Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cost of Body work? A ding on my door.

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2004, 09:41 PM
Ric_Porsche
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cost of Body work? A ding on my door.

Just wondering. I am sure it can't cost to much. There is a ding on the passenger side door (right above where the handle is) and the paint is chipped off it, no rust though . The ding is on the top part where the window is (See photo). There are also about 3 other dings on the car.

Old 08-13-2004, 10:20 PM
MM951
Race Director

Received 49 Likes on 39 Posts

WOW! Your car looks GREAT

Its hard to see it (infact I cant see it at all!) but little dings are usualyl okay to fix. Is it creased? If its TINY I would just smack some body putty on there and paint it (its more involved of course,but I gotta run)
Old 08-13-2004, 11:06 PM
Jeremy
Rennlist Member

Ric -

I am not sure where you are located or if you plan on being at the Hershey swap meet next year, but there was a paintless dent removal guy this year that worked on my 951. I was absolutely amazed - in less than an hour he went thorugh my entire 951removing every NYC metro area dent I and the po had required. He was at Hershey for the first time - was a great guy with reasonable prices and is located in PA. He was so good he had more than one concourse vehicle requesting he removal that "little" imperfection. I have his card somewhere - if you happen to be in PA or will be at Hershey next year I would be happy to look for it - let me know -

Jeremy
Old 08-14-2004, 01:34 AM
Spock 951
Intermediate

Ric,

I was at the Hershey show as well, and had my car done by the same guy after watching him work on Jeremy's car. He was truly a master. His company is Dent Crafters Inc., and his number is 717 764-4830. He did my whole car for about $175, which included a nickel sized dent on the front fender, a slightly smaller one on the top of the passenger door near the window, plus every little nick and ding in both of my doors. Unless I showed you where the dents were, you wouldn't be able to tell.

Jeremy,

It was nice meeting you at the show - I had the red 951 and showed you the proper operation of the sunroof, remember? If you are planning on attending any local events let me know and we can get together.

Keith
Old 08-14-2004, 03:01 PM
Ric_Porsche
Instructor

I live in Baltimore so that is a nice ride up 83 and gives me a reason to go to the park. I will indeed call him. Thanks guys!
Old 08-14-2004, 05:50 PM
Yabo
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hey mike, your 944's officialy gone?
Old 08-14-2004, 06:05 PM
Techno Duck
Nordschleife Master

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I can vouch for the paintless dent removal guy at Hershey also. My ex and i were watching him remove a dent on the passenger side door of a 951. He had a whole group of people watching him work. I was amazed at how quickly and perfect the repairs were. Defenetley try and make it down to Hershey next year. There was something like 1000+ cars there Saturday morning. Im hoping im not overseas and hoping i can make the trip in a 944 this time around .
Old 08-16-2004, 11:15 AM
Jeremy
Rennlist Member

Default Leon Hurd is the Man!

Keith provided the right information above. Leon was amazing - I highly recommend him. The only thing I would add is that his mobile number was on my card - 717-324-0053. I also paid $175 for the whole car, probably over a half dozen dings with two large ones (one even had a crease). I just washed/hand glazed/waxed the car again this weekend and was amazed at how the car looks brand new again due to his work. I would definitely give him a call - a nice guy who was busting his hump b/c it is his nature and his wife was several months pregnant. I would refer all rennlisters headed to Hershey to look for him - I am probably going to drive the 1983 next year just so that he can take the dents out of it too. Hhe even showed up for the autocross the next day without his tools b/c he really enjoys p-cars -

Jeremy

Quick Reply: Cost of Body work? A ding on my door.