Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do it myselfer

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2004, 09:49 AM
Enviroteacher924S
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do it myselfer

Hey Everybody,
Well, school started yesterday and now I am up to my neck in 9th graders trying to get them to understand E.C.D.C.I.C.A (if anyone can tell me what that means then you'll get a gold star) in science class. Is it almost June yet? When is winter break?
Anyways, the 924 S is going well so far. I am having a leak that is causing my oil to mix into my coolant (I know if that was the other way around it would be a problem). i was told that I have to replace the seals on my oil cooler, is that right? Now, I am what some people would say is a "handy" girl with a set of tools. How big is this job? I got the directions on how to replace the seals, but I am a little nervous to do this on my own. I know how to change my own oil and that is it. Can I do this and have any of you ever done this? Any advice would be great. Thanks everyone and I hope everyone has a fanTABulous day! Smiles
Old 09-03-2004, 10:33 AM
Yabo
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Take a look at www.clarks-garage.com and go to workshop manuals. There is probably an oil cooler section, and I trust that site with all jobs.

Take a look and see if it is too much for you. It is a pain in the *** job from what I gather from others. I would not say it is a beginner job. It is a problem to have oil in your coolant, and ifyou have that, you probably have some coolant in your oil. I would not run it like this.

Btw, I love how your signature has a 924 S (mine) 911 (ours) 914 (our's). Sounds like your husband's got shafted! Where's his!!

Have a ... fantabulous.. day. Okay guys, dont flame me.
Old 09-03-2004, 11:35 AM
Jay Gratton
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Devon,
Yeah, she always says. What is mine is our's and what is her's is her's! Funny how that works. At least she is willing to try and figure this problem out without my help. She has made it very clear that she wants this car and its problems to be all hers! Thats right boys, she is taken! Best wishes - Jay Gratton
Old 09-03-2004, 11:39 AM
Yabo
Rennlist Member

I don't know ... she's pretty close by.. how old is she again? Lol.. good luck!
Old 09-03-2004, 12:14 PM
StoogeMoe
Rennlist Member

Received 146 Likes on 99 Posts

Every Class Dunks Cookies In Coffee Always ?
Old 09-03-2004, 12:29 PM
Techno Duck
Nordschleife Master

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Engery, Cycles, Diversity, Communities, Inter-Relationsip, Change, Adaptation

Its sort of an 'Earth' awarness thing if i remember.
Old 09-03-2004, 12:31 PM
Yabo
Rennlist Member

She did have a question btw. Unless my answer was sufficient!
Old 09-03-2004, 03:30 PM
njwilser
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dear Ms. Davidson,

Having recenlty changed out my oil cooler seals in conjunction w/ a belt job on my early 85. I must say that to remove the cooler is tight and tricky. The power steer. pump needs to be move and the sway bar must be moved. Good tools are a must due to the tight working conditions. I actually had to go out and by a 12 mm swivel socket, a universal swivel extension and a 1" extension.

If the most involved thing you have done to date is an oil change I vote NO.

If you deside yes, just make sure you have plenty of time as you may have some hurdles. I did and I have done numerous Tbelts clutches etc. etc.

Good luck, MW

Quick Reply: Do it myselfer