pre-package programs.
I don't use HP or Kodak for my imaging needs. I use Paintshop Pro. The only thing I use the Kodak software for is downloading from my camera.

I'm interested in hearing more about your views of the Norton software. I run a wireless router, but I imagine this is not what you're driving at.
Old 09-23-2004, 11:07 PM
jabbadeznuts
Race Car

So clean

Old 09-23-2004, 11:08 PM
Dave in Chicago
Rennlist Member

Received 258 Likes on 167 Posts

Always looking to relive the latest weekend fun...
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Post your desktop pic