Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Well, I finally did it!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2004, 02:34 AM
Kevin Baker
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats on the purchase. Good to have another 'lister in Houston. If you need anything, feel free to call me. Work 281 370 8333. Spring/1960 area.
Old 09-17-2004, 04:46 AM
NeedPorscheSpeed
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congratulations, Jeff! I hope you enjoy many miles in your new toy. I look forward to seeing your pictures.
Old 09-17-2004, 10:03 AM
littlejt1
Racer

Thanks!! I'm already enjoying it and haven't even had the chance to do anything (clean up) really to it.

BTW...are the TX Greaseslingers an actual club? Brian...can you elaborate please? If so I'd certainly like to be a part of the group!
-Jeff
Old 09-17-2004, 10:29 AM
Red1
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by littlejt1
BTW...are the TX Greaseslingers an actual club? Brian...can you elaborate please? If so I'd certainly like to be a part of the group!
-Jeff
Nope. Just a bunch of gearheads that get together and climb under cars. Anybody that wants to get dirty is more than welcome anytime. We came up with a name last year when I was kidding around about "Have tools will travel".

We're a loose bunch, and we rarely get everybody together at the same time. Sometimes only one or two guys are available to lend a hand, sometimes you'll see a bigger group. When the host offers food, there always seems to be a better turnout.

Some of the guys are more experienced than others, but that hasn't stopped anybody from just hanging out. Some of the cars are getting to be in better shape, so there's been fewer wrenching sessions lately.

We exiled a couple guys. We sent PeteL to Florida as chief hurricane inspector, and Matt H moved to Chicago to find us better pizza.

I'll let you know if anything comes up. In fact, anybody up for karting tomorrow night?
Old 09-17-2004, 10:46 AM
Geo
Race Director

Originally Posted by Red1
We're a loose bunch
Talking about our screws?

and we rarely get everybody together at the same time. Sometimes only one or two guys are available to lend a hand, sometimes you'll see a bigger group. When the host offers food, there always seems to be a better turnout.

Some of the guys are more experienced than others, but that hasn't stopped anybody from just hanging out. Some of the cars are getting to be in better shape, so there's been fewer wrenching sessions lately.
Going to be one at my house very soon now. The engine is out of the G20 and I'm going to remove the interior over the weekend. Today I'm going to try to arrange to get it picked up early next week. I'll need a day in the garage to detail the BMW and then the 944 goes in to get the engine and suspension dropped.

In fact, anybody up for karting tomorrow night?
Dang. I have a party to go to tomorrow night. I won't be able to make it.
Old 09-17-2004, 11:49 AM
littlejt1
Racer

I'm up for karting...get a hold of Jeff C.
I'll call Jason...may see him later this afternoon.

As for get togethers...I'll keep that in mind, as I start tinkering with my new toy I'm certain I'll need some help...I cna always throw some meat on the smoker and have a group over to help with my car...you said most everyone's is "fixed"...I can assure you mine needs some work!!

Brian- Let me know about karting tomorrow.
Old 09-17-2004, 12:35 PM
theedge
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

We'll have to get together again pretty soon. I have to get ready for the Texas Mile.

Anybody else get the invitation to the 997 launch party tomorrow night? I had to RSVP with Momentum. They said it's going to be a full house. It's going to be at the Rouge restaurant. I've never been there before.
Jeez you Americans are slow... We had our 997 party weeks ago
Old 09-17-2004, 04:01 PM
Red1
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by theedge
Jeez you Americans are slow... We had our 997 party weeks ago
Wouldn't doubt it a bit. If you knew anything about the dealers we have to suffer with, it's no surprise we're behind the power curve here. Amazing.

Jeff, I can't get Jeff C to answer his phone. Short of growing a pair of breasts I don't know how to get that boy's attention. PM me your cell number so I can let you know if I get anybody else lined up. I'll leave it to you to talk to Jason, and I hear Scott had another back surgery, so he's probably laid up.

Oh BTW, I didn't even get to the 997 party last night. Silly me drove the 951 to work, and the alternator decided yesterday was a good day to quit. Back in the garage for me.

Quick Reply: Well, I finally did it!!!