Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reusable Injector Parts

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2004 | 07:28 AM
pat944
Advanced

Default Reusable Injector Parts

I'm in the process of changing the FPR and Fuel Dampener, and have had to pull the fuel rail to get both of the units off. Are the injector seals reusable, and if they aren't I assume they're a standard part and not peculiar to the car. Also, how difficult is it to get new connectors for the ends of the injector pigtails as all of them broke while removing them, I didn't have much choice in the matter, seems 20 year old plastic just doesn't bend well.
Old 08-24-2004 | 08:10 AM
hosrom_951
UAE Rennlist Ambassador
Rennlist Member

Well, i guess that they are, as long as they are still in good condition.

But since your removing the rail, i would recommend getting the seals since you would have to do it all over again later on if you go back and change just the seals.
Old 08-24-2004 | 08:22 AM
Yabo
Rennlist Member

Seals are like 5 dollars anyway.. why not?
Old 08-24-2004 | 09:15 AM
Matt H
Race Director

Replace the seals, available everywhere and less than 10 bucks US. The pigtails are not available seperately AFAIK. It sounds like you didnt remove the metal clips before pulling them apart. I have removed countless rails and injectors and never broken one of the pigtails, they just pull off once the circlip is out.
Old 08-24-2004 | 09:33 AM
Chris_924s
Nerd Herder
Rennlist Member

I agree with Matt- I have never broken an injector plug- they have always felt brittle to me so I take extra care during removal. Make sure the spring clip is off to avoid this. (and dont loose sight of it as it may go flying under the intake. )

IIRC I paid 15 bucks for the set of injector o-rings, hats, seals to do all 4. I dont hesitate to replace cheap parts when possible and "as long as I'm in there"
Old 08-24-2004 | 09:43 AM
pat944
Advanced

The pigtail connectors broke while I was trying to remove metal clip, the connectors on my speed and reference sensors did the same while I was trying to remove the metal clips, so that looks like they'll be the problem then. I'm taking the injectors to my local Bosch service guy and telling him to clean them, replace what needs doing, so they'll be fine.

Anyone know if the injector wiring loom is replacable or goes straight into the DME, through the firewall. If I can get the connectors seperately I might try reterminating the pigtails to them. The clips will still hold them on, it's the top half of the connector that sits in front of the clip that come off when i was trying to get them clips out.
Old 08-24-2004 | 11:17 AM
SoCal Driver
Race Car

If you can find a parts car cut the injector harness off as close to the main loom as possible. Once you get it to your garage you can split the sheath back and see where the splices are. Then just splice in the new harness with a couple of pieces of shrink tubing to slide back over the splices. Done this twice. Not to the same car.
Old 08-25-2004 | 08:38 AM
pat944
Advanced

No worries. My local Bosch service guy had new ones, just cut the old ones off and soldered up the new ones to them. I dunno if it works yet cause the battery's gone flat after sitting for four days. Another prob I'm gunna have ot chase down.

Quick Reply: Reusable Injector Parts