Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I need Pics of IceShark Battery CAble kit installed....

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2004, 04:38 PM
mdex
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I PDF'd the document... 500K now. I will post it shortly, but if anyone else wants to host it as well let me know and I will send you this version... (Thanks to Andre for the write up)
Old 09-20-2004, 05:36 PM
elf89
Pro

Wow, 500K? You must have a much more efficient .pdf writer than I do. Mine (PDF995 which is free) only got it down to 7MB (down from 11 in Word). I was going to post it on my page temporarily, but at 500K I'll leave it there permanently. If you want to e-mail to me, eelfner'at'execpc.com, I'll put it up as well.

And I echo thanks to Andre for the write-up!
Old 09-20-2004, 05:40 PM
elf89
Pro

Damian & Brett,

I read Andre's write-up, and it looks like we did everything correctly. The only question is that the 'starter to alternator' cable has the inline 175 amp fuse at one end, and the fused end is supposed to be at the starter. I suspect we did it right because I don't think we could have threaded the thicker, fused end under the manifold. I'm due for an oil change so I'll confirm it's right next time I'm under there. Thanks again!

The other thing I noticed in the write-up is there seems to be a lot more plumbing in the way on a turbo. Andre removed the manifold AND drained the coolant to make it work.
Old 09-20-2004, 08:43 PM
Cass944
Drifting

yeah the turbo engine bay is very crowded. we barely had to take anything off other than the air box, and that takes about 30 seconds to get off.
Old 09-20-2004, 08:59 PM
ELLSSUU
Geaux Tigers!
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

Is the write up posted yet? If so where?

Otherwise, someone please email me, thanks.
Old 09-20-2004, 11:33 PM
IceShark
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm glad you guys are sorting out posting Andre's instructions. If you need some disc space I must have some on Rennlist as a member and you can use that.

Andre did a pretty exacting install as that is his nature. For example, you don't need to pull the intake manifold but it certainly gives you a chance to check things out and replace old vacuum lines.

Elf, you probably did the starter to alternator cable correct. The fused end makes a large hard spot you can feel under the fiberglass sleeve. I'm not sure you could install that end on the alternator stud and route it nice and clean without cursing a blue streak. You would have remembered that part of the install.
Old 09-21-2004, 04:22 AM
led
Three Wheelin'

I was just browsing Paragon's tech articles site and on top of this page, there's a link to "Donate an article". So, why not ask our new forum sponsor if they can host this write up with the other tech articles?
Old 09-21-2004, 11:09 AM
elf89
Pro

Edit: Never mind what I just said. mdex sent me the .pdf he created, which is a mere 500k! What .pdf software did you use to get it so small? Nice work! It's on my website now and as long as Andre and Marc are OK with it, I can just leave it there.

Andre's Iceshark Battery Cable Upgrade Writeup

Good luck! My only tip is to find some guys like Damian and Brett to help you install it.
Old 09-21-2004, 11:37 AM
macnewma
Addict
Rennlist Member

That is one helluva write up. Did you do one for the light kit?

Max
Old 09-21-2004, 11:43 AM
elf89
Pro

Originally Posted by IceShark
I'm not sure you could install that end on the alternator stud and route it nice and clean without cursing a blue streak. You would have remembered that part of the install.
I do remember some cursing when Brett was trying to get both cables on the starter, so I bet we've got the right end on too.
Old 09-21-2004, 11:48 AM
951Porschiste
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by macnewma
That is one helluva write up. Did you do one for the light kit?

Max
Not yet. Coming soon...
Old 09-21-2004, 11:54 AM
IceShark
Nordschleife Master

Luis, that is an idea but I think Paragon, or Pelican for that matter, is more interested in having repair articles that require parts that they can sell to the readers. They are not gunning to unseat Clark's Garage as the foremost repair guide that asks for nothing in return.

Elf, as I said we could put it in my Rennlist disc space as I don't use that or even know where it is. I'm pretty ignorant on this server stuff. But we could have John or Jenn transfer it over and be done with it.

Danno may also have some free space on his GuruRacing web site. That would probably be the best solution as he has the lighting stuff on his site already and makes passing reference to the battery cables.

It is sort of a shame that a couple hundred battery cable packages are now out there and installed without benefit of Andre's fine writeup and pictures. That took a lot of time and effort to put together.
Old 09-21-2004, 12:01 PM
Granite 944
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great write up Andre!

I saved the doc to my puter, and hope to be able to get a full boat setup from Iceshark sometime in the future, after I get most of these other "restore" issues handled. I'll be watching for your writeup on the lighting kit also! Thanks!
Old 09-21-2004, 12:18 PM
elf89
Pro

I signed up for web space on Rennlist and only got 200k (1/5 of a mb). Perhaps John would be willing to up yours if I cede mine since we don't use it for anything else. Seems logical that the writeups for your products should be under the Iceshark name. If I can figure out how to e-mail him, I'll ask.

Eric
Old 09-21-2004, 12:24 PM
IceShark
Nordschleife Master

Andre, did you take pictures and notes when you installed the FullBoat headlight package? I'm building another 30 packages right now and they will be ready whenever the cargo ship finally reaches a US port and off loads the lenses. I've been hearing this cargo ship story for over a month now. Actually, August 5th was my first introduction to this new Bull$hit line. Would be nice to have your take on the writeup to help the folks install.

You really have done quite a service to the Porsche community.

Quick Reply: I need Pics of IceShark Battery CAble kit installed....