Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help!! INTERIOR IS DESTROYED!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2004, 09:04 AM
hoffman912
The Hoffinator
Rennlist Member

Received 40 Likes on 37 Posts

ok, how about this.

straight regular paint thinner, a green scrub pad you can get from the grocery store, and go to town.
Old 09-15-2004, 09:04 AM
Predator
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone that is this stupid deserves what he gets. Jezzzzzzzzzzzzzz. I don't hang here much anymore because of this kind of crap. And when I do check in, its getting worse! Stupid, immature kids, with zero mechanical, or common sense who buy the 944 for the brand name, then don't have a clue as to what they have! Who in the hell is this dumb to paint their interior with enamel ? Come on, man. What were you smokin' ? I think the real enthusiasts need to get back here and run these punks off the 'list' ! Go buy a Yugo ! Damn !
Old 09-15-2004, 09:16 AM
hoffman912
The Hoffinator
Rennlist Member

Received 40 Likes on 37 Posts

pred, i agree, but still you were young and did dumb things once right? but you learned from wiser people, and you grew..

i know ive done alot of ****ed up things.. but i learned, and now i dont do as many ****ed up things (we all **** up time to time).

needless to say.. we should at least try to help these guys and teach them what to do so they dont contuinue to **** up.. right?
Old 09-15-2004, 09:42 AM
tifosiman
Race Director

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 89PorscheTurboMobile
My car's intereior was in pieces the other week, and I THOUGHT this would be a good opportunity for me to repaint all my faded black leather.
So, I used some general flat black enamel paint (DON'T ASK WHY ) and it looked great for the first day, but now, everything is faded, peeling off, and scratched up!!!!
I am soo pissed!!! What products can I use to cover up that old paint and add a new coat of glossy paint?? Man! My interior is F-ed up!! My doorpanels, center counsole, dashboard, the rear 1/4 panel panels holding the rear speakers, everything!
Please let me know what I can do to fix this??
Is this a joke or a real post? Would someone really do this?

If it isn't a joke, I'm certain some Armor-all will fix it, and while you are at it, make certain you go ahead and lather a whole bunch of it onto your tire treads. I would make a day of it and pour some sand in your intake to clean out the cylinders while you are at it. Lastly, if you still have a little bit of time left in your day, you could remove the rear brakes to shed a little weight.
Old 09-15-2004, 09:47 AM
Travis - sflraver
Site Sponsor
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Predator
Come on, man. What were you smokin' ? I think the real enthusiasts need to get back here and run these punks off the 'list' ! Go buy a Yugo ! Damn !
Oh well, at least he didn't do something really stupid like try to put a small block where the real engine is supposed to be.
Old 09-15-2004, 09:48 AM
Tony K
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Spray painting the interior is not as bad as putting a chevy motor in it.

(edit - oops, posted same thing same time as Travis)
Old 09-15-2004, 09:53 AM
Travis - sflraver
Site Sponsor
Lifetime Rennlist

Great minds think alike..
Old 09-15-2004, 11:06 AM
Jeremy Himsel
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by tifosiman
If it isn't a joke, I'm certain some Armor-all will fix it, and while you are at it, make certain you go ahead and lather a whole bunch of it onto your tire treads. I would make a day of it and pour some sand in your intake to clean out the cylinders while you are at it. Lastly, if you still have a little bit of time left in your day, you could remove the rear brakes to shed a little weight.
Just painting the rotors and calipers with the same paint would make it all match.
Old 09-15-2004, 11:11 AM
tifosiman
Race Director

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeremy Himsel
Just painting the rotors and calipers with the same paint would make it all match.
Good point!

And while we are handing out some good advice, here's some more:

That green stuff leaking out of the front of you car is a mystery. I would ignore it, because it will probably eventually stop leaking all on it's own. Also, I really don't see any harm in driving around with the latch for your hood panel removed and the nose panel for the car unbolted.
Old 09-15-2004, 11:20 AM
Travis - sflraver
Site Sponsor
Lifetime Rennlist

Who needs a hood latch. The down force from the air moving over it should keep it down... or will it suck it upward... oh I forget. Maybe someone can shed some light on this for us... Rock?

Old 09-15-2004, 11:26 AM
KuHL 951
Hey Man
Rennlist Member

Received 183 Likes on 108 Posts

I've done my manual sunroof conversion so it opens from the front, now I don't need to charge the AC with hydrogen...do you think I should put a strap on it, just in case?
Old 09-15-2004, 11:28 AM
Peckster
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by StupEd05
you might also want to try Naptha (spelling?). Its a VERY strong plastic cleaner that might work with vinyl (NOT leather!). Whatever you end up trying, DEFINITELY make sure you test it on an inconspicuous place to make sure its not going to ruin it even more. (Im sure you knew that)
You must be joking about using naptha, right?

If so, it's a dangerous joke because some people might not get it and actually try using naptha as a cleaning solvent, which could result in them losing their lives when the interior of their car is enveloped in flash flames. Naptha is also known as white gas.

Do NOT use naptha as a cleaning solvent, especially in an enclosed place. A spark from switch could easily ignite it.

As for the lead post, this must be a joke. I figure Campeck must have worked his way through his homework early.
Old 09-15-2004, 12:05 PM
Jeremy Himsel
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 2Tight
I've done my manual sunroof conversion so it opens from the front
NASCAR roof flaps......How cool!
Old 09-15-2004, 12:20 PM
Tony K
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Peckster
As for the lead post, this must be a joke. I figure Campeck must have worked his way through his homework early.

Yes, the chances of someone owning a Turbo S and being that dumb are pretty slim.
Old 09-15-2004, 12:38 PM
KuHL 951
Hey Man
Rennlist Member

Received 183 Likes on 108 Posts

Maybe John could require a simple Entrance Exam for prospective members. I'm sure we could all provide some sample questions to weed out the unworthy. I'll start with a few:
1. How many jack stands/cinder blocks does it take to support a 944 on a soggy lawn;
2. Are the other 4 lug nuts there just for looks;
3. Will 20" Dubs rub

Quick Reply: Help!! INTERIOR IS DESTROYED!!!!!!