Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Defenitly not a Porsche day.(rant)

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2004, 05:12 PM
Dalilean
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Defenitly not a Porsche day.(rant)

I have to get this out of my system. After work I am going straight home, no driving around.

All weekend long my car has been a bit temperamental. I finally got it running yesterday, no prob. This morning I go to drop my kid to school (he always loves it when I take him in the "race car", and not in his mom's SUV), then of to the office. I deal with the usual running gag of how if I wanted a real Porsche, I should by a real one. I answered in my usual manner that if they wanted a real car, they should not have bought Japanese. Then I am of to school.

That's when my day went down hill.

When I get out of class and head to my car, to return to the office, I noticed I had a ticket. That didn't **** me off. I have always taken everything on stride. When I looked at what the ticket said, I notice the car's make. "Polche". My pride and joy is a "Polche".

I should have taken that as a sign that my day would go down hill from there...

10 min. into traffic, my car stalls. I check everything. It just won't go. I call my dad (he is my mechanic) to get the flatbed. I spend 1 hr trying to get the thing to start. When he finally arrives, I decide to try one last time. Guess what. The car starts! Just like that! I drive to his house, lift the hood, and check everything out. I found that the 2 nuts in the coil to be loose. All my car problems could just have been as simple as to damn loose wires in the coil! (I'll still keep checking)

On my way to the office, diving as usual. This lady (maybe 65) gets into the avenue from an entrance at the left. She comes in wide and goes into the right lane. I see her, no problem, so I go in through the left, expecting her to stay in her lane. That's when the *BEEP* (edited for minors, we will refer to her as "lady" for future references) lady just slides into my lane. I hit the breaks!, hit the horn!, slide into the middle security lane and barrier. The "lady", instead of correcting into her lane, slams the beaks too! In that split second I swear I had time and was close enough to read the lable on her glasses, the guy behind me also hitting the breaks but swerving out of the way, the old promotional posters and advertisments posted on the barrier. By the time both cars came to a stop, my nerves were on end. I got out of the car, 2" away from the concrete barrier. When I walked around look at the other side, where her car was, 1 1/2" inches away from her door! Didn't even touch her! Then she says that I should be more careful driving.

After explaining (yelling at the top of my lungs) the finer points of why this accident would have been her falt, she proceeded to tell me that "atleast nothing happened to" me. After further "explaining" my opinion of her and her diving. I just drove to the side, took a breath (ok, about 5 min just to calm down) then got to work.

I am here right now just considering driving straight home.
Old 09-07-2004, 05:23 PM
tifosiman
Race Director

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

I would take the bus.
Old 09-07-2004, 05:28 PM
OriginalSterm
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ever dream of being your own boss? sick of normal business hours? tired of filling out countless tps reports? STOP! you too can be your own boss!

sorry...at least nothing major happened. good luck and take a breath.
Old 09-07-2004, 06:02 PM
UDPride
Thinking outside da' bun...
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 470 Likes on 242 Posts

Men are irresponsible drivers. Women are untalented drivers. Both equally dangerous. Both annoying. There are occasional exceptions, some on this forum, some not.

I refuse to get in the car with any female in my family who is behind the wheel. Its more frightening than rolling over in bed and finding Jim J Bullock performing a bikini wax.
Old 09-07-2004, 07:11 PM
washington951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

you drive a porsche. not a polche. hence: the ticket is not valid.
dispute it.
thats the first thing i always do on a ticket of any sorts - check alllllllll the little details - date, location, spelling, etc......
Old 09-07-2004, 07:18 PM
xsboost90
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

bad day, that happens to me like every day!!! I think people just like to cut me off.
Old 09-07-2004, 08:12 PM
Ric_Porsche
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Feeling your pain today

I supervise a sales team. So today I got up early to head off to one of our retail booths (kiosk) in one the malls. No one is there. Waited 45 mins until the employee showed up with the excuse that they were in the mall so had to deal with that. Then I call my superior to find out that my main computer at the location I am usually at has been taken and is being wiped. Total panic because I have VERY personal stuff saved on that computer in an email acct that I POP from Outlook express. My computer at home was fried so I had no choice but to use the work computer, yes I know I am not suppossed to. The thing that is really irrateting is that the reason the computer got taken is because some of my reps had been downloading games, instant messenger ,etc. I had asked them not to many times. Well someone corrupted our main data program that we need to check accts so all weekend we were down without any access. I sent out an all hands email to address it and CCd my superior on it so everyone could get the message not to download anything. I was assured that they were going to come out to fix the problem, not take the computer or wipe out anything as all my sales reports etc are on that computer. Well apprently the message did not get to the IT guy who came out. The computer with all the files, some very imporant legal stuff I had saved in my outlook express (not saved on the server ) is gone. That has been my day. Yes it has been one of those days.

Oh and I still have yet to get the Porsche I bought on August 6th back yet (Getting it back on the 17th but that is another story)

Quick Reply: Defenitly not a Porsche day.(rant)